Fallout 3

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I need to buy an X-Box 360 and get with the times, but I don't think I would justify the investment with time. I love these type of games, but finding the time to do it justice is hard. You really do need to be unemployed and on the dole, a student with no interest in college, rich and not working or have no interest in taking part in a thing called "life" to do these sort of games pure justice

Might pop down next week and buy an X-box and this game you are all talking about
:lol: The above is soo true...

It's taken me 2+ years to get to where I am now in Oblivion, still haven't completed. Haven't been working since Summer so I've been gaming, smoking and drinking like a teenager. If you work and have the odd hour here and there, this game is going to take you a YEAR! Still, might as well get it though.

muller

I am loving this on the Xbox. I have no comparison though, I have not played more than a demo on the PS3 and none on the PC. Prefered the shooting on the Xbox.

Anyway, I really am loving this game on the 360. Again with no point of comparison, but just to let you know Kinky, that its good.

Please dont kill me Weaste.

WeasteDevil

I'm not killing you, just trying to put forward an argument that there is very little repective difference between the versions, or if not, all professional reviewers need putting up against a wall and shot.

Kinky Melinky

:lol: The above is soo true...

It's taken me 2+ years to get to where I am now in Oblivion, still haven't completed. Haven't been working since Summer so I've been gaming, smoking and drinking like a teenager. If you work and have the odd hour here and there, this game is going to take you a YEAR! Still, might as well get it though.
Smoking or Smoking ;) ?

I'd say Oblivion is AMAZING if when stoned

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I couldn't really care less about the console this game is on. The game itself is what matters, and it's good to the extent that I'm beginning to question whether it is actually better than Oblivion.

KingEric7

That fan-made video does a much better job than anyone of explaining the Fallout background (and 'craze'). Basically a post nuclear apocalyptic world, open ended gameplay, they say it's Oblivion with guns but the world is 80% bigger and they've had much more time to add more content into it (Oblivion was a bit rushed). Basically if you enjoy this type of theme it's a must get before the new year.
Is this true? From what I have seen now, it seems to be smaller than Oblivion.

Not that it's a small game, of course. It's absolutely vast.

Kaos

Is this true? From what I have seen now, it seems to be smaller than Oblivion.

Not that it's a small game, of course. It's absolutely vast.
Its a similar size, I heard one statistic and it thats 16 square miles. Now even if thats smaller than Oblivion, you must note that there is alot more stuff packed in/going on in this game than in Oblivion.

KingEric7

Yes, that's true. The areas are also a lot more diverse in the way they look.

You would find yourself go through the same Aylid ruins about 9 times in different areas of the map on Oblivion, and don't get me started on the caves in Morrowind! :D

Kaos

Well the subways all do look similar, but yet again subways aren't meant to look different, thats a mix if cleverness and laziness on behalf of Bethesda :lol:

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this game on the 360?

Shopto.net is the best I have so far with £36.99. Some of your comments on here have really made me eager to purchase this.

kps88

Would I be right in assuming this game is like Elder Scrolls in a wasteland like setting with guns? In the most basic of ways ofcourse.

Kaos

Would I be right in assuming this game is like Elder Scrolls in a wasteland like setting with guns? In the most basic of ways ofcourse.
Yes, both this and oblivion share many similarities, even the voice-acting is the same.

Christofaux

Yes, both this and oblivion share many similarities, even the voice-acting is the same.
But i hardly notice it, and if you spend time worrying about voice acting then you probably shouldn't play this game and spend more time worrying about how one actor in the world is allowed to play more then one role in their life.

Kaos

But i hardly notice it, and if you spend time worrying about voice acting then you probably shouldn't play this game and spend more time worrying about how one actor in the world is allowed to play more then one role in their life.
Erm I dont go around worrying about voice acting, if you play Oblivion for a long enough time then you can automatically recognise the voice similarities in Fallout 3 - its not like I personally looked up the names of the actors from both games. Besides you make it sound like I make it out to be a bad thing, YES this game is similar to oblivion, theres no way you can get around that, but thats not to say its bad thing - on the contrary its an excellent game and my GOTY.

Elessar

I rather see this becoming GOTY than superultratestosterone GoW2.

From what I gather it is more than just oblivion with guns, seems pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

kps88

:lol:

Like Kaos said its not a bad thing at all.

Kaos

I rather see this becoming GOTY than superultratestosterone GoW2.

From what I gather it is more than just oblivion with guns, seems pretty damn awesome if you ask me.
Grand Overrated theft 4 will definitely pick up all the GOTY awards unfortunately, its a weird example of when the reviewers think completely differently to the gamers.

gaz1185

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this game on the 360?

