Eurobasket 2022

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Who is your favorite?
  • Greece are the first team to qualify for the knockout stages. Giannis has been dominating so far.
  • Serbia have the NBA and Euroleague MVPs.
  • Slovenia are the defending champs. Doncic is balling but seems to be playing with an injured hand.
  • France and Spain are the traditional big favorites but don’t seem to be quite on the same level nowadays.

I just got my ticket for the final in Berlin. Anyone else going?

Last edited:

led_scholes

Greece and Serbia for me.
Officiating a bit underwhelming till now.

Croatia can go far too.

Dan_F

Greece and Serbia for me.
Officiating a bit underwhelming till now.

Croatia can go far too.
Slovenia beat Croatia and Serbia within the last month in World Cup Qualifiers. In fact, Slovenia know they can beat anyone in their half of the draw. They’re so reliant on Doncic though so we’ll see if that can be kept up for the whole tournament.

led_scholes

Slovenia beat Croatia and Serbia within the last month in World Cup Qualifiers. In fact, Slovenia know they can beat anyone in their half of the draw. They’re so reliant on Doncic though so we’ll see if that can be kept up for the whole tournament.
Oh absolutely. They are the last winners anyway. But it's what you said. A minor injury to Doncic and they are in trouble.

massi83

Croatia is going home after next game.

And Slovenia hasn't played against Serbia since the 2017 final, so you are mixing up something.

Dan_F

And Slovenia hasn't played against Serbia since the 2017 final, so you are mixing up something.
I’m trying really hard not to write something sarcastic.

massi83

I’m trying really hard not to write something sarcastic.

This is a friendly game, not wc qualifier. They are not in the same group.

I checked from google, it didn't show friendlies. Nobody cares about friendlies.

Btw Finland is the first and only team from Europe to qualify for the wc, beating both Croatia and Slovenia home and away!

Last edited:

Dan_F

This is a friendly game, not wc qualifier. They are not in the same group.

I checked from google, it didn't show friendlies. Nobody cares about friendlies.

Btw Finland is the first and only team from Europe to qualify for the wc, beating both Croatia and Slovenia home and away!
Sorry I did only just notice that I wrote it as if they were qualifiers for both games. There wasn’t much friendly about it as you’d expect, it was competitive.

massi83

Sorry I did only just notice that I wrote it as if they were qualifiers for both games. There wasn’t much friendly about it as you’d expect, it was competitive.
No worries.

massi83

Good entertainment in the first r16 game, but both doing their absolute best to lose the game.

izec

Watched a couple of games in Cologne last weekend.

For me, Slovenia will win. Doncic is the best player in the tournament.

ExoduS

It is hard to predict a winner as one game in basketball can be a tricky thing . Best team doesn't always win.

Serbia, Slovenia and Greece are the best teams. Serbia has Jokic and Micic. Slovenia has Doncic and Dragic (thank you Serbia), and Greece has Giannis.

I obviously want Serbia to win but the path is extremely difficult. Italy, France, Slovenia and then Greece. Hell of a path.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It is hard to predict a winner as one game in basketball can be a tricky thing . Best team doesn't always win.

Serbia, Slovenia and Greece are the best teams. Serbia has Jokic and Micic. Slovenia has Doncic and Dragic (thank you Serbia), and Greece has Gianni's.

I obviously want Serbia to win but the path is extremely difficult. Italy, France, Slovenia and then Greece. Hell of a path.
Why would you do that?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Do what? I think ' was put there by auto-correct. I know it is Giannis. Or you are upset that I am not using Giannis's last name? I can only copy/paste - Antetokounmpo.
Yeah, I meant the apostrophe. That’s some shit auto-correct then but I guess it’s not your fault

ExoduS

Yeah, I meant the apostrophe. That’s some shit auto-correct then but I guess it’s not your fault
Anyhow I didn't do it on purpose haha. But why are you upset? Is spelling of Giannis's name in that fashion disrespectful? People call him Greek Freak and I think that is a terrible nickname for such a great athlete and it seems great person as well.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Anyhow I didn't do it on purpose haha. But why are you upset? Is spelling of Giannis's name in that fashion disrespectful? People call him Greek Freak and I think that is a terrible nickname for such a great athlete and it seems great person as well.
I am not upset mate :D Just didn’t understand why you would put the apostrophe.

