Ex United Manager David Moyes is "ready to go"

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is the second article in the press I have read in which he's interviewed saying how ready he is for the next challenge, how he's learned so much etc etc

I get the feeling no one is interested in him so he's trying his hand at advertising.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...all-after-my-Manchester-United-nightmare.html

There's this gem:

“I think I am better-equipped to take over a job like Manchester United now than even when I did take over because I’ve had a chance to see what happens, what goes on,” Moyes explained.

Perhaps he's hoping Van Gaal gets the sack?! :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In all seriousness, if Van Gaal did get the sack and this Ebola thing takes off like everyone says its going to, theres a good chance he could be the best candidate. We're a few years away from that yet and as Cina doesn't leave his house there's likely to be one person that stays relatively healthy and that'll always mean Moyes will be at best second choice.

Donut

He'll get the Newcastle job when Pardew is gone.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He'll get the Newcastle job when Pardew is gone.
I cant see him lowering his standards like that. He's holding out for a UCL job isn't he?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Sacking season is a month or two away in the Premeir league.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Heads will be rolling come December so he'll be back. Best of luck to him, not in games against us though.

the hea

He is a good PL manager and the Newcastle job would be about his level. He could make them a regular team in the Europa League if given the right backing from Ashley.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He seems similar to Joe Royle. Great at moving a mediocre club up but shit at the big ones.
He'd do well at somewhere like Sheffield United or Leeds.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is the second article in the press I have read in which he's interviewed saying how ready he is for the next challenge, how he's learned so much etc etc

I get the feeling no one is interested in him so he's trying his hand at advertising.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...all-after-my-Manchester-United-nightmare.html

There's this gem:

“I think I am better-equipped to take over a job like Manchester United now than even when I did take over because I’ve had a chance to see what happens, what goes on,” Moyes explained.

Perhaps he's hoping Van Gaal gets the sack?! :lol:
Rumors say that hes eyeing the Inter job. Vidic will be thrilled about it

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Is somebody able to post the article from the Telegraph? That'd be appreciated.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Rumors say that hes eyeing the Inter job. Vidic will be thrilled about it
:lol: No top club will touch him. He needs to prove himself at a midtable again.

MoskvaRed

I am used to reading puff pieces involving British managers but that takes the biscuit - it's just lacking a "Hello" type photo spread of David relaxing at his delightful Lancashire home.

hp88

I cant see him lowering his standards like that. He's holding out for a UCL job isn't he?
I can't see any one from last seasons top 7 giving him a job, his short spell at United has fecked up any chance of that happening.

Fener1907

Wasn't he in Istanbul earlier in the year for talks with Galatasaray. I'm glad for him that he didn't get that job. In my opinion, he wouldn't have been what they needed. After Mancini left them floundering, the desire for a quick turnaround means the fans would have been on his back very early on. In the event that they were willing to accept his style, the results are far from guaranteed in the Turkish league.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
The Schalke job was available before RDM took it wasn't it?

Cantonaaa!

Telegraph.co.uk
FOOTBALL

David Moyes exclusive: I am ready to return to football after my Manchester United nightmare

Ready to move on: David Moyes has learnt from Manchester United heartache and is ready to return to football management
Picture: REUTERS

By Jason Burt
11:00PM BST 11 Oct 2014

Former Man Utd manager has open mind on next managerial position but will wait for right job
David Moyes is ready to return to football and believes he is “better-equipped” as a manager after his turbulent spell atManchester United.

Moyes was sacked in April after less than 10 months in charge of United, having spent more than a decade establishing his reputation at Everton as one of the most sought-after British managers. But the Scot believes the next club to employ him will feel the benefit of what happened and is ready to make his comeback, possibly at a foreign club.

“I’m ready to go,” Moyes said in an exclusive interview with Telegraph Sport. “I’ve no time-scale. I’m enjoying the break but I’m a football man and I want to work. I feel my best years are ahead of me and I do feel I am still a young manager. I’ve lots to learn and lots I want to put into practice.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“I felt I was ready when I left Everton but obviously when you get in you see things and you realise that experience and knowledge you can only get from being in the job. But unfortunately I only got nine months.”

Moyes, 51, added that he is, nevertheless, in “no rush” to return to work and will wait for the right opportunity.

“Picking my next job is vitally important, I’m well aware of that,” he admitted. “I’ve an open mind as to what it will be and where it will be - if it’s in the Premier League or in the UK, that’s fine.

“But if it’s abroad then I’m okay with that. I have always been an advocate of players and coaches going abroad if that’s the right opportunity. It doesn’t happen, not enough anyway.

“You look at how well Terry Venables did in Spain and how well Bobby Robson did - they are up there with the great managers and both had periods working in Europe. One of the reasons why I wanted to be part of the League Managers Association was because I felt there were an awful lot of foreign coaches coming into these shores but we were not exporting enough British talent.

“It’s good that we have good managers like Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger in this country but I think we should be trying to send out some of our managers to other countries to help not just the development of themselves but the leagues over here. It can enhance their careers. So I’ve an open mind on where I go next.”

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope if he does get a prem job, we fecking destroy him each and every time we play him

Then laugh and point at him.

LR7

Wound me up when he came off with that. He needs to earn the right to manage a CL club by qualifying for it himself.
The only reason I want to see him get another job is because I still hold out hope that the first thing he will do is buy Fellaini.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He'll hold out for a Galatasaray/Schalke level CL job imo. I doubt he'll stay in Britain.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I hope if he does get a prem job, we fecking destroy him each and every time we play him

Then laugh and point at him.
That's not how it works sadly - if he returns to a Premier League club then there will be a sod's law element where he gets "revenge" on us to the delight of the British media. He might even manage a win at OT in doing so (whilst still choking at Anfield, Emirates, Chelsea, etc.) just to rub it in.

Not that I want to humiliate Moyes in any respect - I wish him well.