Shopto.net is the best I have so far with £36.99. Some of your comments on here have really made me eager to purchase this.
Got mine from Sainsburys for £29, just been to Sainsburys at dinner and it's still that price along with GoW 2! Worth picking them both up at that price... I did!! :devil:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Grand Overrated theft 4 will definitely pick up all the GOTY awards unfortunately, its a weird example of when the reviewers think completely differently to the gamers.
Hell, I've just played the demo for Left 4 Dead, and I think it deserves GOTY. It probably will in the PC department too, you know :D

afrocentricity

Hell, I've just played the demo for Left 4 Dead, and I think it deserves GOTY. It probably will in the PC department too, you know :D
Where is the Demo? been waiting for this game...

KingEric7

Yes; it's brilliant in literally every way. What bewilders me is that it just gets better and better.

Where's everyone up to now?

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
With the patch I'm finally able to play it without it crashing all the time

Feel kind of lost and that there aren't enough side quests (Don't want to blast through the main quest). I think I've done everything in Megaton (Except Moira's Survivals Guides), and yesterday I travelled to Rivet City looking to set some kid up with his Auntie - doesn't seem to be feck all to do in Rivet City, maybe it's too early? I only have a few little quests to do from there, though I have to go and get the Delcaration of Independence or something

Feels kind of empty. It's pretty cool though wandering around a ghost city to find some robot driving around in a firefight with mutants

vanthaman

Winner
theres quite a lot to do in Rivet City, some of it links to the main quest but there is a few other quests too

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Got mine from Sainsburys for £29, just been to Sainsburys at dinner and it's still that price along with GoW 2! Worth picking them both up at that price... I did!! :devil:
Thanks for that mate, I have a family member who works there so I should be able to get a staff discount too.

Kaos

With the patch I'm finally able to play it without it crashing all the time

Feel kind of lost and that there aren't enough side quests (Don't want to blast through the main quest). I think I've done everything in Megaton (Except Moira's Survivals Guides), and yesterday I travelled to Rivet City looking to set some kid up with his Auntie - doesn't seem to be feck all to do in Rivet City, maybe it's too early? I only have a few little quests to do from there, though I have to go and get the Delcaration of Independence or something

Feels kind of empty. It's pretty cool though wandering around a ghost city to find some robot driving around in a firefight with mutants
This game is different in that quests open up after events. Its not like World of Warcraft where you go around picking up every single quest, doing them all then going back and claiming your rewards - it likes you to focus on what you havent done already before opening up more things for you, I think it works nicely.

Christofaux

Erm I dont go around worrying about voice acting, if you play Oblivion for a long enough time then you can automatically recognise the voice similarities in Fallout 3 - its not like I personally looked up the names of the actors from both games. Besides you make it sound like I make it out to be a bad thing, YES this game is similar to oblivion, theres no way you can get around that, but thats not to say its bad thing - on the contrary its an excellent game and my GOTY.
:lol:

Like Kaos said its not a bad thing at all.

Oh ok, ive seen more people complain a bout the similar voice acting then not so thats why i thought you were let down by it. I like the fact its similar, to me its like your actors from your favourite movie doing another movie together, but just replace movie with game.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Thanks for that mate, I have a family member who works there so I should be able to get a staff discount too.
Once again thank you, got a 15 % discount so it was around £24/25. Can't wait to play it.

robthered

Potential spolier question posted here:

I'm playing 'nice' through the game this time round. Been to Bigtown (shit hole) and rescued the two from the super mutants. When I got back I accepted the next quest to protect the town from their next attack. Hung around for ages and nothing had happened so I left. Was this a mistake? The quest seems to have disappeared from the PipBoy now.

afrocentricity

Potential spolier question posted here:
Spoilers:
When I did it the SM's pretty much came straight away, we banged heads, they lost, I'm a hero, quest completed. I'm not even sure if it's an actual quest?

I reckon when you go back there will be a few people 'missing' and a few dead bodies strewn around...

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
First impressions, I can tell it's a quality game and can definitely see its appeal.

Not sure if I have the patience and time to really play through game though, begin to doubt my purchase already. Finding Megaton a bit boring.

Leg-End

Megaton is boring, blow it up. Go explore, its a great game because you can play at your own pace. First call of duty is get a decent weapon first.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I've come to the conclusion that I'm a bit of a casual/old fashioned gamer. I prefer things to be set out ahead of me rather than having a free roam setting.

RPG's require time and effort, things I don't have much of at the moment.

Feel a bit stupid as I knew what the game would be like, but after hearing such fantastic things about it, I had to give it a go and see whether I'd adapt. I haven't got far but can tell it's not something that I'm going to spend a lot of time with.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Potential Spolier

for those of you finding ammo hard to come by go to the Chryslus Building

there are a few super mutants there, but there is also a whole ton of ammo

make sure you check the gore bags as there is always about 30 - 50 of an ammo type there.