FA Youth Cup - 5th Round - United vs. Everton

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The official lineups are out.

I feel like we could've fielded a stronger XI, but I don't mind it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This seems like an eventful match so far (I can't watch it, sadly, but I'm keeping track of it via Twitter updates from @jb8521 and @oskarutd). Everton scored 1st from Okoronkwo before McNeill gets one back from the penalty spot. Garnacho's apparently looking really good so far.

Thiagoal

This seems like an eventful match so far (I can't watch it, sadly, but I'm keeping track of it via Twitter updates from @jb8521 and @oskarutd). Everton scored 1st from Okoronkwo before McNeill gets one back from the penalty spot. Garnacho's apparently looking really good so far.
It’s been a great game to be fair- we look like scoring every time we attack but so do Everton.

just as I’m typing McNeill’s gone close and Everton hit the bar

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This seems to be a common occurrence for United's young players against those of Everton's.

Everton typically field more athletic players in their youth teams, right?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This seems to be a common occurrence for United's young players against those of Everton's.
Everton have usually put in about 3 leg breakers at this point to be fair.

AltiUn

Mainoo makes it 2-1.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Poor goal for Everton to concede that. Way too easy.

AltiUn

Everton player remarkably escapes a red card, par for the course against these lot. Linos blind as feck too.

Thiagoal

Everton typically field more athletic players in their youth teams, right?
I actually think we’ve matched up really well physically today. Really impressive performance so far from the lads

AltiUn

This linesman :lol: we've played quite well, been very tidy on the ball and have whipped in some dangerous crosses.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hopefully we go through because like @mazhar13 said earlier, we definitely can be stronger in the quarter finals with some very good players potentially ready to step in.

Thiagoal

Seem to be pressing really well today and trapping them in their own half. Very much in the Ragnick mould

Bertie Wooster

Good game so far.

Happy with the performance but it could still go either way as Everton certainly have some threat going forward.

AltiUn

Garnacho could've gone down for a pen or squared it to Mainoo for the 4th but he had every right to go for goal and unfortunately hits the post.

RomfordRed75

They kids are playing really well. They could teach the first team a few things about how to pass and move and create chances

AltiUn

Garnacho's balance in that run was excellent.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They kids are playing really well. They could teach the first team a few things about how to pass and move and create chances
Don't you think they are of an age where they are hungry to learn and are more adaptable. Some of our first team are stuck in their ways.

VDG17

Garnacho has a chance I think. He's got a nice blend of size, speed, trickery and the ability to find the net. He's physically on another level to a lot on the pitch today.

AltiUn

I'll probably end up looking silly saying this but Garnacho's starting to look a little bit special. I really rate him.

Thiagoal

I'll probably end up looking silly saying this but Garnacho's starting to look a little bit special. I really rate him.
Agreed. His pace is ridiculous for his age. Imagine how quick he’ll be when he gains muscle. Really clever player and a great goal!

I think Mainoo is really impressing me too given how young he is (16) Shows real maturity, class on the ball and tenacious! Exciting future

Fanta Stick

Agreed. His pace is ridiculous for his age. Imagine how quick he’ll be when he gains muscle. Really clever player and a great goal!

I think Mainoo is really impressing me too given how young he is (16) Shows real maturity, class on the ball and tenacious! Exciting future
Garnacho has developed a lot physically over the last year and doesn't turn 18 until July.

Mainoo still only 16 and already looks a physical specimen.

Both outstanding today.