Donut

I don’t think we (Slovenia) will win it. Doncic can only do so much, the rest of the team is pretty average. Dragic needs to step up massively for us to have a chance.

Greece or Serbia for me.

ExoduS

I am not upset mate :D Just didn’t understand why you would put the apostrophe.
O ok. I misinterpreted it.

Croatia and Ukraine out. Everyone said D group is the weakest however if Serbia beats Italy then 3 out 8 teams in 1/4 finals will come from the weakest group - D. I would not count out Czechia either.

This Euro Basket has 4 mega, mega stars: Doncic, Giannis, Jokic and Markkanen. 43 points today in elimination game is insane.

massi83

Told you guys. Dirk Markkanen, clear MVP of the tournament so far, with 43 points.

Croatia missed free-throws on purpose in the last group game so they can play against Finland :lol: :lol:

ExoduS

Absolutely amazing game by Italy. This hurts, but what can you do. There will be another competition.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Today is coming up Italy big time. Miracle game to beat the Joker, world champions in volleyball(suck my hairy arse Lewandowski!!!) And juventus getting screwed by the refs having "won" in a disgusting undeserved smash and grab against salernitana

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Didn't noticed this topic. I thought I was basically the only one who cared about european basket, due to the Euroleague topic being pratically a monologue.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Quarterfinals are:

Spain - Finland

Greece - Germany

Slovenia - Poland

Italy - France

Are we getting Giannis vs Luka in the final?:drool:

massi83

Scariolo sounds a bit scared, which is a bad thing for Finland. I prefer when the opponents are over-confident. Boookies have it 70-30 to Spain, which seems fair.

massi83

Good fight. Squad players not up to it and too many turnovers. Scariolo is a good coach, other than that Spain has nothing going for them, guaranteed 4th. Needing an American PG to beat Finland is rather embarrassing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What the hell am I watching. Poland hitting everything. 54-31.

led_scholes

What a game. And almost one of the greatest comebacks in the Eurobasket history.

If Poland lost this game, the players probably wouldn't sleep for a week.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What a game. And almost one of the greatest comebacks in the Eurobasket history.

If Poland lost this game, the players probably wouldn't sleep for a week.
Well we were massive underdogs, even up by 23 it wouldn’t have been a huge shock to see Slovenia win. We were 12/1 to win that game before it started. Thought it was done after third quarter but we came back massively.

Probably one of the biggest upsets in Eurobasket history. Amazing.

Dan_F

Damn. I didn’t even watch the game as I’m massively busy this week and assumed it would be an easy win for Slovenia. What happened?

led_scholes

Well we were massive underdogs, even up by 23 it wouldn’t have been a huge shock to see Slovenia win. We were 12/1 to win that game before it started. Thought it was done after third quarter but we came back massively.

I think mentally it was far more difficult to overcome Slovenia in the last 10 minutes after losing the huge lead, rather than actually building that massive difference in the first half. It was a huge moment that they didn't let Slovenia keep up with the momentum. But the true huge comeback would have been in the last minute. Poland gave 6 seconds to Slovenia to equal. They almost threw everything away.

massi83

What a lazy, selfish, arrogant, disgusting performance by Doncic. Time for him to grow up and be professional on and off the court.

France with amazing luck in the tournament. Turkey and Italy gifted the win to them and now they get an absolutely terrible team (that Finland for example beat by 30 points) in the semis. There are at least 11 better teams than them, but this can happen with unlimited arrogance that Doncic showed today.

Also how does the ref miss the last foul? We can debate whether it was in the act of shooting or not but the foul itself is clear. Horrible refereeing throughout the tournament, not that it was the difference in this particular game.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Congratulaions for the amazing win. The predictios would be a confortable win for Slovenia that could even turn into a batter, but Poland had the right strategy,