Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think the contract offer is just a merry dance to move him on. It's clear Ole doesn't trust him to stay fit, so why would he make him his main CB. We gave it a go for a bit, but he just got injured again.

tomaldinho1

If it's actually true, wish him the best. Such potential but his body has not been kind to him, no way his reasoning should be that he wants to start when he's mostly injured. I wonder how much of this, if any, links to the reports about Maguire wanting a CB partner who speaks English or was born in England. Cavani wants out, Mata, Romero leaving, Rojo gone, Pogba potentially, DDG might now be No2, Bailly now apparently off....that's a large section of what I'd assume is a Spanish speaking core of the dressing room (plus guys like Pogba and Bailly who are fluent).

I have long harboured reservations about United's medical and physical conditioning team (lukaku digestion story, Memphis packing on way too much muscle, Phil jones, Lingard cleared to play and then reoccurring injury, Martial thigh injury off the top off my head) so I won't be surprised if he does move and then suddenly stays fit.

rollingstoned1

Him rejecting our offer might be a blessing in disguise, knowing us we would have offered a bumper new deal just to protect his transfer value and atrophy away on the treatment table.

0le

A "friend" said those things. Yeah sure thing Sky.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
4th best defender at the club demands guaranteed football from his sick bed. You can't make this shit up.
You can make it up and it's not impossible that we are seeing it in that tweet. I mean there is [Sky] after the quote.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm quite excited by this.

Bailly and Martial are the next type of players we need to sell or let leave the club.

Devil may care

I can understand his frustration as it does feel like no matter what Maglof will start most of the time despite them not complimenting each other, but if he's fed up then who knows how Axel feels.

Based Adnan

Unreal we offered him a contract in the first place. Hopefully he turns it down and moves on to play his 15 games a season elsewhere.

GazTheLegend

What utter nonsense, there are other CBs who have been fit all season who would have cost far less
I'll extend my point to the entirety of 2020, in which Maguire played more games than anyone else. Now name these mythical centre backs. Ideally premier League centre backs please, no punts on Connor Goldson for instance.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'll extend my point to the entirety of 2020, in which Maguire played more games than anyone else. Now name these mythical centre backs. Ideally premier League centre backs please, no punts on Connor Goldson for instance.
Because his manager isn't good at rotating

DickDastardly

Another one bites the dust. Hopefully.

That's the one thing i admire Ole for. Knowing when to part with a player.

Let's hope Martial, Matić, Mata, Jones, etc, join in the line.

We need a CB who's capable od playing 40 games per season. Not 40 in 4 years.

Cassidy

Another one bites the dust. Hopefully.

That's the one thing i admire Ole for. Knowing when to part with a player.

Let's hope Martial, Matić, Mata, Jones, etc, join in the line.

We need a CB who's capable od playing 40 games per season. Not 40 in 4 years.
Pretty sure we offered him a new contract, like we did with Matic

Tiber

He does have talent, but can't say I would be sad to see him move on.

Cassidy

This kind of stories wouldn't be coming up if all parties were happy with the results of the negotiation.
Yes he wants to play. If he was more like Matic and Jones, he would be happy to collect a pay cheque and sit on the bench

AFC NimbleThumb

I'm quite excited by this.

Bailly and Martial are the next type of players we need to sell or let leave the club.
So we can replace them with Cavani’s & De Beek’s.

Better the devil I know thanks; we aren’t replacing them with anyone better based on our current transfer strategy but yea; they’re ‘the next type of player’ we should offload.

This club is fecked.

I can understand his frustration as it does feel like no matter what Maglof will start most of the time despite them not complimenting each other, but if he's fed up then who knows how Axel feels.
Exactly.

Is he often injured? Yes but when fit he’s proven our best CB.

If I’d been on the bench witnessing Lindelof taking a knee for BLM mid match I’d want out too.

