Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don’t think we have a chance to get him even though I would love him here, he probably looks at Chelsea buying all that talent and thinks it would be an easier ticket than United and I don’t blame him if he does.
Aren’t some acting like he’s the only talent worth buying? The reaction is way over the top here :lol:

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
No Real Madrid rebuild takes that long, Haaland once his release clause kicks in and Mbappe on a free both in 12 months time and you're looking at arguably the best attack in world football again and even if they're not challenging for the UCL they'll always challenge for La Liga as showed in the past two seasons when they've been garbage
No chance in hell PSG would allow Mbappe walk on a free next year. Either he signs an extension or they're going to sell him this summer.

Deery

Dreary
What talent? Werner? If Utd buy Sancho i would put our last few windows against theirs any day. Anybody signing Haaland would have the superior talent recrutiment anyway
Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Chilwell, Kovacic etc and they’ll only keep adding to their talent pool.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah. Playing with Rashford, Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood and Sancho...be a miracle he’d get more than 6 goals a season.
Do you ever see the amount of chances Chelsea create in a match?

Crying out for a proper finisher to put them away.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I mean , we have the no1 chance creator in the league in Bruno, we have Pogba, and seems to be getting Sancho which already has made him alot of goals...
Exactly. That'll give him more weight next year too.

Do I go and play with Sancho again, Ole a manager who has already done well with him etc.

Chelsea offer nothing more exciting than we do, if anything they know they HAVE to try and sign him this summer as next year the competition will be huge.

They're trying to do a hazard with their CL win, but I don't think it'll happen unless they over spend by a huge margin.

So the question is are the current CL holders a big enough club ?
The 4th placed club in England arent.

He has his pick of the very biggest clubs in Europe. Chelsea have to offer something very special to get him to reject them all.

Deery

Dreary
Yup. Like Brighton. They finished behind us too.
Are Brighton going out spending £200m plus a summer also or winning CL’s and adding to an already stacked roster.

I’d absolutely love Haaland here and think if the Glazers were serious about pleasing fans they should be trying to sign him, but it’s a hard sell for me.

Wilt

He has his pick of the very biggest clubs in Europe. Chelsea have to offer something very special to get him to reject them all.
Tbf, since Abramovich, they’re the most successful English club. Haaland wont be bothered about 4th place.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

A very petty point. He's going to look at Tuchel, the impact he made since coming, the wages Chelsea can offer, London as a city to live in, the fact that they are already Champions of Europe, the fact that they have an aggressive intent to get to the top and see very few reasons to say no.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No chance in hell PSG would allow Mbappe walk on a free next year. Either he signs an extension or they're going to sell him this summer.
Assume you haven't seen the president's comments then, he's said he won't sell Mbappe

Tony247

Real/barca pull is just more money nothing other than that. United have more pull than real/barca at present scenario. Because nowadays united can match any thing barca/real can offer.

Ronaldo signed for them because he wanted to play for them but how much he reduced his wage to join real. Yes real had big pull but only he increased his weekly wages tripled.

Hazard went to Madrid because childhood dream but only doubled his wages by joining real. Coutinho Suarez they all signed for them but wage doubled tripled. How can I view it money pull or real/barca pull.

Neymar ran away from barca to Psg and his wage doubled. Now he uses barca card to increase his wage further by signing new contract. Mbappe too will sign extention in my opinion once his wage demand met.

Is it Psg pull or money pull? Because Neymar ran away from barca the more than club. There is nothing but money not that real/barca pull nonsense.
It's a fair point actually. Money trumps everything else in career, that too when footballers' average career doesn't last more than 15-17 years.

But when multiple clubs match the salary demand then I think Real or Barca get upper hand in majority of the cases.

dinostar77

Take it you didnt see the quote from the PSG chairman from a few days ago then. Basically we arent selling Mbappe period. He also said they wont allow him to leave on a free, but he aint got a leg to stand on in that regards.

Wouldn't be beyond Perez to get Mbappe on a free next summer and also sign Haaland. God i hope that doesnt happen....

Oopps, others have mentioned the quote already. My bad. Didnt get to the bottom of the thread.

Anyway today a tabloid said Chelsea want him this summer.

RUCK4444

:lol: :houllier: What should his face look like then?
I know he can’t help it, it’s like in step brothers when that guy just cant help but want to punch Will Ferrel’s character in the face because it’s so annoying... only way I can describe it. :lol:

JuriM

If Chelsea wants him, they will get him, it's as easy. But it might come down to Erling himself, to rather play one more year at Dortmund.

cyberman

Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Chilwell, Kovacic etc and they’ll only keep adding to their talent pool.
Id have Havertz and Kovacic as success and Havertz only just. Its really not an impressive list.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Do you ever see the amount of chances Chelsea create in a match?

Crying out for a proper finisher to put them away.
Been saying this on here for ages. They aren’t even half chances, we literally miss from 5-6 yards. Mount was 3rd in the league for key passes or something. Would have made his assist tally go through the roof.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Id have Havertz and Kovacic as success and Havertz only just. Its really not an impressive list.
Who are United’s transfer successes? Bruno and Bissaka? it’s matter of fact, your business has been largely woeful so you can hardly criticize another club.

A very petty point. He's going to look at Tuchel, the impact he made since coming, the wages Chelsea can offer, London as a city to live in, the fact that they are already Champions of Europe, the fact that they have an aggressive intent to get to the top and see very few reasons to say no.
Have they ever beaten one of the big clubs to a player without massively outbidding them?

