FA Youth Cup 2017

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Good thing about this no one of these players will ever play any role at either team in the future..
I think you're wrong, Foden and Brahim will play for City, whether they have a long career there is impossible to say, possibly Sancho will play too. Some of the others you just can't tell

khoazany

Funny but I'm delighted, seems he may intend to give us more than 3 years. A lot of these lads look good enough to play championship football already.
I think you underestimated many factors. Chelsea's Jay Da Silva had been rocking on this tournament for years and couldn't get a sniff at Charton until April and they're a League One team.

arthurka

Brahim has a chance. He's insanely talented.
I think you're wrong, Foden and Brahim will play for City, whether they have a long career there is impossible to say, possibly Sancho will play too. Some of the others you just can't tell
Ok could be I don´t know well enough to say..
This was more based on how they have been treating their talents up to this point.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Ok could be I don´t know well enough to say..
This was more based on how they have been treating their talents up to this point.
City had players come through before they got the cash and built the new academy, now the players need to be at a far higher level than the likes of Micah, Ireland and you can probably throw the likes of Ben Mee and Keiron Trippier in there too had to be to get into the squad, the batch that are now around 16-18 will get more chances as they're better and have been recruited from further afield and with the likes of Sancho they've also paid a pretty penny for the potential.

I reckon Aleix Garcia will get a few more chances next season and would probably expect to see Maffeo probably given the odd chance if we get rid off the full backs, he's done well in the Segunda apparently

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's no chance that any top 6 will give a chance to their academy youngsters next season. For managers like Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola etc the pressure will be high to fight and deliver the PL team. Sadly, doesn't leave the scope for bringing in youngsters. I expected Pep to be much better in that regards but seeing the likes of Tosin, Maffew, Kelechi getting very less chances makes me feel that next season, with more recruitment and stronger squads, it's unlikely that young talents from academy will get a chance.

arthurka

City had players come through before they got the cash and built the new academy, now the players need to be at a far higher level than the likes of Micah, Ireland and you can probably throw the likes of Ben Mee and Keiron Trippier in there too had to be to get into the squad, the batch that are now around 16-18 will get more chances as they're better and have been recruited from further afield and with the likes of Sancho they've also paid a pretty penny for the potential.

I reckon Aleix Garcia will get a few more chances next season and would probably expect to see Maffeo probably given the odd chance if we get rid off the full backs, he's done well in the Segunda apparently

That´s good to hear but I will believe it when I see it..
Just find it strange if this is the case how little Iheanacho has been playing.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
There's no chance that any top 6 will give a chance to their academy youngsters next season. For managers like Mourinho, Conte, Guardiola etc the pressure will be high to fight and deliver the PL team. Sadly, doesn't leave the scope for bringing in youngsters. I expected Pep to be much better in that regards but seeing the likes of Tosin, Maffew, Kelechi getting very less chances makes me feel that next season, with more recruitment and stronger squads, it's unlikely that young talents from academy will get a chance.
Not true, at least as far as Spurs is concerned.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Depends, I mean academy youngster might be the player who was loaned for ever and he is in his 20s or teenager.

I don't think any teenager will be playing regularly for top 6 sides.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yeah Spurs can be an exception but even then apart from Harry Winks, how many homegrown teenage players do you expect make to an impact next season?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Yeah Spurs can be an exception but even then apart from Harry Winks, how many homegrown teenage players do you expect make to an impact next season?
Even Winks is 21.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'd expect Cameron Carter-Vickers (CB) to have more chances to play - he's already in the first team squad - and for Marcus Edwards to be brought into the first team squad. Whether either will have an impact next season is another question - depends in part on how much playing time they get I suppose, tho I'd expect them to at least feature in League Cup games.

ferguson2

It's sad to see because I think there are some talents around that could make it at a top 6 club. When I look at the Chelsea squad with Ake, Chalobah, Batsuhayi and Musonda with nearly zero chance of any game time I must wonder why these players are still at the club. Next year it will be the same for Tammy Abraham.

That said, I think such examples you can find in any top club.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That´s good to hear but I will believe it when I see it..
Just find it strange if this is the case how little Iheanacho has been playing.
Pep clearly doesn't rate kelechi and hasn't since he first saw him. He does quite like garcia. K elechi is gone in the summer Imo

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Chelsea absolutely cruising to another win. Last year was similar IIRC? City made to look average.

Not far off emulating the busby babes dare I say. Credit where credit is due. Build a spine of a successful first team out of it and I will be envious.

On the other hand the attendances for these two legs have been average at best. Last time United got to the final the home leg drew over 20k! Small mercies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea absolutely cruising to another win. Last year was similar IIRC? City made to look average.

Not far off emulating the busby babes dare I say. Credit where credit is due. Build a spine of a successful first team out of it and I will be envious.

On the other hand the attendances for these two legs have been average at best. Last time United got to the final the home leg drew over 20k! Small mercies.
I think the Busby Babes got 5 in a row. This will be 4 in a row (and also 6 wins from the past 8 finals).

AS for building a spine in the first team, that won't happen. if 1 makes it as a regular I would be happy, any more would be close to a miracle.

5-1 on the night now. REally happy for the coach, Jody Morris. I was actually at his debut game for Chelsea 20 odd years ago!

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I think the Busby Babes got 5 in a row. This will be 4 in a row (and also 6 wins from the past 8 finals).

AS for building a spine in the first team, that won't happen. if 1 makes it as a regular I would be happy, any more would be close to a miracle.

5-1 on the night now. REally happy for the coach, Jody Morris. I was actually at his debut game for Chelsea 20 odd years ago!
Fair play to them. It will get mentioned next year that they can equal that record.

Must be exciting as Chelsea fan watching these lot. So many of them have talent but only the lads with the best attitudes will go to the very top and stay there.

You probably know better than me but you've had so much talent over the last few years but the money/hype/pressure/stardom etc goes to there head so they just fall slightly below the highest level. Between 17-21 is the danger zone.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just as any youth football, the huge lads of Chelsea just eased the smaller City players out of the game. Different kettle of ball game when they play guys bigger than them later.

Saying that some talented players in that set up. Wouldn't mind Odoi at Liverpool. Probably where he'll have to go if he's serious about a first team career.

NM

@SkeppyRed I'd wager 1 (if any) makes first team regular at Chelsea. Hard to get excited about that, even if I was a Chelsea fan.

lsd

The Oracle
@SkeppyRed I'd wager 1 (if any) makes first team regular at Chelsea. Hard to get excited about that, even if I was a Chelsea fan.

True but if any of them go on to be successful anywhere else then Chelsea has done a good job .. That was always Fergies goal with youth players if they didn't make it at united then he wanted them to make it somewhere

NM

True but if any of them go on to be successful anywhere else then Chelsea has done a good job .. That was always Fergies goal with youth players if they didn't make it at united then he wanted them to make it somewhere
Fair point. I always look out for United youth in other team. If Chelsea fans did the same, I could see why they would be excited.

Classical Mechanic

Just as any youth football, the huge lads of Chelsea just eased the smaller City players out of the game. Different kettle of ball game when they play guys bigger than them later.
There must be something in that. How many of their players have become first team regulars since this success at youth level? None.

At United we haven't been that successful but have Rashford, Pogba and Lingard from recent youth teams all playing regularly for our first team. Chelsea need to question their philosophy if they can't bring any players though in the next few years.

They are wasting player's careers too. Look at Loftus Cheek, he has made six league starts in his whole career and being a demon at youth level!

Talent is important but I think there has to be will from the board and managers to blood young players. It seems Chelsea are happy with their loan them out and sell them for decent fees policy.