Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Schneiderman

Triple England unsurprisingly being a major let down. That Stones one off the post early was particularly frustrating. Kane, Sterling and Lukaku out for Alba Mbappe and Bruno, big day tomorrow with 5 players in total.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Going to be 'fun' trying to guess who plays MD3. I've mostly got players with something to play for, but there are cases like Lukaku who feels like he'll probably either score 6 vs Finland or not play at all with nothing in between :lol:

Schneiderman

Going to be 'fun' trying to guess who plays MD3. I've mostly got players with something to play for, but there are cases like Lukaku who feels like he'll probably either score 6 vs Finland or not play at all with nothing in between :lol:
It's a nightmare, I'm going to have to wildcard into teams that have something to play for. Thinking KDB over Lukaku for Belgium since he needs the fitness so should start.

Then there's the Netherlands vs North Macedonia but they're pretty much guaranteed top already. Italy should go strong against Wales as that's still open?

DancingPanda

I'm using my limitless card next, and are staying with Malinovsky, the useless bastard, for a third time.

It's due, right? He looks so dangerous in every match despite the lack in points and penalty miss. And if a change to Yarmolenko at this point, Malinovskyi will probably score a hat trick.

Also triple England? Germany? And De Bruyne for sure.

Edit: Not sure why I am asking this to people I am basically competing with in the Cafe league.

Last edited:

sillwuka

It's a nightmare, I'm going to have to wildcard into teams that have something to play for. Thinking KDB over Lukaku for Belgium since he needs the fitness so should start.

Then there's the Netherlands vs North Macedonia but they're pretty much guaranteed top already. Italy should go strong against Wales as that's still open?
It's a tough one as it's a case of predicting which players will be rotated for the safer teams combining this with players who are nailed on for teams who have it all to play for.

I'm going for the wildcard.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

My final decision was Pogba+Dumfries or Sterling+Hernandez, went with the latter of course. What a waste not having 3 France players this round. Dechamps is a cnut.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I only subbed out 2 pointers, but that's annoying seeing Hernandez benched for this one and knowing i could have waited until 1pm for the lineup.
Didn't give it a second thought he might not start.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just 15mins in to realise the regret of taking Ronaldo out on the limitless!

Canuckred64

I hate this captain points. 9 days of football 9 different captains and only 1 Ronaldo has returned any worthwhile points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Add Gosens to the "Players i considered yet didn't select" locker.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When I picked my team I remembered the "always pick Ronaldo" rule, having only once not picked him, for that hatrick for Spain.

But Kane v Scotland, Mbappe v Hungard and Lukaku v Denmark all looked better options than him v Germany!

Have to laugh that all 3 blanked and he hauled.

Canuckred64

When I picked my team I remembered the "always pick Ronaldo" rule, having only once not picked him, for that hatrick for Spain.

But Kane v Scotland, Mbappe v Hungard and Lukaku v Denmark all looked better options than him v Germany!

Have to laugh that all 3 blanked and he hauled.
I dropped Ronaldo and have the other three who I captained. I am not laughing though

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Got Gosens in as my Castagne replacement after seeing him basically being played on the wing vs France. About the only thing I've got right this GW, though him and Ronaldo have stopped it being a total bust.

Paul_Scholes18

It is typical Ronaldo smash it. I did want him, but wanted Mbappe more. Mbappe had so many chances.
Kane was shit, but he was nailed for me as day 3 captain.

Trying to have one good captain per day fails since they all failed and I could have picked other strikers I wanted that scored.

Gosens I had already put in my gameweek 3 team on my wildcard. This makes everyone pick him though.
Thought he could be my differential.

sillwuka

It is typical Ronaldo smash it. I did want him, but wanted Mbappe more. Mbappe had so many chances.
Kane was shit, but he was nailed for me as day 3 captain.

Trying to have one good captain per day fails since they all failed and I could have picked other strikers I wanted that scored.

Gosens I had already put in my gameweek 3 team on my wildcard. This makes everyone pick him though.
Thought he could be my differential.
Ronaldo saved my poor captain choices this week. I could have chose Yarmolenko or Bale to Captain but I went with the wrong choice everyday.

My differential for week 3 is Embolo or Chiesa.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Preliminary wildcard team for MD3...

Buschan / Simon
Danielson / Wijndal / Emerson / Torres / Gozens
Hazard / Shaquiri / Chiesa / Yarmolenko / Gnabry
Malen / Moreno / Mbappe

Paul_Scholes18

Preliminary wildcard team for MD3...

Buschan / Simon
Danielson / Wijndal / Emerson / Torres / Gozens
Hazard / Shaquiri / Chiesa / Yarmolenko / Gnabry
Malen / Moreno / Mbappe
I have lost faith in Mbappe. Not sure he is worth the money. Malen risky may not start. Moreno I think probably will start.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I have lost faith in Mbappe. Not sure he is worth the money. Malen risky may not start. Moreno I think probably will start.
Yeah I'm not sure about Malen either. Surely the Dutch rotate a bit though?

I can see Mbappe doing better in a game where the opponent needs to come and play.

That said I've just realised I don't have a captain for the 3rd day so maybe Mbappe, Shaquiri, Buschan, Danielson to Rebic, De Bruyne, Olsen, Stones is the smarter play.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I'm not sure about Malen either. Surely the Dutch rotate a bit though?

I can see Mbappe doing better in a game where the opponent needs to come and play.

That said I've just realised I don't have a captain for the 3rd day so maybe Mbappe, Shaquiri, Buschan, Danielson to Rebic, De Bruyne, Olsen, Stones is the smarter play.
Portugal needs just a draw and France a draw. Could be a boring game. Germany a more open side.

Canuckred64

Assistance please (I had an asst but not very good)

I played my Limitless chip MD2, so does my squad revert to MD1 squad now?

What's positive of playing Wildcard and when? Anyone playing MD3?

How many subs after MD3?

Please :)
After the limitless your squad does revert back to macthday 1 squad

I am playing the wildcard now because some of teams will rest players if they have already qualified for the next round. Plus I built my matchday 1 team just for the first game, planed to use limitless in matchday 2 and the wildcard in matchday 3, so there are too nany holes in my orginal squad not to wildcard now.

Look at your Matchday 1 squad and figure how many of your team is likely to play, you may not need a wildcard.

As for subs after MD3, I assume you mean transfers, the subs remain the same as the previous rounds. You have unlimited transfers for the knockout round, 3 for the quarter final and semi and 5 for the final. All those transfers after MD3 made me use my chips early.

Ps. Hope you did better with the limitless than I did.