Film Eurovision: The story of Fire Saga

Rudie

Mentary
Netflix film, absolutely hilarious and loved it although I had my reservations. Stars Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams who I thought were both great although not being a big fan of the former. McAdams did Regina proud.

A great alternative To Eurovision being missed this year.

evil_geko

Haven't watched this but I always loved Will Ferrell, even though he is universally disliked I believe.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
We enjoyed the hell out of it. It was also a pretty respectful pisstake of the real thing. :D

Does Pierce Brosnan have dual citizenship or something?

Edit: oh yeah, the way they go in so hard on American tourists was... Interesting :D

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Watched it today with the missus was a good laugh and exactly what you’d expect of a Eurovision sooof

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah I actually thought it was good fun. Took the piss but you can tell the guys who made it love Eurovision. Dan Stevens stole every scene he was in.

Bit too long though, a film like that doesn't need to be over 2 hours.

RORY65

I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan but I like Eurovision so I watched this. It's fine I suppose, I always like seeing Rachel McAdams and Dan Stevens steals the movie but it's far too long (should have been 90 minutes max) and parodying something which already knows it's a parody while also trying to take it seriously during the "song-a-long" scene doesn't really work.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah I actually thought it was good fun. Took the piss but you can tell the guys who made it love Eurovision. Dan Stevens stole every scene he was in.

He was born to play the part.

I can stop singing Jaja Ding Dong btw.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

If I remember correct, Will Farrell fell in love with Eurovision when he met his wife, who is a Swede and when she introduced him to the competition, that year, Sweden won it and he became a huge fan.

I think he also has writing and producing credits on this so it makes sense.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It was surprisingly good, despite taking some time to kick off. It's less of a piss-take of Eurovision than a hommage to its kitschness, and its extremely well cast overall. I agree it's a tad too long, and I feel it'll be extremely forgettable, but it's genuine enough to spend an enjoyable evening watching it.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Just finished watching it. Agreed that Dan Stevens killed it. I didn’t know who he was but my wife was saying he was in Downton Abbey.
It’s a silly movie as you’d expect but tbh I enjoyed it and I loved the scenery of that small fishing village in Iceland.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Just finished watching it. Agreed that Dan Stevens killed it. I didn’t know who he was but my wife was saying he was in Downton Abbey.
It’s a silly movie as you’d expect but tbh I enjoyed it and I loved the scenery of that small fishing village in Iceland.
He's also the lead in one of my favourite series Legion. Catch it if you can.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Will do. That is if I can get my wife away from watching Norwegian TV series. :eek: That's her latest thing.
Started out with Home Team (?) with John Carew and now she's onto some show about Vikings getting reborn/dropped into modern day Norway.
She'll be on this 'kick' for about 2-3 months, then onto something else. The Korean TV dramas are past, TG.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Genuinely I believe that Jaja Ding Dong is the best song in the world

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean he isn't wrong

I enjoyed the living feck out of this movie. Dan Stevens in particular was brilliant

Tiber

Can''t stand Eurovision, but my Mrs and I both enjoyed this movie.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It’s quite fun. However as a society we have definitely moved beyond the need for a middle aged Will Ferrell endlessly shouting at things. Whether it be parental authority figures, explosions, objects or patently inappropriate aged love interests. Would’ve rather watched a film about any of the other characters.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It’s quite fun. However as a society we have definitely moved beyond the need for a middle aged Will Ferrell endlessly shouting at things. Whether it be parental authority figures, explosions, objects or patently inappropriate aged love interests. Would’ve rather watched a film about any of the other characters.
I respect what you're saying but I'll never move beyond that need. I'm already looking forward to old man Will Ferrell shouting at things.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Finally watched this tonight - I basically had to since my mother is from Husavik but I really didn’t want to because of Will Ferrell. Surprisingly enjoyable; I mean it’s awful obviously, but enjoyable awful is all I ask :D

I agree it was too long really for something like this, but didn’t seem to drag for me too much - though that might’ve been down to me constantly trying to spot locations like my grandparents’ bakery or my uncle’s house in the background :lol:

Last edited:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Finally watched this tonight - I basically had to since my mother is from Husavik but I really didn’t want to because of Will Ferrell. Surprisingly enjoyable; I mean it’s awful obviously, but enjoyable awful is all I ask :D

I agree it was too long really for something like this, but didn’t seem to drag for me too much - though that might’ve been down to me constantly trying to spot locations like my grandparents’ bakery or my uncle’s house in the background :lol:
The Husavik song is fairly good too. It could get an Oscar for best song. The Swedish singer, that Rachel McAdams lip synched to, really hits those notes.