Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah but Chelsea can’t tie him down for those 14 years, can they? He could sign for what 5-6 years? Then he could feck off to Madrid in his prime.
I'm guessing he'll be put on a 6 and a half +1 contract. Which will mean his contract will expire at 29, so either we'll get to enjoy a large part of his peak or get big money for him, win win.

BlackShark_80

I might miss something but extension must be agreed by both parties, right?
So far, it has been reported that Declan rejected mutiple WH proposals for new contract.
It's apparent that he's determined to move.

Both Chelsea and United have been attributed with strongest interest.
But now Graham Potter seems to be pushing for Moises Caceido, that will make Declan's transfer seemingly redundant.
That will leave United, mind you Casemiro is already 30.
I'm just thinking that it would be funny if Liverpool pulls another "Cody Gakpo".
This place would have a meltdown.
Rice signed that contract with West Ham, basically he already agreed with that 1 year extension.

BlueHaze

Disgusting fee. You have to be complete moron to spend this fee on a player just because he had a good WC...

Flexdegea

People saying its a ridiculous fee...and it is. But £130m for a 21year old with maybe 14years left in his career and even if he flops large sell on value that looks to have it all to be world class.

We have spent £60m on a 30year old midfielder with maybe 5years left in his career and very little sell on value in 2/3years.

Not saying Casemeiro hasnt so far been an excellent signing, possibly the best in the world in his position at the moment....but in 4yers time if we dont bring a player through, we have to spend another £60m to replace him, Chelsea can probably sell Fernandez for £60m even if he isnt a huge success....so in net terms we may have spent what they are about to and them vice versa.

Bellingham and Fernandez are wonderful young midfielders, but you spend the kind of money they are to cost on players that win games, not central midfielders, as good as both are.

But also, yo dont spend £60m on a 30year old central midfielder. We have got some good players in this summer, but we have massively over spent on all of them. They may all be great signings but value wise, only Martinez looks like a really good long term deal in terms of what we spent.

Saying all that, Id love Fernandez here, no matter what he costs as think he offers just what we need and I also think he is making the wrong move going to CHelsea as well

So basically you selling cheslea lose 60milif he flops and we lose 60mil because he has no resell, but they get a flop who brought no value to the team, and we get the best about in his position for 3/4 more years.

Not really a comparison then is it.

Chelsea be spending the 120mil hoping they get 10 years of on pitch value from him. Not thinking we could sell him on a loss like it's a win.

ShinjiNinja26

Good player but nowhere near that sort of price tag. If Chelsea are willing to get bent over by Benfica then they’re welcome to him. Seems like a typical Todd Boehly move.

Last edited:

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Good player but nowhere near that sort of price tag. If Chelsea are willing to get bent over by Benfica then they’re welcome to him. Seems like a typical Todd Boehly move.
It’s not my money, so I am happy with the fee.

SinNombre

They will spend up to a billion, or so they agreed when they bought the team.
I guess so.

Looking at Swiss Ramble and your FFP numbers, you lot are in trouble after this, likely can spend at most another 100m until the 2025 summer window. I am including Nkunku.

Actually didn’t notice you lot bought a defender as well in Jan. That reduces the number to 60m before FFP trouble.

TheReligion

Abusive
I guess so.

Looking at Swiss Ramble and your FFP numbers, you lot are in trouble after this, likely can spend at most another 100m until the 2025 summer window. I am including Nkunku.

Actually didn’t notice you lot bought a defender as well in Jan. That reduces the number to 60m before FFP trouble.
Yep. It’s a huge gamble that these deals pay off because they’ll not be able to simply loan out failures (like Lukaku) and replace them. They are stuck.

SinNombre

Yep. It’s a huge gamble that these deals pay off because they’ll not be able to simply loan out failures (like Lukaku) and replace them. They are stuck.
All the numbers I mentioned above are assuming they cannot sell players for more than their remaining book value. In the past, they have been able to do so by selling academy products who have no FFP book value. They were by far the best academy between 2014 and 2018, and could sell players emerging from the U18s until recently; and are an average top-6 club academy now so unless the Chelsea folks here think otherwise, won't nearly have as many young players to sell.

TheReligion

Abusive
All the numbers I mentioned above are assuming they cannot sell players for more than their remaining book value. In the past, they have been able to do so by selling academy products who have no FFP book value. They were by far the best academy between 2014 and 2018, and could sell players emerging from the U18s until recently; and are an average top-6 club academy now so unless the Chelsea folks here think otherwise, won't nearly have as many young players to sell.
I definitely think the new owners are gambling here. It will be interesting if they miss out on the top 4 and CL this season too.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I guess so.

i read somewhere there is a 3 yr pass for new ownership. Or something similar. I forget exactly the wording

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not a pass for three years from memory, but some kind of reset which Bohley is trying to take advantage of.
Its also why you see our new signings sign 6 and 7 yr deals. Spreads the fee even thinner per yr of contract, to help with ffp. say 40m for badiashile, 6.5 yr deal is like 7.5-8m per yr for FFP. Sod all

