Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Tactically, ETH is a very good coach. He has proven that his tactical ideas can work when implemented. But what I have seen from him this season is clear weakness. The lack of courage to drop certain players who hold back the team from playing the kind of football we know him to implement is sign that he can't last at this club. Garnacho should be starting, Bruno should be resting, even Mctominay should not be starting yet he plays them. His tactics and ideas are defensive and show that he is just grasping. I hate it
Feels like he knows he is in trouble and is picking the dressing room leaders to avoid a mutiny.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is incredibly stubborn with his lineups, reminds me of van Gaal every day more and more.

Thom Merrilin

Good to see Varane and Reguilon back. I hope he sticks to a more traditional full back role and Dalot is the one who comes inside. Rashford is much more of a threat with someone overlapping.

Edit: wrong thread

STYLOISRED

Feels like he knows he is in trouble and is picking the dressing room leaders to avoid a mutiny.
Which is exactly why I want him gone. Because even if he manages to turn things around, it sets a very dangerous precedent. It solidifies the notion that they can't be dropped no matter what happens and it essentially weakens the squad because squad players will not train at their best if there is little chance they can claim a starting spot.

Great managers adapt but they also stick to their philosophy. One of the reasons I love Klopp and why I've always been a fan of Tuchel is that they always stick to their philosophy. Doesn't matter how the results turn out. They back their selves to win most of the time and trust that their ideas will give them success more often than not.

For all the Hate we give LVG for his totally boring and impotent brand of football, he stuck to his philosophy and made sure every player not suited to his style was kicked off.

STYLOISRED

He is incredibly stubborn with his lineups, reminds me of van Gaal every day more and more.
LVG atleast stuck to his philosophy. What we see from this team is a Chimera of ETHs core ideas and a quest to accommodate players who do not fit into them. The team has no identity!!! Atleast LVGs team had an identity- boring.

IrishMcD

What I would give to just have a manager who would pick players on form and be brave enough to sit the egos on the bench. The three behind Rasmus should all be counting their blessings to be starting again, McTominay shouldn’t be starting either.
Completely lost faith in Ten Hag when we bought Mount in the summer, but beginning to wonder if he was the managers signing. Wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t, clubs a mess from top to bottom.
Another dreadful performance incoming with that starting team.

FerociousCorgis

how the hell do you start the exact same midfield that looked so disastrous against fecking sheffield united yet again i do not know. Starting to lose my patience with EtH.

UnitedRepublic

I’ve reached the point where what ever he has coming to him he has to deal with it no excuses. He is making his bed and he got to lay in it when the time comes. It’s just Copenhagen tonight but If we lose to City and lose to Fulham after and he keeps playing his moments boys he got to go.

IrishMcD

I’ve reached the point where what ever he has coming to him he has to deal with it no excuses. He is making his bed and he got to lay in it when the time comes. It’s just Copenhagen tonight but If we lose to City and lose to Fulham after and he keeps playing his moments boys he got to go.
I agree 100% but a new manager better have the nuts to drop Bruno and Rashford if they keep up the “form” they are in. The way the British media would react to them being dropped would be like we had given Fred West the job.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Need to grow a set of balls. He’s meant to be a disciplined manager get keeps starting the same crap players out of form. Mount should have got the nod in the number 10 role to show us what he can do. The benefit of signing Mount was to allow us to rest/drop Bruno. That doesn’t seem to be happening. Or even drop Rashford and try Mount LW.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Need to grow a set of balls. He’s meant to be a disciplined manager get keeps starting the same crap players out of form. Mount should have got the nod in the number 10 role to show us what he can do. The benefit of signing Mount was to allow us to rest/drop Bruno. That doesn’t seem to be happening. Or even drop Rashford and try Mount LW.
Aye, I'm not even particularly fond of Mount but I'd be thinking this is the perfect opportunity to drop Bruno for him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Aye, I'm not even particularly fond of Mount but I'd be thinking this is the perfect opportunity to drop Bruno for him.
Ye you’d think he’d look at his bench from the previous game and see someone who deserves another chance to impress whilst dropping an out of form player. Rotation is key to keeping everyone motivated, I think that’s why we perform so badly on a weekly basis because the players have in their heads that they’ll keep starting even when performing poorly.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's fighting for his job, that's why Rashford and Bruno always start, that's why he rewards McT with starts. He quickly realised he can't replace the face of Manchester Rashford and captain Bruno, so he has to navigate carefully and "build" a team around them, until he can safely replace them. Had he persisted with a "philosophy" and we finished 10th last season, people will be demanding blood and he would've been sacked.
All those who now say things like - "I'd back him if he stuck to a style and dropped players" are lying. They would've screamed for his sacking as early as last January. Our fans are as bad as the board and owners it seems. A match made in hell.

DownRiver

I’m sick of teams coming to old Trafford and dominating. It’s actually disgusting how players that are 5x less of a price tag have more quality than our players. We have no system too.

MiracleInMadrid

I just can’t fathom how we continue to end up with players looking completely uninspired and locked in the same decisions over and over again.

Has happened under more or less every manager the last 10 years.

Obviously there’s a huge cultural problem within the club. And none of our managers since SAF has had the character to change anything. Most importantly though, there hasn’t been the right setup around and above the manager to seriously change things.

soapythecat

15 minutes and yet again - what’s the plan, where’s the passion, where’s the commitment? We stand off, let them play through the middle with ease.
This isn’t the players because every single player looks bereft of confidence.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
theres no point being rational in this thread, the solution from some fans here is that we should repeat what weve been doing for the last 10 years and sack the manager because that worked out so well last time....and the time before that....and the time before that.

I've stopped reading most posts here and just scroll down until I find a tweet. No point reading the same posts that you read the last time we had a manager under pressure. I'm just surprised fans that spout this nonsense dont realise they are actually part of this boom bust cycle.
We've gone through fewer managers in the last 10 years than the majority of our peer clubs. There's nothing inherently wrong with sacking a manager when it's not working out. Of course, it's not a silver bullet, and the club structure needs to be fixed before we can actually challenge for top trophies.

Shark

@NotShark
Lose this and he will be gone
He most certainly won't be going anywhere even if we lose. It'll take us lingering near the bottom of the table, which could be a possibility looking at our November fixtures. As much as I like ETH he's in trouble with us playing as we are.

KD6-3.7

He’s not seeing out the season, we are absolutely terrible. Ten Hag‘s inability to drop big names and keep starting underperforming players will be his down fall.

We need to win this game to have any chance of making it out of the group stage and there’s zero urgency about this game.

DeGea

What I don’t get is what happened between the middle of last season and now? We didn’t use to be this bad. I don’t get it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What I don’t get is what happened between the middle of last season and now? We didn’t use to be this bad. I don’t get it.
Rashford stopped scoring. Otherwise it's the same.

Jezpeza

Still cant see how injured defenders excuses our first choice front 4 creating jack shit game after game even against weak teams