Erik ten Hag's open letter to United supporters

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He just gets it.

Said it a million times now, but this man has galvanised an extremely fractured club. The togetherness he has instilled between the players, fans and staff is absolutely incredible. His work on the pitch is amazing, but his work off of it, needs to be lauded too.

We've had other post-Fergie managers speak a whole lot of bluff and hot air, but this man walks the walk.
Yes. And while it has been said before, what this guy has achieved in such a short period of time is exceptional.
The whole club was crying out for someone who was prepared to do those necessary things like discipline and togetherness and setting the highest standards for everyone about everything. He is absolutely an elite coach.

Just watch him on the touchline. His concentration is total. Never missing anything.
And he seems to be able to get his points across to the players with little or no fuss.
And they listen intently and will run through a brick wall for him because they now trust him implicitly.
That is what an elite coach is able to do.
And at last we have one.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Beautiful.
Thank you for coming here and fixing this club.
We're with you all the way.

ShinjiNinja26

Unbelievable manager. How he’s completely transformed this club in such a short space of time considering we were at rock bottom last season is nothing short of incredible. So long as the club continue to back him then this could be the start of something very special.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What a man. I was quite critical of him in his early days and boy do I regret that now. He's the perfect human being.

El Zoido

It was really nice seeing this email pop up on my phone. Felt like the man himself was sending me a personal letter.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He just gets it.

Said it a million times now, but this man has galvanised an extremely fractured club. The togetherness he has instilled between the players, fans and staff is absolutely incredible. His work on the pitch is amazing, but his work off of it, needs to be lauded too.

We've had other post-Fergie managers speak a whole lot of bluff and hot air, but this man walks the walk.
Honestly couldn't love this man more :drool:

Absolutely incredible. It's almost made all the post-SAF pain worthwhile, waiting for this guy!

I shudder to think where we'd be if we didn't appoint him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just read this on the app.. am feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.... :)

hobbers

How many other managers would bother writing a nice sincere letter like that immediately after winning a trophy.

Unless he had it pre prepared with a similar letter if we lost

BigRon1985

I've got to hand it to Ten Hag - I wanted Conte and I'm glad to be proved wrong. After his first 2 games I thought here we go again, but the way he's turned things round in such a short time is amazing. He's improved every single player and his buys have been inspired. Ok it's only the Carabao Cup, but it's a start and it's silverware which has been sadly missing from the trophy cabinet - bring it on! :D

dove

He made the fans fall in love again with the club
He did, I was one of those people who was beginning to lose hope, everything looked very doom and gloom at this point a year ago and I thought that naturally we will follow that trend by appointing Poch so props to whoever went for ETH, it's quite clearly the best decision this club has made in nearly a decade. He is the perfect man to take us back where we belong and you can see it in him that he genuinely loves being here. That combined with his coaching and management skills, we cannot ask for anything more really.

Steven7290

The pessimist in me thinks there will be further challenges in the future on our next step. It is imperative for the fan base to recognize this is the man that deserves all our support and backing through good times as well as bad. Dont turn your back on him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Absolutely love this man, he just gets united and everything the club means.

We need an rvn

Fantastic way to show his appreciation to the fans and a glimpse into the mindset of the guy about standards and goals - absolutely have no doubt he would have said this and more to the players and look forward to the journey

Red Star One

The turnaround in moods is really impressive and only shows how fundamental it is to get the manager appointment right and how damaging it can be to keep unprepared people in the job in a hope that they perhaps become good one day. It's a moving letter and a brilliant decision by Ten Hag to publish it right after grabbing his first trophy. Before turning the TV on for yesterday's game I felt confident about the team and that we will leave everything on the pitch - it's so refreshing and so soothing after an extended period of dreading our games. Still a very long way to the top but ETH is clearly the right man for the job at this point - long may this atmosphere continue.

Flexdegea

Literally the first manager since SAF that has the entire fanbase united on loving and supporting him, without too much controversy or division among fans about him. I missed this feeling of unity so much.

Yeah that been the most frustrating part of the last 5 years. Fanbase just totally toxic.

The fact he managed to fix that problem quickly and uniting everyone club and fans, just shows he really is a genius

Milo2035

He will make the same impact here as a fellow countryman made to Barcelona decades ago.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Amazing, just incredible how things have turned around with him as our manager.
I'm almost in disbelief that we can be properly managed and organized after 10 years of fiasco and bad decisions. It's like a dream come true, hope it continues.
From the results, first trophy, the way we play and express ourselves on the pitch to the way he speaks to the media, the way he handles the players, everything is perfect. I have no words really to describe the joy of having a proper football manager at our club.

dalriada

He's incredibly astute - just look at the comments here and you see how much goodwill like a message to the supporters the day after the final buys him.
The League Cup is something we would have dismissed in the past as a worthless trophy (probably unfairly) but you can see what a difference it makes to everyone to be winning something again. For the new players it's a sign that they're going to win trophies here and for the longer serving players they can start to put the barren years behind them.

Above all, he makes you believe he wants trophies for the good of the club and the supporters, not just so that he can stick up more fingers when he's criticised (like the last manager who won a trophy here).

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He isn't at all afraid to back himself and acknowledge the pressures and importance of getting us back amongst the major trophies. I don't think even Jose was that bold whilst here.

In fact, is he the only manager to put his neck on the line like this since Fergie retired?

Everything about him screams long-term manager and true successor.