Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Are suggesting that Sanchez, at the tender age of 29, is in decline?

Wait, what?
With a very simplistic view that if Sanchez won't score 30 goals and 18 assists then he is on decline, then surely Lukaku, Lingard, Pogba, Rashford are all on the rise and improving?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
With a very simplistic view that if Sanchez won't score 30 goals and 18 assists then he is on decline, then surely Lukaku, Lingard, Pogba, Rashford are all on the rise and improving?
I guess using the somewhat questionable logic "you're 29 so in decline" that @Vilev brought to the table, then the above assumption is perfecftly reasonable.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anyways this is just off topic and taking thread to gutter (if it isn't already).

Fabinho is good signing for Liverpool, hopefully he flops very badly.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We lost to Sevilla who are not even as good as Roma.
It doesn't matter who they played on the way. They were in the final. People around the world will see that and assume they are a big club
None of that really matters in the long run.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
But.. he's 29 not 49.
It's been a full season now basically where he has been some way off his best. That's not insignificant.

Wouldn't be the first one to drop his level prematurely.

deafepl

If it makes you feel better after hearing Fabinho joined Liverpool.

Here's s video of him

AXVnee7

It's been a full season now basically where he has been some way off his best. That's not insignificant.

He spent the first part of the season at a club where he was clearly not happy. In the second half, he was thrust into a brand new team not meeting expectations, with pressure to effectively deliver almost single-handedly. If he has another full season where he struggles to replicate his best form, then I'd say there's more evidence to suggest he's in decline. It has otherwise been a fairly turbulent season for him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
In the second half, he was thrust into a brand new team not meeting expectations.
I know the football has been a bit shit, but I've never seen a team go from 7th/4th/5th/6th to a clear 2nd place being met with so much criticism from its own fans.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I know the football has been a bit shit, but I've never seen a team go from 7th/4th/5th/6th to a clear 2nd place being met with so much criticism from its own fans.
Because unlike you Liverpool lot and your forever optimism Man Utd fans are negative cnuts

ManManManU

Fabinho a player who will be an upgrade to Henderson, Milner and Wiji. If they were to sign Fekir then their midfield will be balanced in term of attacking and defense. Hope it will not come to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sereques

Did the meltdown started yet, oh never mind, the title indicate meltdown. :lol::lol::lol: Predictable.

Sterling Archer

Didn’t see this much pant wetting when Salah signed.

Woody better sign all of Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo and Savic to make things right

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seemed like a good player when I've watched him, I'm not sure what the supposed meltdown is all Inade of though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

It's a little unfair on Sanchez to suggest he is in a permanent state of decline due to one relatively poor season. He wanted out of Arsenal last summer but Wenger refused to play ball, I feel it's safe to assume that he wasn't entirely motivated to perform at his best after that. Given a full summer of pre-season training at United (no world cup for Sanchez) I'm confident he will rediscover his best form. Otherwise we'll move on to another target. Round and round we go.

But yeah, that Fabinho, average at best.

Lentwood

Bigger names are probably, better signings doubtful imo. I can't think of anyone that United has signed in the last few years that has been as succesful a signing as the likes of Van Dijk, Salah and Mane. You could make a case for Bailly if he can stay fit and maybe Lukaku but that's it.
How can you call Van Dijk a "successful signing" after 6 months and no obvious improvement in your defending? I've heard plenty of bluster about him but yet to see the performances to match the hype. Mane is a very good player but tends to blow hot and cold and I would categorise him firmly as a 'Tier 2' player. Salah has been unbelievable, fair play.

haram

Bigger names are probably, better signings doubtful imo. I can't think of anyone that United has signed in the last few years that has been as succesful a signing as the likes of Van Dijk, Salah and Mane. You could make a case for Bailly if he can stay fit and maybe Lukaku but that's it.
Matic has been better than van Dijk.

redIndianDevil

How about the players he hijacked when he wasn’t a Manchester United manager?

Zlatan said himself that he wouldn’t have came if LVG was around so I guess sometimes it’s not all about the money and he did openly say that he wanted to work with Mourinho. He also had a deal that would have paid him more than what he was getting at United.

Bailly was moving to City until Drogba convinced him to move to United.

