FA Youth Cup Final - tonight at 7:30. BT Sport.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
For those interested in this sort of thing.

Chelsea have been in 9 of the last 12 finals, winning 7 of them.

Man City last won this in 2008, beating Chelsea in that final.

Despite us utterly dominating this comp over the past decade or so, it should be quite a close game as Man City have invested quite a bit on this academy recently.

There will be a few on display for both sides that have some minutes in their respective first teams.

Classical Mechanic

Posted this in the other thread

Watched the final. City won 3-2. Great game. City had the better attackers skill wise with Mcatee and Palmer. Hodge was classy for City as the 6. Doyle was decent too. Chelsea’s best attacker was Livramento again. He’s a talent but a team needs more in attack than their right back

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Posted this in the other thread

Watched the final. City won 3-2. Great game. City had the better attackers skill wise with Mcatee and Palmer. Hodge was classy for City as the 6. Doyle was decent too. Chelsea’s best attacker was Livramento again. He’s a talent but a team needs more in attack than their right back
I agree with that, City simply had the better quality on the night, all be it minimul I think the extra first team experience from their squad made a big difference.

While we still have excellent youth squads that will challenge for every trophy I think our days of sweeping aside all in sundry (our results and performances in the youth teams CHO, Mount, James, Lamptey etc al were in were inhuman) are over.