Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a fantastic coach. You can see his ideas emanating from the team.

AndySmith1990

Preseason has been mostly very promising. You can see what a huge difference coaching makes to a team. Obviously we're still lacking quality throughout the squad, but the general play is a hell of a lot better

Malone_Post

The state of the squad he’s got to work with is just horrific. The fact he’s getting a tune out of them and actually has them playing some sort of progressive football is impressive. Once again though a manager is being let down by those above him who are unable to bring in the quality of players needed.

While the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, Mctominey, Fred, Elanga etc etc are making up the majority of the first team squad he has no chance of achieving anything meaningful. Without significant signings we just don’t have the quality to get Top 4, never mind anything else. It’s 2022 and McFred are still our first choice midfield and Martial & Rashford part of our first choice attack. It’s scandalous.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Yagami

Good post resistant
He knows how important players who can keep the ball under pressure are. The majority of these players will be gone within the upcoming seasons.

AndersB

Every time I watch Kondogbia, he looks world class-esque. Does he stink it out in the league or something?

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
The state of the squad he’s got to work with is just horrific. The fact he’s getting a tune out of them and actually has them playing some sort of progressive football is impressive. Once again though a manager is being let down by those above him who are unable to bring in the quality of players needed.

While the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, Mctominey, Fred, Elanga etc etc are making up the majority of the first team squad he has no chance of achieving anything meaningful. Without significant signings we just don’t have the quality to get Top 4, never mind anything else. It’s 2022 and McFred are still our first choice midfield and Martial & Rashford part of our first choice attack. It’s scandalous.
I agree. Barring any late transfer window miracles, top 6 is solid with this group of players.

Kag

Pretty much. As it stands, I see nothing other than a bloke who is being hung out to dry by the club. Sadly predictable, too.

Idxomer

The squad is still terrible unfortunately and most of the first team is ill-suited for the football he wants to play.

cyberman

Good performance today, he has us pressing really well as a unit. Should really have gotten at least a draw with Maguires header but it is what it is.

SER19

Set up to fail. Anybody still pretending otherwise is truly deluded.

JeffFromHK

The problem is in our players. He has been doing great tactically (as evident by us controlling the match and have great in-game shape), he was let down by our players' poor technicality and movements.

you can't coach through Fernandes' first touch or Elanga's lack of flair or Rashford's U17 style of play.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We have played 3 more preseason games than Madrid yet they look just as fit as us.
I dont think they did. They kept giving away fouls because they couldn't be arsed to track back and made 9 changes for the final 30 minutes.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has absolutely no chance with this squad.

Dalot,Maguire,Lindelof,Fred,Rashford,Martial etc will let you down over and over.

SER19

The problem is in our players. He has been doing great tactically (as evident by us controlling the match and have great in-game shape), he was let down by our players' poor technicality and movements.

you can't coach through Fernandes' first touch or Elanga's lack of flair or Rashford's U17 style of play.
You can watch pretty much any game from Fergusons entire era and almost every player will be technically better and quicker on ball and decisions than these players. Even 'squad players'. They're good players, but not top level ones.

I've no idea where all the rage v glazers and how we're run has dissolved to, we are being absolutely fleeced

The_Midfielder

We need a few players.. One- two up top. And one Rw . 1 midfielder and. a rb before the window closes..
I can see Malacia taking Shaws spot

MetoTTT

The guy wasn't backed in his 1st season and didn't get the players (ins and outs) for the Pre season to work with it and see what happens. Another mess by the club.

Mcking

If he is going to fail, hope it won't be because of stupid set-ups and indulging the wrong footballers.

OpenIntrovert

Set up to fail. Anybody still pretending otherwise is truly deluded.
Wow, what a reaction based on pre-season. The key thing is that the players are pressing well, passing into channels very quickly and their overall match fitness is quite good. In terms of mistakes, ETH has a better insight on where the players stand so he knows how to improve their decision making and which positions to play the players in.

