Eurobasket 2022

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
What a lazy, selfish, arrogant, disgusting performance by Doncic. Time for him to grow up and be professional on and off the court.

France with amazing luck in the tournament. Turkey and Italy gifted the win to them and now they get an absolutely terrible team (that Finland for example beat by 30 points) in the semis. There are at least 11 better teams than them, but this can happen with unlimited arrogance that Doncic showed today.

Also how does the ref miss the last foul? We can debate whether it was in the act of shooting or not but the foul itself is clear. Horrible refereeing throughout the tournament, not that it was the difference in this particular game.
There are few good european basketball referees and usually the good ones are from countries with long traditions in basketball.
Disagree about Doncic: he played while injured and had to play using infiltration injections.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Damn. I didn’t even watch the game as I’m massively busy this week and assumed it would be an easy win for Slovenia. What happened?
Doncic was playing with an injury, refereeing was a bit lenient, but the main problem was that Slovenia defensive organization was not good in this match.
IMO They could had recovered and get a marginal win if the ref was more accurate, but Poland actually did a good game and deserved this surprising result.

massi83

There are few good european basketball referees and usually the good ones are from countries with long traditions in basketball.
Disagree about Doncic: he played while injured and had to play using infiltration injections.
He hurt his back after 15mins when Poland were leading by 14 already. Shooting 1/5 and 3 turnovers, couple of nice assists though. He was okayish on the second half taking the injury into account. But he has zero excuses for the first 15 minutes of selfishness and laziness that set the tone for the whole match. This is a totally different Slovenia team compared to 2017 which was a delight to watch and that is 100% on Luka.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He hurt his back after 15mins when Poland were leading by 14 already. Shooting 1/5 and 3 turnovers, couple of nice assists though. He was okayish on the second half taking the injury into account. But he has zero excuses for the first 15 minutes of selfishness and laziness that set the tone for the whole match. This is a totally different Slovenia team compared to 2017 which was a delight to watch and that is 100% on Luka.
The whole team crumbled and he didn't step up, as one would expect from a NBA top player. I do not think it was intentional, he just let himself got mentally affected by the overall team performance.

massi83

The whole team crumbled and he didn't step up, as one would expect from a NBA top player. I do not think it was intentional, he just let himself got mentally affected by the overall team performance.
I think the team was more affected by his effort than the other way round, but we probably won't be agreeing on it, and that's fine.

It is just frustrating that he could be even better if he got into proper shape like Jokic did. And put a bit more effort on defense.

And it is annoying we are robbed of a great semi and a bronze game with such a bad team in the semis.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think the team was more affected by his effort than the other way round, but we probably won't be agreeing on it, and that's fine.

It is just frustrating that he could be even better if he got into proper shape like Jokic did. And put a bit more effort on defense.

And it is annoying we are robbed of a great semi and a bronze game with such a bad team in the semis.
It could also be that reason, maybe I'm underrating the effect Doncic had on his squad. Players who start at a very young age in high competitive sports are more exposed to burnout/over-training issues. Let's hope that's not the case with Doncic, but it is such a common thing to happen that you can find several articles about it.

Yes, it will be underwhelming to see Poland being battered (no disrespect for Poland, but they are just in a different level) for neutrals. It will be good for poles, though

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
France teaching us a lesson here. :lol: We won’t even get to 50.

massi83

Just as pointless of a game eveybody knew it would be. Imagine losing 3 or 4 games with more than 25 points and getting to 4th.

Shows that it was only Slovenia being terrible that made this borefest happen.

massi83

Even Great Britain managed to score more in all of their games.

Donut

How the hell did we beat France and lost to Poland. A real tragedy.