If Enzo joined and signed a 6 yr deal, 20m a year, ish

TheReligion

Abusive
Its also why you see our new signings sign 6 and 7 yr deals. Spreads the fee even thinner per yr of contract, to help with ffp. say 40m for badiashile, 6.5 yr deal is like 7.5-8m per yr for FFP. Sod all

If Enzo joined and signed a 6 yr deal, 20m a year, ish
I thought the fee needed to be up front for Enzo? Which is why no one else is willing to get involved?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I thought the fee needed to be up front for Enzo? Which is why no one else is willing to get involved?
That is why we are trying to go above the clause, that way it allows for structured payments. If you pay the clause, it has to be deposited in one by the player.

SinNombre

Like Nkunku, they are paying above the release clause.

And there is no new ownership "pass". Covid relaxations still apply but are slowly getting phased out, which is why they will have a lot of pressure to generate revenues by selling or to curb new buys in another 18 months.

jesperjaap

So basically you selling cheslea lose 60milif he flops and we lose 60mil because he has no resell, but they get a flop who brought no value to the team, and we get the best about in his position for 3/4 more years.

Not really a comparison then is it.

Chelsea be spending the 120mil hoping they get 10 years of on pitch value from him. Not thinking we could sell him on a loss like it's a win.
Yes that is a fair point. Do we get four years out of Casemeiro at this level though? I dont think Fenandez will flop at Chelsea....but I don think they are the right club for him and I dont think he is the right plaeyr for them either. Think he is a huge star at a lot of top clubs, for some reason jsut dont see it at Chelsea.

But lets not judge Casemeiro to quickly. Not on the same level, but Mati was very good here in his first season and age caught up with him very quickly

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He’s not very intelligent if he signs for Chelsea right now. Wait until the summer and he can probably have his pick of top clubs.

Mr.Hik

He’s not very intelligent if he signs for Chelsea right now. Wait until the summer and he can probably have his pick of top clubs.
One bad injury and he can lose his big money move.

Threesus

Chelsea came sixth and hazard still joined them( they did win the CL tbf). Similarly pogba, ADM joined us when we were out of the CL. Maybe the project and the money convinced him.

OmarUnited4ever

for FFP, payment terms of transfer fees(upfronr or installments) don't impact the annual accounting of profit and loss, cost of transfer fees are amortized over the length of the player's contract

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Chelsea came sixth and hazard still joined them( they did win the CL tbf). Similarly pogba, ADM joined us when we were out of the CL. Maybe the project and the money convinced him.
We are in a different league to Chelsea though. The attention and exposure players get is at least 10x the amount of any other club.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
We are in a different league to Chelsea though. The attention and exposure players get is at least 10x the amount of any other club.
When was the last time the pull of United worked when you’ve tried convincing a player to join? In the last decade (at least) it’s the obscene wages you have offered. You haven’t been successful, celebrate 2nd place finishes like it’s a great achievement and have been run by one of the worst boards and ownerships in English football. Chelsea might be chaos but you’re quite likely to leave with a medal or two. No one wants to be a Harry Kane.

TheReligion

Abusive
When was the last time the pull of United worked when you’ve tried convincing a player to join? In the last decade (at least) it’s the obscene wages you have offered. You haven’t been successful, celebrate 2nd place finishes like it’s a great achievement and have been run by one of the worst boards and ownerships in English football. Chelsea might be chaos but you’re quite likely to leave with a medal or two. No one wants to be a Harry Kane.
Didn’t have to think very long.

Casemiro

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
120m is ridiculous. Benfica bought him for 12 only 4 months ago... And after half good season Chelsea spend 120!!!
Cucurella, Sterling, Koulibaly, Aubameyang and now a crazy fee for Fernandez: Boehly is wasting incredibile money.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great player. Wanted him, but 130M is insane. No one does propaganda like Benfica.
They’ve got the next two lined up already, too; Gonçalo Ramos — decent striker prospect in a dearth of traditional no.9s, and Antonio Silva — who might have the potential to be the best Portuguese CB around. It’s honestly impressive

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Obscene wages are the reason players went to Chelsea, they're the ones who started the trend in English football, I doubt Bruno was on obscene wages when he arrived, Dalot the same

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hmm.. Casemiro and Varane are a pretty big 2 don't you think? They didn't get some big wage raise, they left Madrid for a new challenge and to get another big historic club on their CV.

lysglimt

Scout
So if Chelsea sign him - they will have signed players for £400 million in 6 months ? And with Nkunku and the french guy - it's £500 million ?

TheReligion

Abusive
Hmm.. Casemiro and Varane are a pretty big 2 don't you think? They didn't get some big wage raise, they left Madrid for a new challenge and to get another big historic club on their CV.
The real question @SirReginald should be asking is who, other than United, have taken players from Real Madrid? Players at the top of their game?

Don’t think any other English club can say they’ve done that with the Spanish big two. And United aren’t even at their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.