European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laughtersassassin

The UEFA president is lawyer too. So he should know what he is talking about.
I really can't understand why some support the SL? Yes the associations have been bad but doesn't mean we should take the side of the SL because the associations have been bad.

Some people don't like rocking the boat. They don't oppose the glazers , they don't oppose the SL they seem to just hate conflict

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's not a stupid argument at all. Watching Madrid and Barca play each other ten times a season will get boring very quickly. The whole allure around these games for most people aside from tge rivalries/players is the fact it's a luxury that doesn't come around often. It's to be savoured when it does.
10 times is an exaggeration. It would not really be that much different from the current Champions League.

cyberman

I don't think they will.

I agree with Carragher, I think you'd see those 6 clubs using the PL as a chance to rest and rotate.
Why will they not care about winning the league? City are always winning the Carabao cup ffs and theyre the richest team in world football

hobbers

The "people will get tired of watching Madrid and Barcelona" argument is stupid. I'd be happy to trade Burnley, West Brom, etc for the European elite teams. I have no problem with that aspect of it whatsoever.
It's the opposite of a stupid argument. It's fecking obvious to anyone with a shred of imagination who can project a couple of years into the future.

The SL has one winner, and nothing else. And the winning club gets a tiny bit more prize money than a team involved who lose every match. It's a glorified friendly competition.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Anyone taking any shots or posting false equivalence posts at the people who are trying to band together to stop this need to take a good hard long look at themselves.

Now is not the time for rivalries tribalism and whatever else.
Cheapshot oneliner artists the lot of them.

About as well timed as Gimli offering his Axe when you're only trying to turn left to get to the airport.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
:lol: Klopp agrees with every word of those twats in the studio, he just doesnt have the bottle to jeopardise his contract right now.
Definitely about the owners and greed. However, they haven’t even mentioned any alternative point other than AMERICANS BAD Y’ALL!! Why not look at how this has come to pass? It’s just total hysteria - they had their battle lines before they even knew what it sodding was.

Giggs86

How is us just being handed an invite and permanent residence in this Super league better than actually qualifying for it by winning matches?
Because Manchester United don't belong in the EL, we should play CL football every year. End of. Real Madrid and Barcelona would never let that happen to them. We shouldn't pay for our management's incompetence.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It's happening. And I welcome it. I'd rather watch United play in a top competition against Europe's best teams instead of watching Thursday night football, or worse, watching us celebrating top four finish only to get our asses handed to us time after time and watching the oil clubs battle for the title.

At least now the field will be level, we will be able to match the oil clubs financially.

I'm sure when the CL replaced the EC and when the PL replaced the FD there were a lot of unhappy people too. And listen to all those hypocrites on Sky now talking shit because their employer is going to lose money. Quickly forgot how they were wanking weak in weak out on City's oil football.
A top competition against Europe best... you do realise that currently there are only 6 other teams from Italy and Spain.

If you want to watch the best competition with Europe best, what is wrong with the CL?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's the opposite of a stupid argument. It's fecking obvious to anyone with a shred of imagination who can project a couple of years into the future.

The SL has one winner, and nothing else. And the winning club gets a tiny bit more prize money than a team involved who lose every match. It's a glorified friendly competition.
How much difference is it to the current Champions League? It's 80% the same teams every year now.

Foxbatt

:lol: Klopp agrees with every word of those twats in the studio, he just doesnt have the bottle to jeopardise his contract right now.
Exactly. None of the managers are going to say anything against the owners. I, for one would stop watching Manchester United if they go ahead and play in this Super League.
Yes there will be people who don't care about real football and follow it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Carragher was spot on the clubs, managers and players aren't to blame for this, just the parasite owners

Djemba-Djemba

Why will they not care about winning the league? City are always winning the Carabao cup ffs and theyre the richest team in world football
Because there's already the feeling the Glazers don't care about winning the title. They just want us good enough to make top 4.

We'll be in a situation where it doesn't matter where we finish in the PL with this Super League.

Dante

Average bang
Neville has an iPhone. But how come he's never come out and criticised Samsung? It's because he's in Tim Cook's pocket.

He's a hypocrite.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Applaud the fans and the model yes not the clubs they have nothing to do with this. Just watch some of the meetings between Hoeness and the fans to see that they also see them being in the way.
Sure. Just don't feel the need to make sure no one gets a pat on the back who doesn't deserve it. There's a bigger thing at stake here. The historical analysis can take its course after this is overcome.

Dobba

Giggs86

A top competition against Europe best... you do realise that currently there are only 6 other teams from Italy and Spain.

If you want to watch the best competition with Europe best, what is wrong with the CL?
That we are not in it, and 3/4 clubs that are still there bought their way in anyways.

Shark

@NotShark

I don't think these people in favor are really thinking about what this "competition" actually entails outside of more glamorous match ups. It's genuinely as shallow and lifeless as a football tournament can get from what we currently know.

redNATION

The courts follow the law made by governments that are voted by people that also are fans of clubs.
FIFA and uefa don’t need to outright ban or kick anyone out, they just have to be clever in how they set their own rules eg.

For players to play in the World Cup you must play for a team that only participates in fifa sanctioned competitions. The ESL is not sanctioned by fifa therefore you Man Utd players are not allowed to play in our World Cup. Simple, they’re not banning anyone, just setting some rules. Man Utd players are more than welcome at the World Cup, just leave the ESL and join us, fifa will say.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Managers, players, they all have to walk or this is actually going to happen.

Owners don't give a feck about us. Their employees can stop this in one go.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Because Manchester United don't belong in the EL, we should play CL football every year. End of. Real Madrid and Barcelona would never let that happen to them. We shouldn't pay for our management's incompetence.
Then fecking earn it. Because if you're not qualifying for the CL it means you're not good enough and don't deserve to be there.

Djemba-Djemba

What on earth are you on about?

That's the whole point of football. Nobody has a divine right to be in the CL, you have to win enough games to get there.

You have to earn it for feck sake.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will miss special European nights like this. :(

Nights like that are what footballs all about. Hell, not performing and not getting to take part in nights like this is in a way what football should be about. I remember back when it was Van Gaals last season and we scored a late ish winner against Watford at home when we were chasing the top four, the feeling was amazing and it was gutting when we didn't make it in the end. With these changes all that is gone, it takes the emotion out of the sport.

Judas

Open to offers
The "people will get tired of watching Madrid and Barcelona" argument is stupid. I'd be happy to trade Burnley, West Brom, etc for the European elite teams. I have no problem with that aspect of it whatsoever.
Why is it such a widely shared opinion if it's so stupid? It's really only logical.

This has the potential to be no more than a rich mans pre-season tournament for half the teams due to having to play games when they've literally nothing to play for because they're out of the "race" to advance to the knockout stages. I suppose local bragging rights against....Atletico Madrid?