Money and everything else being equal, clubs like Madrid, Barcelona, us, always have an advantage because of the name, and in Haaland's case we are all interested.

Wal

Supports
Chelsea
I don't believe we will pay 150m for one player. On top of that, his big wages ( with raiola involved)... But to really have a chance at the premier league title when pep and klopp are still in the league we need this type of transfer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have they ever beaten one of the big clubs to a player without massively outbidding them?

Money and everything else being equal, clubs like Madrid, Barcelona, us, always have an advantage because of the name, and in Haaland's case we are all interested.
It's immaterial - if they are the only one showing financial flex, they will get him. We got Maguire because we were willing to pay £30m more than City. We got Pogba because we were willing to pay more than Real. Chelsea got Hazard because they offered a better package than we could. PSG got Moura over us because they did the same.

If you are the only ones putting a great deal on the table, and you have a big project backing you, big ambitions + a great squad in the best league.. as I said, Haaland has few reasons to refuse.

Statue of Limitations

So, when does he get here? Keen to have him settled by GW1.
Don't want him to be short of match rhythm and give him the best chance of hitting the ground running for us.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Assume you haven't seen the president's comments then, he's said he won't sell Mbappe
Summer has just began, the president can say whatever he wants. I just can't see them starting a new season with their best and most valuable player looking to walk on a free at the end. It's an absolute catastrophe from every possible viewpoint.

I don't know the inner workings of PSG but Mbappe comes out a bit classless in this situation. Say what you want about Paris, but they invested an absolute fortune in his transfer fee and wages. The least he could do is find a way to leave where they could recoup at least some of that money.

FatTails

I hate how deluded our fans can be. Chelsea can match us on fees and wages, and in the past 10 years, they’ve won 2 PL titles, 2 CLs, 2 FA cups, 2 Europa Leagues, and 1 league cup.

We’ve won in that period 1 PL title, 1 FA cup, 1 Europa league, and one league cup.

Additionally, we’ve finished outside the top 4 four times in the past 10 years, with Chelsea finishing outside the top four only 3 times.

Haaland is 20, so for half of his life, Chelsea have been the better team, and even going back his entire life, they’re up there with us on league titles and ahead of us in the cups.

Crimson King

I hate how deluded our fans can be. Chelsea can match us on fees and wages, and in the past 10 years, they’ve won 2 PL titles, 2 CLs, 2 FA cups, 2 Europa Leagues, and 1 league cup.

We’ve won in that period 1 PL title, 1 FA cup, 1 Europa league, and one league cup.

Additionally, we’ve finished outside the top 4 four times in the past 10 years, with Chelsea finishing outside the top four only 3 times.

Haaland is 20, so for half of his life, Chelsea have been the better team, and even going back his entire life, they’re up there with us on league titles and ahead of us in the cups.
I bet you're fun at parties.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Maguire, Cavani, and possibly Amad.
Between them and the chelsea boys the chelsea boys shits on them.

Amad? Come on. The boy hardly had 3 games
Cavani isnt a success, he's just what a functioning good striker should provide. We're stuck with martial so long anyone is deemed a succese.

Maguire is a very good defender, but he cost 80m.

Credit where credit is due.

DiMaria

We are still the bigger club. 4 times 3 times, half his life quarter of his life, no matter how way you put it, Manchester United are a bigger club than Chelsea. I would give them credit however that they are set up better than us in that they conclude their business much faster than our pathetic admin. So with some urgency we should definitely be more attractive than Chelsea. This being said though, and despite Haaland playing for our manager before, he’s not coming to us, and certainly not Chelsea either. Madrid or City unfortunately. When you factor in his dad being a city icon and having his knee busted by a United legend, I just don’t see him coming to us. And city are actually a better club than Chelsea now despite losing to them in that final, so in terms of football and everything he will probably go there or to Madrid, not Chelsea. Unless something bizarre happens.

theklr

Between them and the chelsea boys the chelsea boys shits on them.

Amad? Come on. The boy hardly had 3 games
Cavani isnt a success, he's just what a functioning good striker should provide. We're stuck with martial so long anyone is deemed a succese.

Maguire is a very good defender, but he cost 80m.

Credit where credit is due.
A G/A every 109 min and 16 goals for a free transfer isnt a success? what planet are you on ?

So what if Maguire was expensive ? That isnt a measure of transfer success, the actual output is. Havertz and Werner was also highly expensive and they hardly had any impact whatsover in PL. All they did was score some tap ins in CL that almost every other average 30/40 M attacker would.

We need an rvn

Not one to jump in on a debate but surely as Chelsea have won the CL with their current squad and they invest in Haaland and promise him a few more signings that means they'll be ok to sign for.

Really don't like the club but i wouldn't put us over them given we've won nothing in 4 years

With my red shades on and become a club legend for one of the biggest clubs in the world, sign for us as we're a sleeping giant, with my trophy head on, sign for real / bayern / city and clubs that are winning and not for owners who are milking the club

UTD_Since_1978

Maguire, Cavani, and possibly Amad.
Can't agree.

Maguire has been mostly awful.

Cavani only came good in the final quarter of the season, so that's 3 quarters when he barely made an impact.

And Amad has barely played for UTD, if in 2 years time he is a regular starter & doing the business on the field then yeah but not at this moment in time.

georgipep

Yeah it’s cause United generates clicks. The reality is that nothing is happening and journalists are producing clickbait with vague stories linking us to players. Then the fans get frustrated with the club over something they weren’t even involved in. I’m barely paying attention to it any more.
I'd go one further and say that the reality is that the media don't know what is happening but they still need the clicks so they make up headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.