Zoo

Needs more support in the market now. Depth in the forwards is poor.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Good luck Erik. You're gunna need it lad.

Anustart89

We have played 3 more preseason games than Madrid yet they look just as fit as us.
Considering that Atlético are one of the fitter sides in Europe and we were as unfit as any team in Europe last season it's not surprising. It's not as if everyone starts on zero once the season resets. Base fitness levels carry over from season to season if the players are somewhat disciplined.

Volksie316

For all the improvements he has made, the current group of players are not enough. Our midfield and attack, is well below par and will nowhere near be good enough for Top 4 this season.

No other top club would operate this way.

Kag

Wow, what a reaction based on pre-season. The key thing is that the players are pressing well, passing into channels very quickly and their overall match fitness is quite good. In terms of mistakes, ETH has a better insight on where the players stand so he knows how to improve their decision making and which positions to play the players in.
The players at his disposal are not good enough. The idea that these reactions are based on pre season is ludicrous. It’s been obvious for months.

SER19

It's not based on pre season. Its based on seeing most of these players countless times. It was clear in April how many signings were needed and remains clear now

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How? We completely dominated them for 60 minutes until they brought in a whole new team. And it was pretty much just even from that point on.
We barely created a single chance in our 60 minutes “domination”. That’s not good. They created a few decent chances (and scored) as soon as they brought on their best players. Also not good.

I’ve been pretty pessimistic about our chances this season for a while now. Today’s performance really just endorses my misgivings. Our squad is paper thin and not particularly great even when everyone is available for selection. There’s no way this ends well without at least two more genuinely top class additions. ETH is a very good manager but he’s not a magician.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Ten Hag already doing a brilliant job, imo. The players are clearly starting to get the system - and it will take time. The most glaring issue is the lack of options he has in the squad though, especially up front and in center mid. Elanga looked off it today and with Ronaldo absent we cannot go into the season with Pellistri as our sub. Obviously Sancho will be back but we're still light. We need at least one maybe two forwards before the window closes.

Phil Osophy

It's been a positive pre-season overall coming from the shitshow of last season. The man needs materials to build his thing but it's apparent what he wants to achieve. I have plenty of time for the man.

fallengt

Send Rashford, Elanga, DVB to Netherland. Get Anthony and another striker in
I don't think ETH did much wrong tactically but the lack of quality upfront is showing.
ATM scored their half chance, we couldn't even hit target with clear cutchances we got.

AndySmith1990

Don't think he has a good enough squad to achieve the goal of 4th. Not enough strength in depth. Even if we're lucky with injuries the best XI will be knackered later in the season if we don't rotate. Desperately need to bring in a CM, RW and ST

Teja

We barely created a single chance in our 60 minutes “domination”. That’s not good. They created a few decent chances (and scored) as soon as they brought on their best players. Also not good.

I’ve been pretty pessimistic about our chances this season for a while now. Today’s performance really just endorses my misgivings. Our squad is paper thin and not particularly great even when everyone is available for selection. There’s no way this ends well without at least two more genuinely top class additions. ETH is a very good manager but he’s not a magician.
Yeah you don't see the City style cut back after cut back with this side. I dunno how Ajax normally score, but the attack seems to depend a lot more on flair (quick one twos, killer passes etc.) than just a methodical, isolate fullback 1v1, make that run from the half space, play that pass, cutback into the 6 yd box.

jesperjaap

Every time I watch Kondogbia, he looks world class-esque. Does he stink it out in the league or something?
He is a huge talent ahs been for years, his concentration and consistency however would make him very much a classic signing for us in terms of what we have signed over the last decade

Teja

Don't think he has a good enough squad to achieve the goal of 4th. Not enough strength in depth. Even if we're lucky with injuries the best XI will be knackered later in the season if we don't rotate. Desperately need to bring in a CM, RW and ST
Yeah agree on the position list. I still think FdJ will come in at CM. We definitely need a RW player. I think between Ronaldo / Martial, we got the striker position covered for a year.