ESPN: Rafa da Silva interview

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

UncleBob

Thanks for sharing.

Few posters saying LvG was right to sell him but he was the best Brazilian right back with a twin ever to play for this club.

He had his flaws, by all means, but he also had plenty of quality and understood what it meant to be at the club. Considering the dross we've brought in at right back, i reckon we'd have been better off if he stayed at the club.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Him and Anderson should've got lifetime contracts if only to brighten up fans lives throughout those dark times.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's been seven years [without a Premier League title]. We did some things wrong. We started signing expensive players and giving them a lot of money. I don't agree with that
We :drool:

Renegade

3rd best performer behind RVP and Carrick in Fergie’s last season. Injuries really did halt this guys development.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Talks so much sense regarding our transfer policy, sign Rafa as our DOF :D

Aint gota Kalou

Really liked him and his brother. Still seems strange that Fabio started a CL final for us.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
This is why I believe Ole has got us on the right direction. He is building a team with the right mentality, not a collection of highly paid individuals that the previous managers were doing.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
There was a couple of seasons when he was absolutely bossing that right flank. It wasn't quite TAA but he was bombing up and down all game whipping balls in. I didn't remember him always being injury prone but it started to really hamper him in his latter seasons. His defending never really improved much either in all his time here which started to stand out more when we became shite. Loved him but

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Lasting memory of him was getting sent off in a couple of crucial matches.

That might be wrong and unfair but that is what is in my head.

SAFMUTD

I still think we made a half time change between Fabio and Rafael without reporting it at least once.

United58

Lasting memory of him was getting sent off in a couple of crucial matches.

That might be wrong and unfair but that is what is in my head.
Here's a nice memory :drool:

I still think we made a half time change between Fabio and Rafael without reporting it at least once.
:lol: To be fair, that would have actually been really interesting. Both have very similar playstyles; tell each one to go all out for 45, burning all of their energy then using them as a 4th sub? Fergie always was a genius :devil:

He was great those first few years before injuries set in.

I think he might still be here if Vardy wasnt a cheat and Clattenburg could do his job properly.

RUCK4444

This is why I believe Ole has got us on the right direction. He is building a team with the right mentality, not a collection of highly paid individuals that the previous managers were doing.
This. One of the main reasons I’ve always backed Ole. You could see immediately that Ole resented the overpaid donkeys we had accumulated prior to his arrival.

I remember him talking about following us every season whilst at Cardiff and Molde and saying that he had been thinking exactly what he would be doing differently if he were in charge.

Now Ole is too classy to say it aloud but you just knew he was referring to the mentality and type of players we were signing had gone to absolute shite.

Sea-Cow

Love Rafael, he was great. Without injuries, he would have been a legend. I love that picture of him at Anfield where he is raging, by himself, against four of them. What a badass.

Fabio was also really good, just too bad they were both better at right-back.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
You could've said Rafael interview never heard of Rafa Da Silva

marktan

Top class in 12/13 when we won the league. Just a shame for a lot of players, like RVP, Zaha, Kagawa etc that they were signed / played well right before SAF left, and then the ensuring shit-show that followed, because if SAF was 20 years younger I think he would've built a good team with a lot of those players.

Skills

Snitch
If only we did, could've kept them fitter for longer. Play them a half each, and maybe they wouldn't have broken down as often

Web of Bissaka

Good points.

But I'll believe that once Ole settles the "Lingard issue". Great if he's back to his 2016-18 form and attitude, maybe that's asking too much.

Web of Bissaka

:D It was fun having the Da Silva twins.

Him remaining being bad at defending but so good! in attacking doesn't surprise me.

:lol:Like to do this in FIFA, Rafa stamina low, then Fabio your turn. Fun.

Real life match,
Wasn't there one game where the ref wrongly booked one of 'em for the foul the other made? pretty sure that happened.

eltigreFalcao

He and his brother debuted as professional footballers just over a month after their 18th birthday in a Manchester United shirt. They should be held as our own guys, that love and passion, truly mancunians