Europa League Round of 16 Draw | LASK - United

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
LASK are having a great season, but wouldn't say they are better than Brugge. Can't see them causing us that many problems if we take the games seriously and not feck around playing Lingard, Pereira etc.

CallyRed

Think I'll book my flights to austria nearer to the game, LASKminute.com

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This was my big hope for this draw, absolutely stoked. We should not assume it will be a casual walkover, but if we field a reasonable team this should be an uneven matchup

LASK have edged to the top of the Austrian Bundesliga now, but that is only because Salzburg sold Haaland and Takumi Minamino.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A lot of the heavy hitters drawn against each other and we get arguably the weakest team on paper? Get in.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I fail to see how Inter could be so determined to win this. They could still win Serie A (6 pts off top with game in hand) and they are more or less guaranteed to finish in the CL spots as they are well clear of 4th place Atalanta.

We could do with them staying in close contention for the Scudetto. That way they will surely take one eye off the Europa.
It's only English clubs that display snobbery towards the Europa League.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'm sure our scouts will be doing their job on LASK.

Woody is on his way to Lasakhstan as we speak

Yagami

Good post resistant
Shades of our previous EL campaign with the easyish draws. Let's hope we make the most of it like that year.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Considering we've(English clubs) have won 2 in the last 3 years, think again!
Yeah as a desperate route for Champions League football. Go back to when we won it and check out the negativity around it. I should have been more specific to be fair. I should have just said the English Top 6 clubs. Think again!

AshRK

They are not going to be push overs. They are top of the Austrian league and have beaten PSV, Sporting and knocking out AZ so far in the Europa. I still fancy us to go through. If you cannot even beat them then there are serious issues.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
All this looks great on paper. Another hard slog for Wolves, and two of Inter/Getafe/Sevilla/Roma gone.

It’s important to field a strong team away and get a few away goals and then we have the luxury of resting a few at home.

Lots of games coming up and some tough ones for the other favorites. We could be in an excellent position by the quarters now, and in much better condition physically than the other favorites.

Inigo Montoya

Yeah as a desperate route for Champions League football. Go back to when we won it and check out the negativity around it. I should have been more specific to be fair. I should have just said the English Top 6 clubs. Think again!
There's no snobbery then. If they try and win it, and win it, it's hardly snobbish.

I don't know what point you're trying to make...that English clubs have high expectations? The EL is beneath them somehow? The first is true, the second is bollocks

Okey

I hope we take them properly seriously though. Just seen they're top of their league, ahead of RB Salzburg. With a squad containing absolutely no one I know. Approach it properly and we should cruise through. With at least 3 of the better sides left getting knocked out. Here's hoping...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There's no snobbery then. If they try and win it, and win it, it's hardly snobbish.

I don't know what point you're trying to make...that English clubs have high expectations? The EL is beneath them somehow? The first is true, the second is bollocks
Yes the first is true but the second is certainly not BS, certainly regarding the top 6 (again I should have been even more specific, I should have said Top 6 club fans). I don't know where you've been the last 5 years?

Seven Seas Sardines

We get LASK while our hardest opponents play each other. Couldn't ask for a better draw!

Inter - Getafe
Sevilla - Roma
Olympiakos - Wolves
Rangers - Leverkusen
Frankfurt/Salzburg - Basel
:drool:

Now we just need Inter, Roma, Wolves, Leverkusen and Basel to go out, and Copenhagen/Istanbul in the quarters. :keano:

Jam

It's only English clubs that display snobbery towards the Europa League.
I’d argue it was only the classic “top four” that had snobbery towards it. And they were CL teams that either dropped down from the groups, or thought they’d secure Top 4 anyway.

We had the likes of Fulham and Middlesbrough gunning for it and reaching the final despite slogging through difficult league campaigns.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Nice to see Roma-Sevilla, Wolfsburg-Shakhtar and Inter-Getafe drawn against each other too!

Alexit

I think we can win this competition lads! Let's do this! :devil:

Inigo Montoya

Yes the first is true but the second is certainly not BS, certainly regarding the top 6 (again I should have been even more specific, I should have said Top 6 club fans). I don't know where you've been the last 5 years?
Look, English clubs have won 9 and Spain 11.

English clubs do take it seriously as Liverpool, Spurs,Chelsea and Utd have won it. If you're simply looking at recent history it's because those clubs have been competitively involved in the UCL.

I still don't see where the snobbishness lies? Pure conjecture on your part. Not a single statement of fact

izec

Valerien Ismael is their manager, interesting. Some should know him from his time at Bayern and Bremen.

Dve

I'm not too sure, Brugge have already beaten them twice this season, though it was very early on
That´s a good point. Still, pretty much in the same mold, I would think.

MoXoM

Fantastic draw!

Away first then second leg at home.

The fact that nobody knows who are opponents are makes it even better! :lol:

C'mon United! :devil:

izec

Lask, Copenhagen and Basel were the easiest draws for us. All close geographically and relatively easy. Plus their fans shouldn't be that crazy.

Glad we don't have to play at a remote place like Greece, Ukraine or Turkey.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
We should field our best possible starting eleven in the first tie (away).

It will be played on 12th of march and after that we play Spurs (away) on the 15th march.

If we can nick a couple of goals in the first tie we can rest a few players for the second tie at home on the 19th of march as we have Sheffield at home on the 21th of march.

Not to mention they have two of their top defenders ruled out of the squad in the first tie.