Fairweather footballers

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As in, literally. They don’t like playing in cold weather.

Someone mentioned James at Everton, who was on fire in the balmy days of summer but doesn’t seem to fancy it much now.

Could be wrong here, but hasn’t Martial only every hit a decent run of form in warm weather?

Any others anyone can think of?

NinjaFletch

Elano.

Staggeringly good at both ends of the season, on holiday for the rest.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Someone mentioned James at Everton, who was on fire in the balmy days of summer but doesn’t seem to fancy it much now.

Could be wrong here, but hasn’t Martial only every hit a decent run of form in warm weather?

I don't think martial hits form in any weather, hot, cold, wind, rain, he's shite in all of them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

You are.

And James himself also annoyingly scored against us just last week, and scored a stunner a couple of weeks before.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another thread to moan about Martial? Nice.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Memory has faded a little with time, but I'm pretty sure this was a big gripe people had with Malouda.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is this just a slightly sinister thread to have a go at certain foreign players?

Dangerous.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Martial's only good form under Jose came November-January 2017/18, it ended when Sanchez was signed which was deadline day that January.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

I actually thought some of Martian’s best form for us was the winter of 17-18 under Mourinho, just before we signed Sanchez.

(Edit): @berbatrick snap

Chipper

Adulterer.
I've not really noticed it one way or the other with Martial and can't be arsed performing a statistical analysis, but I'm wondering, could it be the gloves?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Martial's only good form under Jose came November-January 2017/18, it ended when Sanchez was signed which was deadline day that January.
He was also on a good run in December last season. In general Martial seems to find a bit of form during winter, strangely enough.

PS: It's a very strange thread.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Sounds like he could be added to another list of “footballers who can’t cope with competition for their place in the team”, mind you.
Ya that is much more valid. Also I think he likes/liked certain players to be around him - Shaw, Pogba, Rashford, previously Mata, all of whom he can play 1-2s with. Everything needs to be right for it to click for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good shout.

I’ve a vague memory of Robinho being the same?
Robinho was more of a home and away player. Used to score loads at Etihad but think he only scored once or twice away from home in all his games for Man. City.

Didn't Berbatov have a similar record at some stage although might've been more at Spurs.

OL29

That’s him off the list so.

Sounds like he could be added to another list of “footballers who can’t cope with competition for their place in the team”, mind you.
That same form came when he’d been dropped for Rashford so that’s obviously not true.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was also on a good run in December last season. In general Martial seems to find a bit of form during winter, strangely enough.

PS: It's a very strange thread.
In a sad way it isn’t really though.

Blackwidow

James does not like cold weather. Look at where he comes from . But he can perform in it.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I was always a fair weather footballer as a kid. Though I was so skinny that catching hypothermia playing in winter was a real threat.