Europa League / Europa Conference League 2021/22

Charlie Foley

Had no idea Goetze was playing for PSV. What the hell happened to him? From World Cup hero, to Bayern Munich, and now he's playing Dutch football? Still only 29 too.
He wasn’t great at Bayern, but he went back to Dortmund he got some odd illness, can’t remember what, and I think that hampered him

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Had no idea Goetze was playing for PSV. What the hell happened to him? From World Cup hero, to Bayern Munich, and now he's playing Dutch football? Still only 29 too.
Reportedly he developed some kind of metabolic disorder that really made him struggle with his body. It looks like he has found his level at PSV and he seems to have fun again playing football, which is the most important thing now for him I think. It is sad that he didn't develop into the superstar we all hoped for, but that's life.

Kaos

I think he has some sort of medical condition to do with his metabolism which impacted him very heavily. He's not even really that special in the Dutch league either.
He wasn’t great at Bayern, but he went back to Dortmund he got some odd illness, can’t remember what, and I think that hampered him
Reportedly he developed some kind of metabolic disorder that really made him struggle with his body. It looks like he has found his level at PSV and he seems to have fun again playing football, which is the most important thing now for him I think. It is sad that he didn't develop into the superstar we all hoped for, but that's life.
Cheers lads.

Had no idea he had an illness. Glad to see he's enjoying his football again.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Such a strange decision, he's acting as if it hit his arm tucked against his body but it pretty clearly hit his wrist from the replays I saw, should have been a penalty for Atalanta IMO but I'm done trying to figure out what's a handball or not after this one.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he has some sort of medical condition to do with his metabolism which impacted him very heavily. He's not even really that special in the Dutch league either.
I was wondering how well he was doing, not a flop but decent?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Psv are playing well, but Leicester arent nearly as good as I thought they would be.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I was wondering how well he was doing, not a flop but decent?
Definitely not a flop. He's consistently good, but expectations where massive when he arrived. Psv's difference makers are Gakpo and Sangare and occassionally Madueke, Götze is less decisive.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Definitely not a flop. He's consistently good, but expectations where massive when he arrived. Psv's difference makers are Gakpo and Sangare and occassionally Madueke, Götze is less decisive.
I think there was some hope by all involved that he might return to his early top level. He also made some bold statements about wanting to win big titles and it sounded a lot like in the beginning PSV was just a stepping stone for him to get playing time before going back to a European giant. But it just looks like he doesn't have that in him anymore, and and the same time he looks quite settled and happy there now.

And I guess that's fine, sometimes it's just more important to be able to smile again than to win something.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think there was some hope by all involved that he might return to his early top level. He also made some bold statements about wanting to win big titles and it sounded a lot like in the beginning PSV was just a stepping stone for him to get playing time before going back to a European giant. But it just looks like he doesn't have that in him anymore, and and the same time he looks quite settled and happy there now.

And I guess that's fine, sometimes it's just more important to be able to smile again than to win something.
I also think the game evolved past his type of player, same as with Van der Vaart. He just lacks the strength and pace for a modern midfielder.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I'm a big fan of Lookman but putting him on for Barnes was an error, Perez in from the cold getting an assist.

What's the hold up there's no VAR?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Never that good to begin with.

30,000 Eintracht fans in Barcelona earlier today

Kaos

Hope this drags out to extra time with PSV winning it. It means they'll be tired for the cup final on Sunday, while keeping them in the competition keeps them distracted from keeping up in the league.

Sorry any PSV fans, I want ETH to end his Ajax stint on a winning high :)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha, if that guy had just stayed put, the ball would have bounced off him. :lol:

Zoo

That PSV miss earlier has now proven very costly.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What the feck is the bright green background with white writing on for the added time and agg score all about? fecking bizarre.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

30,000 Eintracht fans in Barcelona earlier today
More scenes from them:
(The awkwardly moving man in the suit is their club president)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Great for Leicester. It’d be impressive if Rodgers follows up an FA Cup with a European trophy.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Damn the Eintracht fans in the city and stadium are really impressive.

Does anyone know why the all wear white? Is it so resemble Real and scare Barca? :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In the end Leipzig proved a level above atalanta. Well deserved victory

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wow, penalty called against Barcelona in the third minute of the game, this is how you start an exciting game.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
How did you say "nou"

Nu?
Now?

Always heard it as nu, bt commentator calling it camp now and sounds weird af, like some American summer camp at the lake.