Fans leaving at half-time

The Oracle

I watched till the end, albeit on TV.

I was fully aware that we had beaten Liverpool 5-0 at Anfield back in February 1946, and I was just hoping they didn't nil us by more than that... because if they had of got to six the only comeback I would have had was, "Huddersfield beat us 6-0 at Old Trafford in the past as well"

Although Liverpool dismantled us yesterday on our own patch, just remember we did it to them first on their patch... even if it was 75 years ago!

And for anyone who is interested, in the very next game against them in September of 1946 we trounced them 5-0 again! (Actually at Maine Road due to Old Trafford being extensively damaged during WW2)

So just remember, yesterday's result may have left some fans hurting, but we have done the same to them in the past as well.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Their ticket probably cost them £40-50 to watch a bunch of clowns.
Cost me the same. But why leave? The team need support when things are going wrong as well as when things are great.

Lights Out

If anybody thinks the coverage of this will get the Glazers noticing then they are sadly wrong I think.
You only have to look at some of the NFL stadiums if the home team is getting trounced. They are literally empty.
Glazers won’t blink an eye when they see this.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Cost me the same. But why leave? The team need support when things are going wrong as well as when things are great.
Protest.

Probably the best way to show the club you're not happy with Ole/the Team, as you know that at the end of the game everyone will stand up and clap.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Honestly good on them. Its as legitimate a form of protest as booing your own players.
Paying for seat then leaving before the show’s over isn’t a legitimate form of protest.
In fact it’s not any form of protest because the price of the seat has already gone ching ching into the Glazers bank account and capitalists like the Glazers see the money from the ordinary supporters rolling in and quite rightly see that financial support as being absolutely the opposite of protest.
Protest against the owners / club is when you don’t cough up the money and support for the owners / club is when you do.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Paying for seat then leaving before the show’s over isn’t a legitimate form of protest.
In fact it’s not any form of protest because the price of the seat has already gone ching ching into the Glazers bank account and capitalists like the Glazers see the money from the ordinary supporters rolling in and quite rightly see that financial support as being absolutely the opposite of protest.
Protest against the owners / club is when you don’t cough up the money and support for the owners / club is when you do.
Not sure you know how season tickets work really.

BlackBinBag

It is a highly effective form of protest. Utd fans pay big money for tickets. I've never been successful in the ballot to get a ticket for a Liverpool game at OT. If i had managed to get a ticket for yesterday's game i would have left at half time.

It looks extremely bad on TV when supporters are leaving the ground at half time. I was upset that more didn't leave.

It's all very well saying fans shouldn't buy tickets. The problem we have is that demand vastly outstrips supply. There will always be another punter who will buy a season ticket if another fan gives theirs up.

The Oracle

I think you can liken it to paying for a meal at a restaurant, and then said meal falls way below expectations...
- You stay for the course of the meal (watch till the final whistle)
- You complain to the staff (boo the team)
- You leave without finishing the meal (leave at half-time)
- You later leave a review (vent on a forum)
- You vote with your feet and don't return (until it is under new management)*

*That tends to be the only one that ever has an impact (through losing custom/business)

TheHeya

Guy behind me spent £600 on getting to the game, tickets and hotels etc. The mood inside the ground was the worst I’ve witnessed. I’m lucky I live 30 mins away from the ground otherwise I would have been leaving at HT.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Not sure you know how season tickets work really.
I actually do because I renew mine every season.

Not sure that you’re aware that 20,000 match day attendees don’t use season tickets and that for the rest (those who have season tickets or borrow them off the many touts) the only way to actively protest is to not renew / don’t buy off the touts.

My point was that the Glazers / club don’t give a damn so long as they continue to take your money, and I stand by that.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
It is a highly effective form of protest. Utd fans pay big money for tickets. I've never been successful in the ballot to get a ticket for a Liverpool game at OT. If i had managed to get a ticket for yesterday's game i would have left at half time.

It looks extremely bad on TV when supporters are leaving the ground at half time. I was upset that more didn't leave.

