Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

yep....hate the thought of him going to Chelsea as he's a quality quality CM. He'd have been ideal for us next to Casemiro but Chelsea have figured out a way to cheat the system

bosskeano

if Enzo signs....last ditch bid for Kovačić just to see if we could pull it off

Lee565

yep....hate the thought of him going to Chelsea as he's a quality quality CM. He'd have been ideal for us next to Casemiro but Chelsea have figured out a way to cheat the system
It is more of a case of he who dares wins, any club could do what Chelsea are doing currently but it is whether they want to take such big risks

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Would've been perfect for us.

I hope he gets scrutinised the way a £120m or € or whatever signing should. I just don't see how a CM lives up a price tag like that.

bosskeano

Hope it falls through
same here...really don't want him at Chelsea. Prefer him at United but not sure we'd have the pockets to get him in the summer along with Osimhen

It is more of a case of he who dares wins, any club could do what Chelsea are doing currently but it is whether they want to take such big risks
not sure any club....dropping 600m only a few clubs can do that who are owned by Oil money

romufc

Would've been perfect for us.

I hope he gets scrutinised the way a £120m or € or whatever signing should. I just don't see how a CM lives up a price tag like that.
There is only one way, Chelsea have to win a PL or CL. There is no other way to live up to such a price tag.

He is an 8, which makes it even harder to live up to that name tag.

Post summer, when Jude also moves, there will be comparisons between the 2 as well.

slored1

If Potter doesn't win a PL in the next 3 years his tenure will be classified as a massive failure.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If Potter doesn't win a PL in the next 3 years his tenure will be classified as a massive failure.
Unless Chelsea have decided that they are willing to give up on the season, I dont think Potter will be in charge at GW38

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Tbf I think same should be said of any manager at any big club.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Unless Chelsea have decided that they are willing to give up on the season, I dont think Potter will be in charge at GW38
Chelsea is getting the paperwork done to bring Santos so he can get some games with the remaining of the season. I think the expectation is to get these players bedded in.

AltiUn

Chelsea is getting the paperwork done to bring Santos so he can get some games with the remaining of the season. I think the expectation is to get these players bedded in.
I'd be staggered if the expectation was anything but top 4 after this level of investment.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
There are rumors that Clearlake is going to use a Factoring Company to complete the deal and stay compliant with FFP. If true, people will lose it! Not really sure if that is allowed?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There are rumors that Clearlake is going to use a Factoring Company to complete the deal and stay compliant with FFP. If true, people will lose it! Not really sure if that is allowed?
If this works, it will be banned by UEFA before the next transfer window opens.

slored1

BlackShark_80

Basically what Atletico did before for Joao Felix.

AltiUn

This feels like one of those things everyone says is allowed, then ends up getting hit with a transfer ban later down the line. Either way, what they're actually doing is going above Benfica's head in the last few hours of the transfer window to pay the release clause, a very shitty thing to. Be surprised if there's any deals between the two clubs in the future after this.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This feels like one of those things everyone says is allowed, then ends up getting hit with a transfer ban later down the line. Either way, what they're actually doing is going above Benfica's head in the last few hours of the transfer window to pay the release clause, a very shitty thing to. Be surprised if there's any deals between the two clubs in the future after this.
I mean. Chelsea doesn’t need to deal with Benfica if they pay the clause on any of their players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Benfica will get their release clause fee up front like they’ve asked for all along. Not sure how that is going above their heads. It’s the use of a third party to finance the deal, after Benfica have been paid their fee, that is being reported here.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Its how Atleti bought Felix. Company paid the clause, Atleti paid the company back in installments

Therefore, it circumvents ffp

Castia

Hope it falls through
I don’t.

Mammoth fee for a player who moved for 9m 7 months ago and that hardly anybody had even seen play before the World Cup.

Talk about World Cup tax they‘ve made over 100m in just over 6 months it must be the most ridiculous deal ever made

ShinjiNinja26

Its how Atleti bought Felix. Company paid the clause, Atleti paid the company back in installments

Therefore, it circumvents ffp
I can see this sort of thing being shutdown very quickly after this deal goes through if that’s the road Chelsea are going down. They’re already firmly in the spotlight after this disgusting spending spree and UEFA have already made amendments to the rules due to them with this amortisation of contracts bollocks.

StiffTackle

Why is everything Todd Boehly does being described as a clever loophole?

Whats so clever about getting a loan?

We spent all summer hearing about how the Glazers had to use a credit facility to buy players and that United fans should be really worried. Yet suddenly when you call it a factoring company - genius move to get around ffp.

The story at any other club would be new, inexperienced owner mortgages clubs future with risky contract strategy and then has to take out a loan to continue spending after summer transfers fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.