Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Classical Mechanic

Bild has been churning out regular and fairly consistent updates on the Haaland saga, as well as of course the leaked chartered flight. I think it's more that the "sources" from British journos seemed so convinced he'd join United that they didn't bother to pick it up.
Really? Not sure I’ve read any report here saying he was nailed on to join us.

binary bot
Not bothered after reading the rumoured fees and Raiola being involved

MrBest

20m is a good bit of business for them. I think he is overrated especially given his age and the 6 months he has playing football. Good luck to him. I am glad we can now focus on what we need, a right forward, number 10 and number 6! Greenwood should be our back up striker, would be happy for Manduzkic to come in for 6 months to cover as 3rd choice.

spiriticon

He seems like a good player but it's always good to dodge another Raiola timebomb

prateik

Step by step.. move makes sense. he should get plenty of games there.

We really need to focus on a right winger and a midfielder.

Canagel

Good. There's no room for him here

Last edited:

Johan07

Feck off BvB you cheap players buying, expensive players selling, black and yellow wearing, young talents hoarding, Bayern helping prickssss.

In 2 years He'll go to Bayern and They will win the league again.
Relax. Right choice for the player himself.
Whats your issue with Dortmund? They are one of the clubs in Europe that is and should be respected.

tob

It's a shame we didn't manage to lure him to us. Would have been nice to have a striker that likes to make runs behind the defense. Would have created more space for other players.

Caliban

Best club in the world at signing gems for peanuts and offloading them in £100m+ deals. If he does well at Dortmund he'll be off to Bayern within 2 or 3 seasons.
Says a lot about the German league, a good league for a player to grow before taking a further step up the ladder (if not as you say - Bayern comes knocking)

Johan07

Anyone who thought Haaland would come here considering what Keane put his family through are delusional.
Are we still peddling that myth? Haaland played the next game after the Keane assault.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Now this is over -

Buy Sancho to compete with Martial as a False 9.

Buy a left footed right winger/ forward to compete with Greenwood.

We should not be changing the formation.

Dr. StrangeHate

This does not look good for our and Ole attractiveness for players. If we can't convince someone to join us who was given his first chance by our current manager and moulded by him, who can we convince.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Dortmund paid 30M for Håland's sporting rights (20M release clause + 10M to his father) and a 15M commission fee to Raiola. Haland will earn 6M net salary for the first 2 years, with a wage rise to 8M yearly and a release clause starting with the third year of contract.

always_hoping

So all that hype and speculation came to nothing for United. Just knew that a poorly run club like United wouldn't get such a talented young player for such a bargain price. Knowing Woodward he'll put in 150 million bid in year or two for him.

kidbob

Promising that we seem to be focusing on the areas that we lack the most but the ability of our club to execute remains a big problem. Think Haaland will be good for Dortmund but not convinced he was a priority for us over the midfield and number 10.

mav_9me

Disappointed. Was very hopeful of getting a young talent for cheap for a change for us. Rather than us continuing to pay huge sums for more finished players like Pogba, Lukaku etc..

IrishRedDevil

Can’t understand why people are happy we didn’t sign him.
Because we don’t get invested in transfer speculation nonsense. And we are happy with Martial as our striker with Greenwood getting minutes as the backup. And we would rather sign a RW and midfielders/No 10.

Terminator

Massive L considering Ole was the one who gave him his first chance. We cant attract anyone anymore.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I could not think of a better move for him! This is the perfect club to further continue his development. I think was the better move over going to United. Huge move by Dortmund.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So all that hype and speculation came to nothing for United. Just knew that a poorly run club like United wouldn't get such a talented young player for such a bargain price. Knowing Woodward he'll put in 150 million bid in year or two for him.
Think he has just done what is best for him. He will get loads of starts at Dortmund. He won't stop there, nobody does.

Strelok

A bit disappointed tbh. What a bargain it could be.

Let's move on though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And we thought Ole has more pulling power than everyone else because he gave him a chance.