Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

I agree with you, he isn't joining but billboards don't mean a thing these days. Easy enough to change them when a player leaves.
That's a photoshop. That was never a real advert. Although you are spot on with your point.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Love the transfer saga's but the reliability of social media is a complete lottery. It's simple, just link us to every available centre forward and midfielder and eventually they'll get one right....
I know and they always cover all bases now as well. "He sees United at his destination but also thinks he might stay at <insert club>"

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Was discussed in the other thread. Person asks them to announce Fabinho and Pepe now, PSG respond with a cheeky emoji, basically hinting it's done or close to being so.
That more or less tells me Fabinho is over.

I mean I never saw him play, and don't really know anything about him; but I am very very sad. :(

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
FFS, this thread is full of the most over dramatic posts about a player that most of you have hardly seen play. One of the most pitiful sagas I've ever witnessed on here. Don't give a feck who he signs for at this point, just want it over with.

Not that that will stop the collective Caf bed wetting about Woody being a clown.

I swear that transfer season gets worse every year in here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
FFS, this thread is full of the most over dramatic posts about a player that most of you have hardly seen play. One of the most pitiful sagas I've ever witnessed on here. Don't give a feck who he signs for at this point, just want it over with.

Not that that will stop the collective Caf bed wetting about Woody being a clown.

That's the problem with the long transfer threads. The longer they go on, the more they become infested with teenage bedwetters who rely on big transfers to make their otherwise unaccomplished lives remotely meaningful. The best approach to transfers is to not get overly excited or depressed about them. After all, a transfer is merely buying a player with all the hard work yet ahead.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
F*** off PSG

Why would Monaco sell him to a direct league contender? Because PSG can wave their dicks around more. I wouldn't be so annoyed if he went to a club from different league but this just seems like a kick in the balls.

EvilIrwin

Love the transfer saga's but the reliability of social media is a complete lottery. It's simple, just link us to every available centre forward and midfielder and eventually they'll get one right....
It's like the current fake news epidemic, people unable to distinguish fact from fiction, don't really care to research and happily forwarding Facebook/WhatsApp messages from 5years ago as latest news.

It's way too much now, like looking for a gold nugget in a shit pool. It used to be fun reading up on the latest gossip but it's now way over the top, full of lies with stories flipping on its head quickly for no apparent reason other than clickbait.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Silly season, I wish the PL was underway, I'm bored.

WPMUFC

I think if we wanted him we'd have got him over PSG, but we clearly don't, as questionable as some of us might think that is.

Onto the next one.
It makes you wonder, who is the player after Fabinho and Matic? If castles is right, PSG will announce Fabinho soon and then we are helpless to move on Matic because Conte is demanding two-top tier replacements before he ok's the move. So if neither a likely, who is "the next one"? :confused:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Agree entirely. If we don't get Fabinho I'd wager it's nothing to do with Woody being a clown. And I get the feeling every transfer window is getting worse on the forum too.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

The PSG is accelerating to recruit Fabinho this summer. To conclude this operation, it could take nearly 50M € ow.ly/ZCDP30dapaN

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

The PSG is accelerating to recruit Fabinho this summer. To conclude this operation, it could take nearly 50M € ow.ly/ZCDP30dapaN
Well apparently we bid 50m and didn't conclude, so...

And Solakjaer has won it!

I've followed this story closely like I'm certain all of you in here. I like this guy as a player and was more than happy to see him at OT. I don't think we were ever seriously in for him like we obviously are for Morata. Fabinho seems at least to me to be one of a number of names that Jose would be content with but clearly he's not desperate for him and we haven't made concrete moves to sign him. If we had PSG wouldn't be signing him. We are a bigger more attractive proposition to any player than PSG if it comes down to a straight choice, I firmly believe that. Jose isn't too fussed about this guy so we keep the faith. He won us trophies last year with a squad which looked like absolute strangers on the pitch at times last season so let's just trust his judgement and wait and see how this window develops.

