FA Youth Cup 4th Round Swindon Town vs Man United 16/1/2024

lysglimt

Scout
I Fu...hate this UK and Ireland only....anyone get a stream or knows someplace else I can watch it ?

saik

Think thats probably our best lineup. Only thing I am skeptical is playing Missin on the right. He has looked lost playing there recently and he scored in the last game when he was switched back to the left.

I believe he is only going to play there until Lacey returns.

Thiagoal

Was hoping Ibragimov might get a bench slot but maybe too soon for him

lysglimt

Scout
Think thats probably our best lineup. Only thing I am skeptical is playing Missin on the right. He has looked lost playing there recently and he scored in the last game when he was switched back to the left.

I believe he is only going to play there until Lacey returns.
Having Curley start on the bench is not our strongest team - he is presently a better player than Devaney, Fletcher and Fitzgerald - same with McAllister

saik

Having Curley start on the bench is not our strongest team - he is presently a better player than Devaney, Fletcher and Fitzgerald - same with McAllister
Hasn't Fletcher been in good form recently? Think thats what gets him the nod. Haven't got a clue about how good McAllister honestly. I see everyone except the midfielders are the ones who have featured regularly this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Theatrical by Williams

lysglimt

Scout
Hasn't Fletcher been in good form recently? Think thats what gets him the nod. Haven't got a clue about how good McAllister honestly. I see everyone except the midfielders are the ones who have featured regularly this season.
Curley is 2 years older and assisted Shoretire twice after coming on as a sub against Chelsea U21 - so clearly he is the superior player right here and now

saik

Curley is 2 years older and assisted Shoretire twice after coming on as a sub against Chelsea U21 - so clearly he is the superior player right here and now
Gotcha. I do remember Curley having some good games earlier in the season. They probably think he's ready for u21 football in that case. ;)

lysglimt

Scout
Swindon being 1-0 up is bad enough - but the fact that they look the better side is worrying

In Rainbows

I feel like United were just not physically up to the challenge for the first 20 minutes. The energy has picked up. Devaney has now gotten into the game.

AltiUn

Did the commentators just miss the keeper absolutely smashing the ball away after the whistle?

lysglimt

Scout
If - after this start to the season - we manage to lose to Swindon, that really says a lot about the mentality of these players

AltiUn

Been a really poor showing.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The MUTV commentators consistently saying “the quality will be too much for Swindon” has been seriously pissing me off. No surprise they’ve scored again - they’ve been nearly in twice in that channel in the last 5 minutes alone.

lysglimt

Scout
2 of the midfield 3 needs to be subbed - to get Curley and McAllister on....all 3 of them have been shocking

Bigsid

As said before teams dont go strong Saturdays in an u18 league. Swindon sold their best u18 last week. Some on here over hype. Plenty of time here to get back into this.

In Rainbows

The CBs need to be a bit more braver in their passing to find the midfielders. That last pass was a good one. They can break them down if they find the midfield like that.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I assume this isn't usually how this lot play because it's been absolutely terrible. None of them can control a ball or play a simple pass.

Used to watch a lot of our u18s and it was invariably better than this

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I can't pick anyone out who's shown anything at all really, save one very good run from Missin

In Rainbows

I assume this isn't usually how this lot play because it's been absolutely terrible. None of them can control a ball or play a simple pass.

Used to watch a lot of our u18s and it was invariably better than this
It's uncharacteristic of this side

At first they lacked energy. Now in the last 20 minutes, they've just not been good enough with the ball.

I would say the only one performing to their usual standard is Amass (lb). Devaney (DM) has been better than the first 20 min or so too. Nothing to write home about though.

In Rainbows

The CBs need to stop taking the easy option or lazy option (hollywood passes) and find passes to the midfield. They've not given the midfield much to work with. When they've gotten those passes from the CBs, I feel like they've quickly progressed the ball to the attackers with 1 or 2 touch passing. Fitzgerald needs to be a little sharper with his passing. He's the weak point in the midfield right now, which isn't the usual sight.

Wheatley just seems too slow, and not doing enough with the ball.

I feel like if this changes, they will be back to their best. Because as of right now it's a mess.

saik

Imagine if we had a striker
I like Wheatley for some odd reason even though he hasn't really wowed this season. Feel like he has some attributes, which if he can improve upon, can be a useful striker but he has been proper shite today.

Also, Missin needs to be moved to left. Him and Amass had some good chemistry during the early parts of the season and like I said before the game, he has looked lost playing on the right.