Eric Bailly | loan agreed with OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

We all wanted Bailly to be the player he gave us glimpses of, but he can't be relied upon. The continued injury issues and lack of regular game time meant when he did play he was always just short of game rhythm. Fingers crossed we can get a fee for him but even that is unlikely

SAFMUTD

Get rid of all injury prone players, no use in having them specially if they are back ups. The guts of even making statements like that FFS I hope thats an invented quote but if Bailly really feels like that then feck him, let his contract expire, sell him or whatever. Let him go to another club and see if he can get the wages he currently has.

slored1

OK player when fit but too little too late. Wouldn't be sad either way, if he signs or not.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How can he play when he's always injured, he gets that right?

stevoc

Honestly, when he's fit he's much better than Lindelof. Yet it's Lindelof who's always first choice. I can understand his frustrations.
The first bolded part there explains the second to be fair.

Water Melon

If this is true, then do not extend his contract. Let him leave for free. He has been collecting his wages despite being a sicknote, and is now offended for not being brought on against Milan. The cheek of it.

Rooney24

"Spend his time sitting on the bench".

That would be an upgrade ffs.

CM

We'll have to spunk another £30 million on a back-up this summer. Wonderful.
Or better still, we won't get one. Another season of Tuanzebe barely getting a sniff of first team football I imagine.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
If he leaves you really need two new CBs this summer, unless you anticipate Tuanzebe or Jones being a reliable option. United have already been skimping a bit at this position and really just depending on Maguire being a total ironman and playing 38 league games/5000 minutes per season. He has an incredible fitness record but few players can keep that up.

Mainoldo

He likes the Iceman and block head. What makes people think we are going to buy a first team CB.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I like him. But I've wanted us to sell him for ages. He can't stay fit and buying another centre back for depth improves us (we still need a starting centre back).

With a year left on his deal, what could we conceivably expect? 15-20m?

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Spot on. Maguires appearance record alone justifies the fee, when combined with the fact that he probably is the best English defender!
I think Stones is the best now. He's been great both defensively and offensively since coming back from injury.

Orestetes

Lindelof is consistently fit and you need that continuity in the backline. Lindelof is the better defender imo but it doesnt even matter when the other guy is barely fit once a month.
If (big if) Bailly would stay fit for a long period, I think he'd be an upgrade on Lindelof. But yes with his injury record, he can't be trusted really.

Polar

Bailly is a great player when he is match fit. Unfortunately he haven’t been able to contribute a lot, and I’m afraid the situation will not change.

Time for him to move on and give us space to buy a new CB. We need reliable players who are able to contribute day in and day out.

snk123

What is it with the ungrateful injury prone players we've had over the years? We've stuck by them and paid their fecking wages and their treatment and this is how they repay us back? Hargreaves, Zlatan, Bailly etc..

Jericholyte2

What is it with the ungrateful injury prone players we've had over the years? We've stuck by them and paid their fecking wages and their treatment and this is how they repay us back? Hargreaves, Zlatan, Bailly etc..
I don’t get the ungrateful / repay us comments?

The club signed a contract and as such are obligated to pay his wages and it’s not like he’s faked these injuries.

DoomSlayer

I love Bailly as a player and character so I feel very sad about the whole situation. If he wasn't so injury prone, he would be top class by now, in my opinion.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Honestly, when he's fit he's much better than Lindelof. Yet it's Lindelof who's always first choice. I can understand his frustrations.
Because he's always injured, isn't this obvious?

Earlier in the season, he'd displaced Lindelof for a while before he, guess what, got injured again.

You can't rotate centre backs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Although he is pretty rubbish and made of paper you guys selling him yet still having Phil Jones on your books does make me laugh.

OleGunnar20

Love Bailly as a player, I think if he could magically stay fit he'd soon be regarded as our best CB. But of course that's never going to happen. We've seen it with RoJones.

To have the cheek to leak this nonsense after earning a fortune from the physio room (if true) is just embarrassing really.

The Original

Your bones are made from polystyrene Eric... we aren't rewarding that by building our defence around you bud.

If he could butch up a bit and run some of these knocks off instead of wilting like a petal every time somebody stands on his toes then perhaps he would get the nod instead of Lindelof.

In fairness to Lindelof he's playing through injury and you can tell whilst he's not the best he's desperate to secure that spot next to Maguire, we all know he will be replaced but it's the right attitude. I dunno, some players just seem to like to take a few weeks to recover from minor knocks.
You work with United medical l team? Otherwise how have you assessed the severity of his or other's injuries?

RUCK4444

You work with United medical l team? Otherwise how have you assessed the severity of his or other's injuries?
You can just sense when a player is the type who will play on through a knock or the type that wants to be wrapped in cotton wool.

I could be totally wrong but I don’t remember any of his injuries being the major and recurring type, just constant knocks, sprains etc.

You think players like Maguire don’t get those when he’s played the most minutes of any player on the planet? That’s what I’m eluding to.

Gandalf

I like him. But I've wanted us to sell him for ages. He can't stay fit and buying another centre back for depth improves us (we still need a starting centre back).

With a year left on his deal, what could we conceivably expect? 15-20m?
Honestly doubt we get more than a token fee, maybe 5m. I don't see him as highly valued by other teams and with just a year left on his deal and his chronic injury history nobody will want to gamble much to sign him.

Brophs

The One and Only
I get that footballers are myopic and self-obsessed, but if those quotes are genuine then you almost have to admire the fact he has a neck like a jockey’s bollocks.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Honestly doubt we get more than a token fee, maybe 5m. I don't see him as highly valued by other teams and with just a year left on his deal and his chronic injury history nobody will want to gamble much to sign him.
I wouldn't say it's that bad. That's more Phil Jones. At least Bailly has been available half the time, versus none of the time. And he's just shy of 27 years old. Think it would actually benefit him and his game to move, maybe to a side like Wolves or similar where they don't play in Europe, so fewer matches.

Nor would I be surprised if Inter Milan end up buying him. We seem to have some sort of a nebulous arrangement with them :D

Member 101269

So friend says that during negotiations.. interpretation; United give me better conditions I’ll stay

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One needs to be able to be first choice with consistency. Lindelöf fits this bill, Bailey does not.
Your post smacks of a very poor WUM.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Elaborate?
Might be a bit hyperbolic on my part, but the fact that a constant sick note is denying simple reality & is putting blame on Ole for not choosing him smacks of utter delusion. I just wonder & am somewhat concerned about the overall zeitgeist within the club in recent times.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Might be a bit hyperbolic on my part, but the fact that a constant sick note is denying simple reality & is putting blame on Ole for not choosing him smacks of utter delusion. I just wonder & am somewhat concerned about the overall zeitgeist within the club in recent times.
My mistake, I thought you were criticising the club and/or Ole. As you say, delusional from
Bailly.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My mistake, I thought you were criticising the club and/or Ole. As you say, delusional from
Bailly.
No, some criticism does deserve to go the club’s way as well, most recently the trophies comment from Ole.

But this idiocy from Bailly trumps all that. I do like him as a player, but this smacks of agents / hangers on feeding him bullshit & getting him to speak out against the club. If he wants to test the waters, fine.

M Bison

Supports
York City
No, some criticism does deserve to go the club’s way as well, most recently the trophies comment from Ole.

But this idiocy from Bailly trumps all that. I do like him as a player, but this smacks of agents / hangers on feeding him bullshit & getting him to speak out against the club. If he wants to test the waters, fine.
I hate the public nature of these types of comments, same with Pogba and his brother/agent comments. Not sure if that’s the club or the type of player we have but very frustrating whoever at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.