It's all very well saying fans shouldn't buy tickets. The problem we have is that demand vastly outstrips supply. There will always be another punter who will buy a season ticket if another fan gives theirs up.
And therein lies the problem. If you always have enough loyal supporters to fill the stadium then the disloyal ones don’t have much leverage do they?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Good on them for leaving and I would have done the same. Your mood is ruined anyway and it takes ages to get away from OT at the end so why ruin your full day for a bunch of multi millionaires who couldn’t give a shit. United should be refunding the fans after that

Maticmaker

They should have stayed...its character building, smiling in the face of defeat, good for the soul, etc.

Dan_F

I left at 85 minutes, but it was mainly because I was absolutely starving and wanted to buy food and eat it before needing to get back to the coach.

At the end of the day, it’s pointless for anyone who wasn’t at the ground to criticise those that were. Or even for people at the ground to judge others who left early, or didn’t for whatever reason. It’s their money and their time and ultimately depends on how they’re feeling.

Josh 76

Listening to Liverpool fans singing at half time must have been sickening. These games are never won at half time except yesterday. 4-0 down to those wankers at HT at OT. Still can't get my head round it. Feels like I'm going to wake up and it's all been a nightmare from hell x 1000!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Fans wouldn’t leave early if United had a properly coached team. Let’s focus on the real issues instead of fighting for internet-top-red-points.

Maticmaker

I watched till the end, albeit on TV.

I was fully aware that we had beaten Liverpool 5-0 at Anfield back in February 1946, and I was just hoping they didn't nil us by more than that... because if they had of got to six the only comeback I would have had was, "Huddersfield beat us 6-0 at Old Trafford in the past as well"

Although Liverpool dismantled us yesterday on our own patch, just remember we did it to them first on their patch... even if it was 75 years ago!

And for anyone who is interested, in the very next game against them in September of 1946 we trounced them 5-0 again! (Actually at Maine Road due to Old Trafford being extensively damaged during WW2)

So just remember, yesterday's result may have left some fans hurting, but we have done the same to them in the past as well.

Thank you, raised my eyes at last this morning... "what goes around comes around2...or ... "in a sea of troubles"... or something like that! Great!:)

reddevilz007

Real supporters right there, they’ve paid their ticket, they’ve given their time to travel to the stadium.
Them leaving is a reaction to a series of mediocrity from the club, which is totally in their right.
They’ve probably invested more time and resources than those claiming to be real fans, sitting at home, supporting Ole and moaning about those people being fake or part time fans.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I actually do because I renew mine every season.

Not sure that you’re aware that 20,000 match day attendees don’t use season tickets and that for the rest (those who have season tickets or borrow them off the many touts) the only way to actively protest is to not renew / don’t buy off the touts.

My point was that the Glazers / club don’t give a damn so long as they continue to take your money, and I stand by that.
Well no not really, as the non season ticket holders don’t really hold much sway do they plus they’re mainly tourists anyway.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Quite right. This fan base is far too accepting and passive.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Quite right. This fan base is far too accepting and passive.
You’re most definitely not an accepting or passive fan base.

There was all that green & yellow scarf thing after Fergie accommodated the Glazers buy-out, and it was only recently that you violently invaded your own ground and prevented a game from taking place, and you’ve previously gone to players homes at night to intimidate and threaten them and their wives & children when you’ve not been happy with them.
In fact I can’t think of a UK fan base that’s anywhere near as aggressive towards their own club as yours.

I think that you’re very good at letting your feelings be known but that leaving a game, that you’ve paid to see, at half-time is ineffective, especially compared to your previous actions.

UpWithRivers

The Ole outers were outa there. The Ole inners were clapping Ole as a he left at full time.

Mike Smalling

These people spent their time and money to be subjected to that shower of shite. They are not going to get a refund, but at least they could get 45 minutes of their Sunday back. Good on them.

OrcaFat

Listening to Liverpool fans singing at half time must have been sickening. These games are never won at half time except yesterday. 4-0 down to those wankers at HT at OT. Still can't get my head round it. Feels like I'm going to wake up and it's all been a nightmare from hell x 1000!
Yeah. I still feel sick now. Didn’t sleep well. Hate is a strong word so I don’t want to say I hate the scousers but let’s say I hate losing to the feckers. Plus I hate them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The last 20 mins in the ground was quite fun actually. Calypso from every stand.