Euro 2024 Squads

AfonsoAlves

Would this team/squad (with Pope in goal and with the 7 players that will not make the final cut) get out of the:

Group A (Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland)
Group E (Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine)
Group F (Portugal, Turkey, Czechia, Georgia)

Depends how they are coached/current form

Pope
Chilwell
Colwill
Tomori
James
Barkley
Henderson
Elliot
Rashford
Stirling
Sancho

Gets out of Group A, maybe even winners dependent on which Germany shows up. They have been really inconsistent in the past few years. Last 20 games: 8W, 8L, 4D.

Gets out of Group B as 2nd, don't see them pipping Belgium. Possibility of coming 3rd dependent on how Ukraine are.

Group C, most likely 2nd, but Czech and Turkey can randomly show up in random games.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Depends how they are coached/current form

Pope
Chilwell
Colwill
Tomori
James
Barkley
Henderson
Elliot
Rashford
Stirling
Sancho

Gets out of Group A, maybe even winners dependent on which Germany shows up. They have been really inconsistent in the past few years. Last 20 games: 8W, 8L, 4D.

Gets out of Group B as 2nd, don't see them pipping Belgium. Possibility of coming 3rd dependent on how Ukraine are.

Group C, most likely 2nd, but Czech and Turkey can randomly show up in random games.
Yeah perhaps not the easiest group of players to manage (part of the reason some of them are out), but simply in terms of quality it’s a decent squad/team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They play France in the semis if all works out as it should - I don't think anyone 'should' beat France

Unless I've fecked the draw up - which is possible
I think Portugal would beat England, are they in opposite halves or could that be potential QF/SF match?

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
I like England's starting 11. Do not like their depth in midfield or defense. But the three lions have have the talent in attack to outscore anyone imo.

But I think the safest bet is still France. World class players at every level on the pitch except for keeper. But I think Maignan is good

saivet

I think Portugal would beat England, are they in opposite halves or could that be potential QF/SF match?
If both top their group, Portugal could only face England in the final. The same applies to Germany and Spain too.

If England top their group, the likely path for England is:

R16: 3rd place team
QF: Croatia/Italy
SF: France/Belgium
F: Germany/Portugal/Spain/Netherlands

Real Name

Possibly the last international competition for Luka Modrić, hopefully it will be a successful one.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
How many made it in the squad that won it 3 years ago? Must be the least amount ever for a defending champion.

onemanarmy

Belgium:

Decent selection. Good midfield and forwards, defense remains a big question. Very young selection bar couple of players.

NoPace

This squad really strikes fear into people's hearts. Mostly Dutch people's hearts.
I mean it sounds like Koeman is going to do crazy things, but on paper you can make a quality XI for winning a tournament:

--------------Striker-----------------
Gapko---Simons----Frimpong
----De Jong-Koopmeiners-
Ake-VDV-VanDijk-Dumfries
------------Keeper------------------

Big question marks at striker and keeper, but that is a defensively sound team. They should have just hired an Italian. They seem to do the best with quality CBs, a proper CM in De Jong and a quality worker in Koopmeiners, and then you figure out how to find some attacking threat from a bunch of wingbacks and meh strikers like Italy did at the last Euros with Spinazzola turning into Faccheti.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I mean it sounds like Koeman is going to do crazy things, but on paper you can make a quality XI for winning a tournament:

--------------Striker-----------------
Gapko---Simons----Frimpong
----De Jong-Koopmeiners-
Ake-VDV-VanDijk-Dumfries
------------Keeper------------------

Big question marks at striker and keeper, but that is a defensively sound team. They should have just hired an Italian. They seem to do the best with quality CBs, a proper CM in De Jong and a quality worker in Koopmeiners, and then you figure out how to find some attacking threat from a bunch of wingbacks and meh strikers like Italy did at the last Euros with Spinazzola turning into Faccheti.
Koeman doesn't have the balls to start Frimpong at RW. I wish he would. It will probably be Maalen, Gakpo, Bergwijn and the great Wout Weghorst as first attacking sub.

NoPace

Koeman doesn't have the balls to start Frimpong at RW. I wish he would. It will probably be Maalen, Gakpo, Bergwijn and the great Wout Weghorst as first attacking sub.
The thing is it's really a conservative move. He's still a wingback. It's kinda too bad Timber isn't healthy, because Timber tucking into midfield and Frimpong at RWB would have made a nice team in theory:

Gapko/Malen---Striker--------------------
------------Simons----Koopmeiners--------
---------De Jong---------Timber-----Frimpong
-----Ake--VanDerVen-VanDijk-------------------

That's a really nicely balanced team, and obviously Timber drops into the fullback spot when you lose the ball. Can Geertruida fill that role?

Mike Smalling

Denmark announced their squad today. Højlund and Eriksen obviously in.

I'm not very optimistic about this. We'd do well to get out of the group stage.

Lyng

Denmark announced their squad today. Højlund and Eriksen obviously in.

I'm not very optimistic about this. We'd do well to get out of the group stage.
Hjulmand is falling in to the good old Olsen trap of favouritism. Leaving out O'Riley is utter madness.

Mike Smalling

Hjulmand is falling in to the good old Olsen trap of favouritism. Leaving out O'Riley is utter madness.
We're looking at Højbjerg-Delaney-Eriksen midfield aren't we? I actually thought Hjulmand was smarter than this.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
surprised most of the teams aren’t just sending youth players to get experience, with football clearly coming home this summer no matter what they do.