MONDAY
8 pm

Stockport vs West Ham

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'm pleased to see that Marine vs Spurs will be shown live on BBC 1 ... which I guess will help Marine's finances a fair bit.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm pleased to see that Marine vs Spurs will be shown live on BBC 1 ... which I guess will help Marine's finances a fair bit.
That tie is the biggest ever gap in league places between two teams in FA Cup history.

United58

That tie is the biggest ever gap in league places between two teams in FA Cup history.
Really? Wow, fair play to Marine; they won't have any fans at the match itself but I hope they enjoy the occasion regardless

90 + 5min

I don't want anyone to get injuries but Klopp playing that team against a Aston Villa is asking for it. With the lack of luck when it comes to injuries he should not be playing stars against U23 or U18 players. He is just asking for problems playing against some energy pumped young players that might fly into tackles. Liverpool should beat them but many, many goals even with there reserves.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't want anyone to get injuries but Klopp playing that team against a Aston Villa is asking for it. With the lack of luck when it comes to injuries he should not be playing stars against U23 or U18 players. He is just asking for problems playing against some energy pumped young players that might fly into tackles. Liverpool should beat them but many, many goals even with there reserves.
They don't have another game for a week and a half.

If their first team went two weeks without playing that would give United a huge match fitness advantage next week.

Giggsy13

Shocked and surprised that the dippers aren’t outraged that Villa are forced to play despite a COVID outbreak. Scousers are so well balanced and intelligent in their views that I expected a major backlash against the FA.

(What is the acceptable sarcasm font on the cafe?)

90 + 5min

They don't have another game for a week and a half.

If their first team went two weeks without playing that would give United a huge match fitness advantage next week.
It is not about fitness. It is about playing your best players when he don't need to. He did it once this season and Jota got injuried. He is playing with fire. Even Origi would have scored 4-5 goals here.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It is not about fitness. It is about playing your best players when he don't need to. He did it once this season and Jota got injuried. He is playing with fire. Even Origi would have scored 4-5 goals here.
Wasn't it the last group game Jota got injured? That was completely different because he was flogged in a dead end game in an already packed schedule.

This is one of the rare light periods of the season for them, they have free midweeks either side of this one.

el3mel

Really, Klopp, going full strength against such side Villa put on ? Does he just want to get one over them for the 7-2 ?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Ox Shaqiri and Trent should probably all be playing . Baffling team selection but ah well . Hope we beat the 12 yos up

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Really, Klopp, going full strength against such side Villa put on ? Does he just want to get one over them for the 7-2 ?
Even if he does, it won't count. It's not really Villa. Strange to see him go with such a strong team given he knew Villa were decimated. Very classy.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Mane and Salah? I just think of that line Dee says in Always Sunny; "Aww kid, they are gonna tear you apart out there. Oh sweet baby."

Maybe Klopp will call off the dogs when 4 or 5 up.

Paul_Scholes18

They are in poor form so he wants to win. Also sure he want Salah and Mane to find some form.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Wanted Shaqiri to play. Fabinho should've been rested as well. He's being overplayed currently.

90 + 5min

If I was Aston Villa manager. I would say to one player to take the ball from first second and go to the cornerflag with other players making a ring around. Against rules?

Seriously, I could see this game finish 10+ goals for Liverpool looking at teams.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Fabinho! :lol: It's madness. Our only fit defender and he's not even a defender. He should be the first name OFF that team sheet.
Klopp really is a piece of work. I don't want to ever hear him complaining about fatigue or injuries ever again.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Even if he does, it won't count. It's not really Villa. Strange to see him go with such a strong team given he knew Villa were decimated. Very classy.
No mercy. We want momentum not ridicule for another week. It’s not like they went easy is it when we forced into a situation that was out of our hands last season. We don’t owe villa nothing.

Neo_Mufc

Any reason why Villa didn't try and get the game postponed?

AshRK

No mercy. We want momentum not ridicule for another week. It’s not like they went easy is it when we forced into a situation that was out of our hands last season. We don’t owe villa nothing.
Fair enough but then it looks odd when your manager comes crying because of fatigue or injuries. Can't have both ways.

marktan

Not a single normal squad player in that Villa XI, that team Jürgen is putting out is ludicrousy.

Fabinho, Wjnaldum, Mane and Salah could all do with a break. SAF was a master of rotation, it feels like managers in Mourinho and Klopp don't know how to do it - they both end up with numerous injuries and Klopp in particular with the pressing runs his team's into the ground.

RashyForPM

Biggest FA Cup win in history is 26-0, a record set back in the 19th century. I’m not a betting man, but for those who are, I’d honestly advise you to put a pound on a score around that ballpark.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Biggest FA Cup win in history is 26-0, a record set back in the 19th century. I’m not a betting man, but for those who are, I’d honestly advise you to put a pound on a score around that ballpark.
Dunno. I think there will be a unwritten gentleman's agreement not to absolutely slaughter them. After 5 or 6 they'll take it easy.