Famous football moments that would not have happened with VAR

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Eto’s goal against Arsenal in the UCL final should be offside, although they probably deserved it given that Campbell’s goal came from a clear dive.

Rooney’s goal against Barca in the 2011 Final was clearly offside, he was off when giggs first passed to him. Not that it mattered in the

Scholes against Porto should have stood, and mourinho’s may not be as famous as he is now

Ramos should have been sent off for the MMA move he pulled on Salah

RashyForPM

Eto’s goal against Arsenal in the UCL final should be offside, although they probably deserved it given that Campbell’s goal came from a clear dive.

Rooney’s goal against Barca in the 2011 Final was clearly offside, he was off when giggs first passed to him. Not that it mattered in the

Scholes against Porto should have stood, and mourinho’s may not be as famous as he is now

I’ve never seen VAR call a red for that type of foul/collision. Kane backing into defenders is probably much worse than what Ramos did - he’d have about 5 red cards this season if VAR called those fouls reds. Not saying they shouldn’t mind.

big rons sovereign

That's an incredible vid that one, a real incendiary atmosphere, proper stuff.

Still not sure on the RVN one. High but looks a skim rather than really dangerous.

I remember one game, where Cole for Chelsea by then I think, two footed in on Hernandez, just after he'd shot, and he smashed him.
But for some reason in those days if you got your shot off, they didn't care about what happened after.
Or luiz 2 footing Rooney more than once and getting away with it, they then went and got a bullshit penalty and won the game.

big rons sovereign

2001 F A Cup final.

Michael Owen scores two late goals and Liverpool steal the win.

Earlier, Henry rounds the goalie, shoots and Henchoz elbows it round the post.

But what if...

VAR gives handball and sends Henchoz off

Arsenal go on to win the cup (not ideal admittedly but better than Liverpool)

Michael Owen is hounded by the media "adds nothing. Just speed merchant. Out of his depth" and Liverpool sell him to Tranmere, then he's later loaned to Accrington Stanley and ends up giving up football and becomes a bar man.

Trophy less again, Liverpool have a mass clear out, cock it up, get relegated and never get back to the PL (let alone winning European trophies)
Beautiful.

Lanesy

The ending of our unbeaten run in 2004 would have been an interesting one. I'm certain RVN would have seen red for his tackle on Cole. Ferdinand last man on Ljungberg and there was another tackle. Also the Rooney penalty which was highly controversial.
We got away with murder that day! RVN and Ferdinand should’ve been off before HT. It’s never a penalty either, I knew that at the time watching as a 14 year old boy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Or luiz 2 footing Rooney more than once and getting away with it, they then went and got a bullshit penalty and won the game.
I always forget those Luiz incidents when my Chelsea pal tells me I have only the Drogba offside goal as a bad decision against United over the years.
He's hilarious as he truly thinks Chelsea suffer "corrupt" refs when he probably only has that single Barcelona game as any sort of "evidence".

Hester_manc

Carragher would have been sent off for his tackle on Nani

And I remember a "fine" Roy Carroll save against Spurs

big rons sovereign

I always forget those Luiz incidents when my Chelsea pal tells me I have only the Drogba offside goal as a bad decision against United over the years.
He's hilarious as he truly thinks Chelsea suffer "corrupt" refs when he probably only has that single Barcelona game as any sort of "evidence".
That night was a real shocker. Pretty sure it was Atkinson. Again.

big rons sovereign

We got away with murder that day! RVN and Ferdinand should’ve been off before HT. It’s never a penalty either, I knew that at the time watching as a 14 year old boy.
Nobody cared. Arsenal were arrogant shitheads and nowhere near as good as they believed they were.

KGBhoy

That Scholes goal still irks me. Was blatantly onside. It wasn't even close.

Lanesy

Nobody cared. Arsenal were arrogant shitheads and nowhere near as good as they believed they were.
You could argue it was justice for what happened in the same fixture a season before. But there’s no denying that they were a great side.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Another bit about the Porto match with the Scholes disallowed goal. Seem to recall some felt their freekick should never have been. That it was another dive/overreaction that conned to ref. I was working that afternoon (US) and missed the match.

big rons sovereign

Another bit about the Porto match with the Scholes disallowed goal. Seem to recall some felt their freekick should never have been. That it was another dive/overreaction that conned to ref. I was working that afternoon (US) and missed the match.
That was their whole game. They won the uefa the year before on the back of it. Dive, free kick. Move 10 yards upfield, dive free kick.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match, but Nigel de Jong's stamp on Xavi Alonso that escaped a red.

Red00012

Nani’s red card would have been overturned and we’d have beaten Madrid

Chipper

Adulterer.
Nani’s red card would have been overturned and we’d have beaten Madrid
I'd have overturned it but I'm not sure the ref would if he took a look at it, or the VAR bod would essentially tell him to. Takes more to overturn a decision than make one in the first place.