Fans turning on their own team and players

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A grown man boo’ing anything is laughable really.
Well, if a team collectively plays really badly, they deserve to be booed. It's theatre (or pantomime).
For example, when under LVG, we lost/drew every game in December, in the final game of that month, the team and him (in particular) were booed...and rightfully so.
LVG was talking to the press stating that he has a 3 year contract and was doing a fine job. Meanwhile on the pitch, we were struggling to create chances and passing the ball sideways/backwards, while getting beaten.

Markmark99

Supports
Anelka Anelka Anelka
After seeing our Paddy doing a Cantona with a slight twist against his own supporters, You could not make that up could you. His own supporters were insulting him, I'm confused. Our own fans booing the likes of Lukaku and the manager, whats going on????

Is this a new trend or all the teams starting to adopt the Real Madrid way of appreciating their players.

Confused..
Alan Brazil...was treated like **** whilst at Utd. Spat on whilst warming up by kids. Booed, abuse, etc...like some fans always need someone to vent their anger/negativity on.

Giggs was booed for a while i remember about 2001-2002. Look at this place....always moaning about someone

But it's getting worse for sure. That's society these days. The people coming out of school/uni now have no respect no manners, no honour. I was in Warrington Wednesday (pitts) and there was a running battle between teenagers and the homeless. It's going down the pan.

el3mel

Why are some here acting like booing the players is wrong but booing the manager is fine ? They're defending any booing happened in Spurs game by that it wasn't directed at Lukaku but at Mourinho, as if booing the manager is very fine, just don't do boo the players ? That's a strange logic IMO.

Booing is a wrong act whoever it's aimed at.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It wasn't, it's a myth perpetuated by hollywood. Gladiators were taught to wound plus they had referees, think of gladiatorial bouts as UFC with weapons.
Wow really? Never knew that, makes sense though if you put the training/feeding costs etc into perspective.

R'hllor

United fans done something worse then booing, mocking Afroman in game vs Valencia, must say dont think i ever seen/heard that before. Glad he scored at the end, bunch of cnuts.

Mickfoley

I see fans booing the decision to sub Rashford as a positive thing as the player replacing him was Martial. Mourinho will somehow think that he has to play Martial every game to rub it in. He'd think he's fecking us but in reality it's a win-win.

Kapardin

One of the stupidest things would be to boo your own players (match-going fans) or spam their twitter feed with insults (armchair supporters/keyboard warriors). You can certainly want players to be sold etc, but as long as they give 100%, support them while they are here.

The OT crowd rarely resorts to booing, which is why I am still a bit baffled over how ready they were to turn on Fellaini.

dirtygringo

Winner of the 150 Posts in 11 Whole Years Award
I think it doesn't help that clubs and football generally wants to treat supporters as consumers rather than fans. If I you consistently treat people like consumers they are liable to start acting like consumers, and will demand entertainment and value for their money.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I love a good boo, remember City fans fighting amongst each other a few times over the years, worst I was at was probably York away when we got stuffed 2-1 and we're lucky it wasn't 4 or 5 we were that bad

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Still not an excuse for not giving your all imo.
Maybe they are giving their all but it looks like they aren't because they struggle from various issues, as shown with the listed examples I gave.

Runner

"I'd also like to remind you that when we had bad times here the club stood by me, all my staff stood by me, the players stood by me - your job now is to stand by our new manger. That is important."
Extract from Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement speech. May 12, 2013.

We've changed two managers since then but the sentiment still stands.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Maybe they are giving their all but it looks like they aren't because they struggle from various issues, as shown with the listed examples I gave.
Maybe some are giving their all but my post is aimed at those that aren’t/don’t!!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Nobody has booed Lukaku.

Christ, where has this shite come from