If Lukaku wanted to go to Chelsea he would have, Chelsea did make a last attempt to sign him but Lukaku chose United.

Whether they are choosing United because of Mourinho or the club, you can’t deny that we have a pull that only a few teams can match.
The bolded part alone is the truth. Manchester United doesn't need Mourinho to attract players. As for Zlatan, it looks like LvG actually repelled Zlatan instead of Mourinho attracting him. And of course all players will pay lip service to the manager once they sign, doesn't mean it's the truth.

redIndianDevil

Kinda true except for Lukaku. In his case, he really chose us over Chelsea (thethen reigning Champions) because of Jose's persuasion and not for money etc.

We haven't totally lost it. Many players still want to play for us . Currently, I'd place the pulling power of top CL teams (and Chelsea/Arsenal) as follows:

- Real, Barca.
- Bayern.
- City, United, Juve.
- PSG.
- Liverpool, Atletico.
- Spurs.
- Chelsea, Arsenal.

I'd bump Chelsea up to our level if they weren't in the EL this season. Even now they could attract players I suppose considering their EL status could be temporary.
I'm not saying that Manchester United doesn't have the pulling power, on the contrary actually, it's Manchester United that attract the players not the managers. I'm not sure about Lukaku, it was either us or Chelsea for him and if I remember correctly we only tried to buy him when Madrid were impossible to deal with over Morata.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Kinda true except for Lukaku. In his case, he really chose us over Chelsea (thethen reigning Champions) because of Jose's persuasion and not for money etc.

We haven't totally lost it. Many players still want to play for us . Currently, I'd place the pulling power of top CL teams (and Chelsea/Arsenal) as follows:

- Real, Barca.
- Bayern.
- City, United, Juve.
- PSG.
- Liverpool, Atletico.
- Spurs.
- Chelsea, Arsenal.

I'd bump Chelsea up to our level if they weren't in the EL this season. Even now they could attract players I suppose considering their EL status could be temporary.
City and United would be above Bayern purely because of the pull of the EPL. Neither of the other big 4 leagues have the attraction of the EPL.

So it would be Real and Barca at the top, City and United after and then Bayern followed the rest.

AXVnee7

It's not a criticism. It's an observation, and moreover a justification for Sanchez's performances. Many fans and much of the media expected the team to be challenging for the title, and we didn't over the course of the season. It explains why when Sanchez came in the side, too much was expected from a player joining a new team that - funnily enough - was receiving criticism from said fans and media. That perhaps explains why you interpreted my comment as a criticism, but it is not at all the intention.

The overall message is that asserting that all 'signs' are pointing to Sanchez being in decline are premature.

fellaini's barber

If its true we have Fred in the bag then surely people should understand why we need to address other positions first? What do people want? Another defensive midfielder when we have no right winger and need to upgrade fullbacks? I just hope that there'll be someone better available when we want to move on from Matic who I honestly feel has one good season left in him.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
TBF to the 'caf, Arsenal fans were melting down all over social media yesterday as well

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Liverpool bound players and fabricated links to United seem to go together. Almost as if it's done of purpose to placate the deluded fanbase of a certain club.

Drainy

Liverpool midfield and attack look really strong on paper.
Defence looks passable to average unless they buy another defender. but you'd definitely expect them to invest in a reliable goalkeeper..

breakout67

Supports
Man City

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
feck them. But if I'm being honest, they're transfer business under Klopp has been pretty fecking good.
I don't see it that way when you look at the bigger picture, I mean sure he signed Mane, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, VVD and of course Salah, however he has also signed players such as Matip, Karius, Klavan and Solanke while stupidly allowing for the sales of both Sakho and (especially) Coutinho (1).

Notes

(1) If they had to sell him sooner or later, then they should have waited till the end of the season instead of selling him in January. Simply because his sale meant that Liverpool had no proper depth (and I'm sorry but Ing's and Solanke do not count in this case) in attack. Thus when Mo got injured in the CL Final, they had no one of the same quality to take his place, not good considering how much the team relied on him and Mane this season.

Just like a lot of City's has been.
This has only really been the case since Pep joined the club to be fair (Bravo and Nolito excepted).

