Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

sillwuka

Assistance please (I had an asst but not very good)

I played my Limitless chip MD2, so does my squad revert to MD1 squad now?

What's positive of playing Wildcard and when? Anyone playing MD3?

How many subs after MD3?

Please :)
If you feel you aren't happy with your squad after the 2 possible free transfers, go for the wildcard. That's what I've done.

There's going to be unpredictable rotation in alot of games so you could prioritise players from teams who still have something to play for.

Ananke

Torn between two Netherlands defenders (Dumfries + van aanholt). Or splitting between one of the above and a Belgian defender (vertonghen?) due to fear of them resting the above two by chance. Anyone got any thoughts on it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

podurban2

Debating whether I should use my wildcard, just worried that I will need more than three transfers going into the quarter-finals. Thoughts?

Paul_Scholes18

Depay vs Lukaku. Who got the best chance to play? I could go for safe Kane instead or Ronaldo, but not sure.

I think Depay can be deadly if he plays. Going KDB from Belgium so do not need Lukaku I think even if Lukaku is the superior pick.

sillwuka

Torn between two Netherlands defenders (Dumfries + van aanholt). Or splitting between one of the above and a Belgian defender (vertonghen?) due to fear of them resting the above two by chance. Anyone got any thoughts on it? :confused: :confused: :confused:
I've stayed clear from Holland defenders as I don't know what the manager will do. I originally put in Wijndal but PVA may still play ahead of him. Dumfries will go back into my squad for round of 16 though.

Paul_Scholes18

I am going Malen I think. 6 million. Decent chance to start and will 100% get minutes. Good fixture and good player.

Free up money to go heavy on Germany and KDB in midfield.

I know Depay probably start and hurt me, but if he do not I can gain ground like crazy.

sillwuka

I am going Malen I think. 6 million. Decent chance to start and will 100% get minutes. Good fixture and good player.

Free up money to go heavy on Germany and KDB in midfield.

I know Depay probably start and hurt me, but if he do not I can gain ground like crazy.
Nice differential pick

sillwuka

Anyone else waiting on the Italian line up before deciding on their last few picks?

Tempted by Belotti and let's see who Mancini starts from Bastoni, Acerbi or Di Lorenzo.

Paul_Scholes18

Nice differential pick
https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/de-boer-voert-twee-wijzigingen-door-voor-duel-met-noord-macedonie

So two changes. I guess I am not going Malen. Dumfries stay and Depay in.
If Depay and Dumfries are the ones getting a rest kill me haha.
I guess Blind is a guy they might rest. Maybe test klaaesen in midfield.
De Ligt may not be fully fit.

I feel if they only make two changes the stars stay and they make tactical rotation to rest out or rest players with injury issues.

sillwuka

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/de-boer-voert-twee-wijzigingen-door-voor-duel-met-noord-macedonie

I feel if they only make two changes the stars stay and they make tactical rotation to rest out or rest players with injury issues.
You'd be very unlucky if he rests those 2 :lol:

I guess you can take the risk. Hopefully you've got someone on the bench who could come in if it all goes tits up.

Paul_Scholes18

You'd be very unlucky if he rests those 2 :lol:

I guess you can take the risk. Hopefully you've got someone on the bench who could come in if it all goes tits up.
Yeah I think he will go strongest team pretty much. Thus the rotation is with players not nailed on and maybe rest injury prone defenders.

If he wanted to rest players only 2 would be stupid.

I have Meunier too and maybe should change him to Italy def?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Oh man, that's put the knockers on my Malen and Wijndal picks. Back to the drawing board.

Probably gonna take at least 3 players from the games kicking off today just to guarantee starters.

I guess I might triple on ze Germans as well and Martinez has said KDB, Hazard and Vermaelen will start although probably won't play 90.

Hopefully we get a cheap Italian defender although I have a feeling Wales will score.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
After the limitless your squad does revert back to macthday 1 squad

I am playing the wildcard now because some of teams will rest players if they have already qualified for the next round. Plus I built my matchday 1 team just for the first game, planed to use limitless in matchday 2 and the wildcard in matchday 3, so there are too nany holes in my orginal squad not to wildcard now.

Look at your Matchday 1 squad and figure how many of your team is likely to play, you may not need a wildcard.

As for subs after MD3, I assume you mean transfers, the subs remain the same as the previous rounds. You have unlimited transfers for the knockout round, 3 for the quarter final and semi and 5 for the final. All those transfers after MD3 made me use my chips early.

Ps. Hope you did better with the limitless than I did.
Thanks, very helpful.

Unlimited tfrs after third round of group games means wildcard may as well be used now (so 55 minutes to sort :) )

Did ok with Limitless but not as good as first MD and a budget cap... some things just fell into place MD1. In top 4k of the app.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Wildcard locked. Going with a few differential picks

Safonov / Simon
Dumfries / Meunier / Gosens / Torres / Toloi
KDB / Sabitzer / Chiesa / Havertz / Gnabry
Embolo / Yaramchuk / Rebic

Captains - Chiesa>KDB>Rebic>Gnabry

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Feel like Italy could be a trap here. 8 changes will definitely upset their flow a bit. Wales are also playing well.

Paul_Scholes18

Feel like Italy could be a trap here. 8 changes will definitely upset their flow a bit. Wales are also playing well.
Yeah still going to pick Belotti since I need a captain punt early days and there is not many good cheap forwards.

Paul_Scholes18

Should have cap Shaqiri. I pick the Italian caps, but they are not working. Italy def solid.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Should have cap Shaqiri. I pick the Italian caps, but they are not working. Italy def solid.
Same. Went for Belotti in the end who has looked lively tbf.

Toloi clean sheet and Shaqiri goal and clean sheet so far. Can't complain.

Schneiderman

Same. Went for Belotti in the end who has looked lively tbf.

Toloi clean sheet and Shaqiri goal and clean sheet so far. Can't complain.
I swear we all have the exact same teams. Did the same thing, no idea how Belotti hasn't scored though.

Paul_Scholes18

Not many pens this tournament really. It's pretty refreshing though after that VAR mess of a Premier League season we just had.
The pen guys I had got pens round 2 I guess haha.

Can't regret picking him. Meunier was a doubt and no other obvious 5.5.(picked Dumfries) Maybe Robertson as a punt or Maguire as a punt.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Went for Shaqiri and Malinovski to replace my Italian midfielders instead of just swapping in their replacements. Seems like a decent shout so far, though captaining Yilmaz on the basis that he finally had to fecking do something in the last chance saloon was a much less wise decicison. :lol:

Schneiderman

The pen guys I had got pens round 2 I guess haha.

Can't regret picking him. Meunier was a doubt and no other obvious 5.5. Maybe Robertson as a punt or Maguire as a punt.
Yeah was a sensible pick so you can't be too annoyed. Would have fancied them to keep the cleansheet and pen potential is logical. I just have Meunier bcos I didn't realise he was a doubt..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2 teams ahead of me in my work league, one had 2 non playing Italians, and the other had the keeper but Bonucci with a 1 pointer subbed at half time.
Lovely.
2 Italian cleanies helps the game week off to a nice start. Should have gambled on 3, but had Belotti who was a bust.