Eto’o joins Al Ittihad

$ukhjit

Eto’o joins Al Ittihad

Barcelona’s Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto'o has joined AFC Champions League champions Al Ittihad in a loan move.

Speaking at a press conference to announce his signing, Eto’o said: “I don’t play for the money alone. Happiness is my priority that's why I chose to play with Ittihad in the AFC Champions League."

Details of his contract have not been revealed.

Al Ittihad has also signed a contract with the player to open an ‘Ittihad and Eto'o Soccer Academy’ in Cameroon. “The Saudi club will benefit from the players that graduate from the academy,” said Al Ittihad President Mansoor Al-Balawi.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=5641

:eek:

heffa

Big cow?
TheRedFlag said:
What if he gets injured?
Bad luck i guess he is playing for them in the off-season in their attempt to boost ticket sales slightly and win in believe the AFC Champions League which is in the off-season. There was also talk of them loaning a host of the worlds best players including kaka.

Midfield

Red
$ukhjit said:
Eto’o joins Al Ittihad

Barcelona’s Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto'o has joined AFC Champions League champions Al Ittihad in a loan move.

Speaking at a press conference to announce his signing, Eto’o said: “I don’t play for the money alone. Happiness is my priority that's why I chose to play with Ittihad in the AFC Champions League."

Details of his contract have not been revealed.

Al Ittihad has also signed a contract with the player to open an ‘Ittihad and Eto'o Soccer Academy’ in Cameroon. “The Saudi club will benefit from the players that graduate from the academy,” said Al Ittihad President Mansoor Al-Balawi.

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=5641

:eek:
Typical asian clubs for making just a short-term loan deal, they have done it with several players like Boa Morte, Mijatovic, Romario before. Not a surprise for me.

heffa

Big cow?
I agree for what they are paying Eto'o for this short period they could of actually signed a player that could help them win games and tournaments for the next 10 years.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's quite sick and unfair rule that allows you to bring top players into the team in so late stage of tournament, but in all likelihood Al-Ittihad is the only contender to the title there.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What if eto'o breaks his leg while on loan....it's just bizarre

heffa

Big cow?
Abbsta said:
I can't believe this!

Al Ittihad out of all places :cool:
Not really as they have some rich football mad owner that is investing large amounts of money in them kind of like Abromovich but not quite as extravagent.

Abbsta

heffa said:
Not really as they have some rich football mad owner that is investing large amounts of money in them kind of like Abromovich but not quite as extravagent.
Great and about time.

Al Ittihad, in the past, always got a rough deal with comparison to Al Ahli.