Ours has probably been the worst transfer business over the past 5 years that I've ever seen at any club. Hopefully that improves this summer, because even the last 2 under Mourinho havent really been great.
Mourinho has been pretty solid transfer wise during the 2 seasons he has been at the club (with only Lindelöf being the only real dud signing so far). For me the real problems with United's squad at the moment are more to do with the fact a lot more needs to be done (1) to undo the damage LVG, Moyes and even Fergie (Post Ronaldo sale) did to the squad during their time at the club as well as the way Mourinho has been managing/developing the players in that said squad.

Notes

(1) For me, United needs to buy 2 Centre Backs, 2 Full Backs, 1 Defensive Midfielder, 2 Central/Attacking Midfielders, 2 Right Wingers and a World Class Striker to fully address them. With Jones, Smalling, Blind, Darmian and Fellaini heading the other way and Martial staying at the club.

They looked good in the CL final
Both Full Backs were solid in that game, VVD on the other hand (especially when you look at the 2nd Real Madrid goal) had a poor game while Lovren was even worse.

and they've looked ok since Van Dijk signed.
Without a doubt their defence improved after he arrived (another reason why City should have hijacked Liverpool's move for him), however there have still been too many games were their defensive flaws have been exposed. Games such as the 1-0 defeat to Swansea, the 2nd Leg of the CL Semi-Final against Roma (and the last 20 minutes of their first one), the 2-2 draw against Spurs at Anfield, the 1-0 loss to Chelsea at the Bridge and the 2-2 against West Brom.

They definitely need a new goalkeeper
They need 2 since Mignolet also not good enough either, in fact I would also suggest that Bogdán (their 3rd choice) should also be heading out the door as well for various reasons (has he even played this season I wonder...) with Ward taking his place as 3rd choice (behind Oblak and Leno, the two keepers I feel Liverpool need to sign this transfer window).

but I think it would be a smart move to trust in players like Trent and Robertson.
Agreed, both of them have been pretty good for Liverpool this season. However despite this Liverpool still need to get at least 1 new full back (assuming Clyne can return to his previous form) since Moreno is not good enough in my view.

Lovren could use an upgrade, not sure how Matip has looked for Liverpool.
Matip has looked ok alongside VVD, but again they could do better than someone like him.

We have a few options there already
Who? Carrick is out of the picture, Fellaini might well be following him (and should quite frankly), Herrera is more of a CM than a DM and I feel that Fosu-Mensah is not yet ready to play for the first team (and even if he was, he is more of a RB than a DM). So I do feel that United need to get another DM to take Carrick's place in the team.

also I'm sure Fabinho wouldn't be interested in being back up to Matic.
Matic is not getting any younger though and besides there are more than enough games in a whole season for both players to get enough game time, especially if United are aiming to win all 4 trophies and if Fabinho (had United signed him up) was also being used to back up Valencia as well.

We looked at him pretty hard before (as did many other top clubs) and decided against trying to sign him. Decent signing for LPool given how reliably they concede stupid goals.
And all of those clubs (including my own, especially considering how reliant we were on Fernandinho this season) were foolish in doing so. Chelsea most of all since they ended up singing Bakayoko from the same club and for the same price as well.

But yes, if he ends up being good for Liverpool as he was for Monaco, it would be a good singing for him. Hopefully the end game is that he ends up leaving for a "bigger" club at the end of next season (for both our clubs sake)...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
3. They also won a league cup in the previous decade.

What’s not attractive about them?
Liverpool are 2nd tier for signings, evidenced by no top tier players going to them while losing their top tier players to higher tier teams (Suarez and Coutinho in recent times, Alonso and Mascherano if you want to go further back).

Their transfer strategy is to buy promising talents hoping to develop them into top tier players (Suarez and Coutinho in the past, Salah is next) then flogging them for massive profit to line the pockets of the owners.

Everybody knows it including the press who almost never link Liverpool to the worlds best players. Its City and United that get linked to those because they have the money for that calibre of player. Liverpool are lower than Chelsea in the pecking order, not only due to the wages they can offer but also the London factor.

Rajma

He’s not the one to control games and calm down the hang-go style when they get too sucked into it as his instinct is to rash forward from what I’ve seen of him, they need to manage the games better and he along with Keita are not the type of players.