Cassidy

The crazy thing about this is that we have known we needed to replace him for about 2 years, yet we'll probably lose him for free

It would be a shame because hes got more ability than any of our defenders and you just know as soon as he leaves here he'll turn into the terminator and never get injured again.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yes he wants to play. If he was more like Matic and Jones, he would be happy to collect a pay cheque and sit on the bench
Matic is a decent squad player and always available when called upon. Don't compare him to that sicknote.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we are better off without because he is injured so much. Bailly not being injured is a top defender. But he is made of glass. And we cannot rely on him because of this.

DickDastardly

So we can replace them with Cavani’s & De Beek’s.

Better the devil I know thanks; we aren’t replacing them with anyone better based on our current transfer strategy but yea; they’re ‘the next type of player’ we should offload.

This club is fecked.

Exactly.

Is he often injured? Yes but when fit he’s proven our best CB.

If I’d been on the bench witnessing Lindelof taking a knee for BLM mid match I’d want out too.
In the last 4 years, he played 60 something games.

That's roughly 15 games per season.

We really shouldn't evaluate his game when it clear se haven't seen enough.

Yes, he has moments of brilliance.
He also has brainfarts.

The main problem is the pure number of games we can expect from him - and it's simply not enough.

bdspeedy

Too bad he can't stay fit. Best defender we have. The club who pays stupid money and gives long contracts to bang average, always injured players like Jones & Rojo, doesn't rate him. If he was English he'd have been given a 10 year contract. I'm not Ole out, but his team selection and his inability to pull the trigger on making substitutions will be his undoing.

Zen86

Too good to sit on the bench? Being fit enough to sit on the bench has historically been too difficult for him.

rotherham_red

Honestly, when he's fit he's much better than Lindelof. Yet it's Lindelof who's always first choice. I can understand his frustrations.
He's played 100 league games for Utd. He's been injured for the other 98 we've had while he's been here.

Mark Pawelek

I don't see anyone buying him. It's all loans with options to buy. Clubs with money: Chelsea, City, ain't buying due to fitness concerns, for one. He should definitely have played against Leicester because Vardy is too fast for the United central defense and midfield.

Smores

Good news really as he's never fit so I'm glad he's stopping the club making another Jones like mistake.

I can understand from his point of view why he doesn't want to sign a contract to be stuck as a backup. We've probably told him he won't be a starter until he signs, seems to be something we do.

SirAF

Ageist
2nd best CB at the club for me, just a shame he can't stay fit.

Revan

Assumptionman
Good, good. Never understood our willingness to offer new contracts to players who are barely fit.

feck off, and good riddance.

waste of £30m and however much in wages.

cant be relied upon.

if he was a horse, he’d have been put down a long time ago.

NinjaFletch

It's a bit of a shame, more money needing to be spent to replace a back up means less money to splurge on an attack that's actually fun to watch.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He should be grateful we were dumb enough to offer him a new contract. Glad he's turning it down - 100 games in 5 years says it all.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
feck off, and good riddance.

waste of £30m and however much in wages.

cant be relied upon.

if he was a horse, he’d have been put down a long time ago.
So brutal yet so true :lol:

Hopefully this will force our hand into buying a top centre back. Although knowing us we’ll probably get Ben White, who can’t even get picked for England over Eric Dier & Tyrone Mings.

4th best defender at the club demands guaranteed football from his sick bed. You can't make this shit up.
Who is 3rd? Surely you’re not suggesting Tuanzebe? He’s just as injury prone & miles off him in ability.

SAFMUTD

People need to appreciate Maguire more just based on the fact that he has been available for every single game since he signed for us.

A far cry from the sicknote defenders we've had over the years.
Thats an awful low bar, but agree just the fact of having a consistently available CB seems like a win nowadays.

R'hllor

When fit he is better than the one that ducks but he aint fit that often sadly. Also having him on the pitch is pure entertainment positive and negative. Funny players come and go but Jones cant be moved.

el3mel

Nice lad but I'll sell in a heartbeat. A lot of potential but I very much doubt he'll ever fulfill it. I'll like to have more reliable options on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.