Europa/Conference or outside?

peridigm

If City beat West Ham(very likely), we only need a point against palace to avoid the conference league correct?
Not looking good fellas.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is anything actually confident we beat Palace? Because I'm not.

Dan_F

West Ham still have to beat Brighton don’t forget, so it’s far from certain even if we lose to Palace.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Europa League win is still the highlight since Ferguson. It would be great to give the new manager a chance at bringing home major silverware in his first season.

Let’s hope Brighton can beat West Ham (yes, this is how far we have fallen)

SungSam7

This nonsense about not wanting to partake in the EL or EC needs to stop, the amount of entitlement is outrageous. We clearly are not good enough to be representing in the CL, that is why we are in this position.
The team needs as many competitive games as possible to get to where we want to be, you will not get that with a weekly game. It gives ETH chances to give youth games in high tense games to see if they are good enough. Will I be watching the EL or EC if we are in it? Yes, because at this stage, any trophy is a trophy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We need to be in the EL so we have an extra option of CL football in the event it goes tits up in the league again.
More likely to go tits up in the league if there’s a Thursday night distraction though.

ShinjiNinja26

If West Ham win their last game it means anything but a win for us and we’re heading for the Conference League. As if the season couldn’t get any worse, not only that but those scouse cnuts are still in with a shout for the title as well.

peridigm

Not if recent rumors of fighting and training being cut short are true. This squad is a bunch of misfits that don't give a shit where the season ends. They've checked out months ago.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Outside. No need for petty distractions. We need two good windows to get the squad in order. Hopefully the next summer window we can offer CL football.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
This nonsense about not wanting to partake in the EL or EC needs to stop, the amount of entitlement is outrageous. We clearly are not good enough to be representing in the CL, that is why we are in this position.
The team needs as many competitive games as possible to get to where we want to be, you will not get that with a weekly game. It gives ETH chances to give youth games in high tense games to see if they are good enough. Will I be watching the EL or EC if we are in it? Yes, because at this stage, any trophy is a trophy.
Especially galling reading it on the 31st anniversary of us last winning a 3rd Tier European Comp.

All trophies are welcome, if we can win one while blooding young players also then even better.

Dazzmondo

Falling into the Conference League on the last day of the season and then not even winning it next season would be so us right now

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Joking aside about how crap the Europa is, it's way better than the Conference, which is a tournament so pathetic even Tottenham were embarrassed to be in it.

Judas

Open to offers
We deserve to finish below West Ham and in the conference league, its utterly shite, but I feel its where we'll end up. These players don't give a feck about getting anything against Palace.

gorky_utd

Need to win now. It is impossible to fnish outside 7th so need to match west hams result.

Telsim

It has come to this then. We are not winning against Crystal Palace, that much is certain. Brighton destroyed us and now we have to hope they get something against West Ham. :houllier:

Baneofthegame

Both yes, if it’s conference it gives the kids some chance to play some games and Europa brings in some extra cash, so again wouldn’t mind our squad being rotated there either.

Longshanks

Much rather the europa, still a tournament the commands some respect. The conference league is a bit of a joke in all honesty just another uefa money making machine. Never used to mind the cup winners cup at least you had to actually achieve something to get into it.

One last game against Palace to put to end a wretched season, lets hope for one decent performance and result to at least help avoid the ignominy of the euopa conference league.

lsd

The Oracle

Not even a little. The only way we avoid the Conference is if Brighton stop West Ham.

I do have faith in Moyes bottlng things but none at all in us actually doing it ourselves

peridigm

We'll get Europa. We'll beat Palace.
I think we'll beat them as well. They play Everton Thursday who is still not safe by any means. That won't be a walk in the park for them with only two days rest.

flappyjay

Hopefully Europa, we get our recruitment right we should be favorites to win it. We haven't won anything in so long we can't be turning our noses up on any trophy.

Robertd0803

It has to be Europa out of the two options.

If we end up in the Conference then I dont want to see a single first teamer in the squad until the semis.

Stuoxford

As a United and Rangers fan, i find the attitude that playing in the Europa cup is demeaning, as insulting and wrong. The earlier rounds are horrible but the later stages are very competitive with amazing sides. Rangers’s players cost nothing and fight for the club. Man Utd players dont fight for the club.
I’m a united season ticket holder and i‘m going to renew for next year. It’s got to get better.

choccy77

As we all feared.... West Ham get a point against City, United fail to beat Palace and we end up 7th and Liverpool win league :( :( :( :(

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
ECL qualifiers aren’t as bad as some of us have made out actually. The PL starts on 6th August 2022, which is quite early because of the World Cup. The ECL qualifiers (Playoff Round) are not until 18th and 25th August. I think the extra games against some reasonable opposition would be good to get us drilled into ETH’s ethos.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
West Ham haven't beaten Brighton in nine, and the last six have been score draws. Some usually hapless centre forward at Brighton always scores a worldie or has their one good game a season against West Ham. It'll probably be Welbeck on Sunday.

As for the Conference League - it's an FA Cup standard competition. Most of the teams in it are the same standard or better than PL midtable and by the time of the semis this year it was Marseille, Roma, Feyenoord and Leicester. Some of those are better than the 3rd/4th seeds in the CL group stage.

It pays more money than either domestic cup and is another route to Europa. It's a good exercise in keeping squad players involved, committed and ready to step in rather than bickering, leaking, gossiping and dwelling on every poor performance. It's not got the same rewards as Europa, but it's on a par with the FA Cup and better than the League Cup, which earns you entry into the Conference.

Last edited:

Gordon S

Prefer EL but wouldn´t mind Conference tbh. Could be good opportunities to blood some of our younger players there and we could have a smaller senior squad focusing on the PL more instead.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
ECL qualifiers aren’t as bad as some of us have made out actually. The PL starts on 6th August 2022, which is quite early because of the World Cup. The ECL qualifiers (Playoff Round) are not until 18th and 25th August. I think the extra games against some reasonable opposition would be good to get us drilled into ETH’s ethos.
The 6th place team go straight into the group stage.