FA Cup to be broadcast by TNT Sports from 2025/26

Castia

Here was it thinking it was 2024 and everyone has dodgy boxes / IPTV
They’re crap those boxes. Best case scenario it’s 2 minutes behind live so you need to lock away anything connected to social media whilst the game is on and then they’re forever cutting the streams. Complete waste of time in my experience for anything live

I found myself using it for movies before getting rid

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's shite, but the 2021/22 to 2023/24 seasons have been the anomalies, from 1988 until 2021 it was a combination of free-to-air and subscription channels. So it's not exactly a new thing.

Josh 76

Certainly not something that'll get more people into over paying for TNT's crap coverage. FA Cup just isn't that interesting.
The FA Cup weekend is like the international break. Boring as feck!

RedRocket9908

They are probably trying to get as much new stuff on their channels as possible to keep their subscribers, they are probably going to lose a load when WWE moves to Netflix in January.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I only realised that TNT/BT Sport no longer had the FA Cup rights today, when reading this thread about them re-acquiring them.

CallyRed

Twats on twitter keep banging on about how there still will be free to air games on TV and even more of them. Point is, it's currently 100% free to air.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Certainly not something that'll get more people into over paying for TNT's crap coverage. FA Cup just isn't that interesting.
The Fa Cup is amazing.

The issue is, like most things with football now, people in positions of power constantly messing with it to make a bit more money.

black country red

can’t understand some people’s disdain for the fa cup some of my favourite moments as a united fan fan have been fa cup related far more exciting than the overblown so called champions league

Pronewbie

Peep
can’t understand some people’s disdain for the fa cup some of my favourite moments as a united fan fan have been fa cup related far more exciting than the overblown so called champions league
I know this is going to be an unpopular take but since the late 2000s I prefer League Cup nights over FA Cup matches. There's less bloat and players tend to play their hearts out - especially those on the fringes. Managers also tend to play a more expansive, open game of football.