Europa League 2018/19 | The Noble Wulf Edition

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Don't underestimate SP. They put in an incredibly spirited performance to knock out Sevilla yesterday, and Sevilla have run this tournament for years :D Of course you're favourites, but still, they have proven capable of an upset.
Even if we nick a 1-1 away, or 1-0, I fancy us to do them at home with the away goal.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Frankfurt is who I am cheering all the way they are the fairytale club this season.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Don´t really get the thread title. Frankfurt/Benfica aren´t an easy route. Especially Frankfurt seem to be very underrated in Europe despite them beating the likes of OM, Lazio, Donezk and Inter.

nikineil

I'd bet my imaginary house on Jović scoring against his parent club.
Can he play against Benfica? I know there was precedence with Courtios against Chelsea a few years ago, but I thought that was with Chelsea giving them permission to do so.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If Frankfurt won the Europa league it would be magical for them and their team. They have all the momentum especially knowing they will never get this close in a very long time if not ever.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Enjoy the 2012 memories. It won't happen again.
even if it doesnt, we've still won it. And to say it wont happen again, is just wrong. Unless you know tomorrows lottery numbers, too?

And it was thoroughly enjoyable to see Torres round Valdes at the Nou camp. 2-2 from 2-0 down with 10 men. Magical night

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
even if it doesnt, we've still won it. And to say it wont happen again, is just wrong. Unless you know tomorrows lottery numbers, too?

And it was thoroughly enjoyable to see Torres round Valdes at the Nou camp. 2-2 from 2-0 down with 10 men. Magical night
Indeed. That run was quite magical!

Honest ly, i do not care about Europa League. But, I will be hugely disappointed if we do not win it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I know it's small-time but it would be hilarious if we could finish 6th, win this cup and cost Spurs a place in the Champions League (again).
That would require United finishing outside the top 4 and winning the CL, with Spurs finishing 4th. I'm down :devil:

Canagel

I'll be surprised if napoli doesn't win. easily the best team left but cup competitions are very unpredictable.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chelsea draws.:lol: Had enough of them in FA cup (this year they actually got a really hard tie in the 5th round and surprise surprise they don't make the final) and now in this competition they avoid Napoli, Arsenal or Valencia until the final.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'll be surprised if napoli doesn't win. easily the best team left but cup competitions are very unpredictable.
They're not easily the best at all.

Napoli would struggle to finish top four in the Premier League, they'd be on the same level as United, Chelsea, Arsenal and us.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Napoli would struggle to finish top four in the Premier League, they'd be on the same level as United, Chelsea, Arsenal and us.
You forgot the first rule of the Football Forum, you can't make a point without ridiculous hyperbole.

Canagel

I don't think so. it was very fine margins between PSG, Liverpool and Napoli. I'm sure most will agree the first two are a level above the other top 6 PL below them.

Last edited:

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
People have forgotten Arsenal is coached by Emery Unai- the King of Europa League. I wouldn't write Arsenal off at all.
He's more King of Cup games tbh, he's always done well in matches against bigger opponents showing how he's a master of in game tactical adjustments. He couldn't get PSG to play his way otherwise he would've done well with them as well.

GM K

He's more King of Cup games tbh, he's always done well in matches against bigger opponents showing how he's a master of in game tactical adjustments. He couldn't get PSG to play his way otherwise he would've done well with them as well.
That's correct.

BergkamptoOvermars

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal are the best team by far left in the competition.

If we produce balanced performances between attacking and defending we'll beat Napoli comfortably.

Chelsea are nothing without Hazard and lack team cohesion right now.