WPMUFC

Until some other news comes out, i'm really starting to this Castles might be spot on with our Midfield target situation.

WPMUFC

Matic being first choice? You've been calling bullshit all week.
I'm starting to think i'm wrong about matic not being a target. However i'm also now starting to believe the reason the hack journos are reporting Matic over the likes of Stone/BBC is because it requires a stupid amount of Chelsea transfer plans to go off without a hitch before conte would even consider selling. Hence BBC/Stone are not running with the story but the hacks are.

I was working under the assumption that BBC/Stone saying nothing on Matic was a sign of no interest. Castles may.....may just have filled in my blanks.

GM K

As much as it's frustrating, I'm enjoying the fact that no one knows our targets. But I am also concerned we may not end up with our targets!
Jose hates leaks. He considers anyone who leaks club plans as a traitor. I can imagine him working with Woodward to ensure our transfer targets and moves are not leaked and I'm betting that's why the journos know little about what is going on. I am confident we will sign good players. They may not be the type of players those who love Champaign football prefer but they will be the type of players who will fit in perfectly into Jose's plan for the team.

Crimson King

If Jose was so keen to get his players in before the tour, then why have we thrown most of our hopes on Matic and not Fabinho? Given the supposedly complex web that deal is part of according to some of the journos...

The Fabinho price is relatively reasonable and the deal would have been a lot more straightforward. Even if he flopped he would have had resale value given his age.

I feel a bit dirty about this whole thing. More so the fact we're at Chelsea's mercy right now, and all for a player I don't really rate anymore and who Chelsea are quite keen to replace.

Nick7

"Official links", been weak at best. Hard to fathom out what is exactly happening on this one
Fairly easy in my view. We've never been in for him. The only, even slight, links to us that could have been real was Fabinho mentioning us, which means feck all. He said the exact same stuff two years ago about wanting to move to us, or a team on our level. He's been desperate for a move to a top team for years.

Di Marzio was briefed by Juve, who haven't the foggiest.

If Jose was so keen to get his players in before the tour, then why have we thrown most of our hopes on Matic and not Fabinho? Given the supposedly complex web that deal is part of according to some of the journos...
Because Mourinho doesn't want him and Fabinho isn't the type of player Mourinho wants.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
So, this could mean Matuidi is out. His contract expires in a year time also.

I know he is old but was he any good last season?

GM K

Woody was given the transfer targets back in March so has to take the blame for any failings.
When Jose made that 'since March' comment, I found it extremely curious. Why did he have to say that? I wondered. It occurred to me that he probably was not impressed by the progress made in securing the new players up to that point and was typically trying to set up blames for Woody if eventually we failed to get the players he wants. That other comment about staying away completely from the transfer efforts was equally significant ('If we don't get the players I want, blame Woodward'). Maybe this is BS but it makes sense to me considering how Jose is very methodical, often knows precisely who he wants for his teams and how he always wants them added early enough so as to prepare well for the next season.

One gets the feeling that if Woody fails to get him the players he wants, he will start throwing tantrums. The potential beginning of the third/fourth season capitulation.

GM K

That more or less tells me Fabinho is over.

I mean I never saw him play, and don't really know anything about him; but I am very very sad. :(
Strange. Why are you very sad when you have not seen him play and you don't know anything about him?

prtk0811

Come on woodward :mad:. Why not assure him some game time at rb too and push AV as a winger in few games.

el3mel

Moving to PSG is pretty stupid move from Monaco and Fabinho himself.

Matic is our target then.

prtk0811

Start punching in proportion to our weight in the market. Why the heck you gonna let psg move in.

Art

Art the artist
Apart from Griezmann, it's weird how we're struggling to conclude our business swiftly. With CL, I thought it would be quite the opposite and Woody didn't seem like the penny pincher either.

Status
Not open for further replies.