Fantasy Draft - 2011 Muppet Cup Final: Rood vs Fort Boyard

Which fantasy draft team do you think would the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Welcome to the first ever Muppet Cup Final - our two finalists today both have fully fit squads to choose from. Rood starts with the same XI for the third successive match, whereas Fort Boyard has made 1 change from his SemiFinal winning team.

Vote now for the team you think would win the match!

TEAM ROOD

VanDerSar
DaniAlves--Ferdinand--Terry--Baines
Khedira------Busquets
Ronaldo------Kaka------Giggs
Eto'o

Subs: De Gea, Berbatov, Carrick

VS

FORT BOYARD

Hart
Maicon--Carvalho--Vidic--Marcelo
Mascherano
Xavi------Modric
Pato---------------------Pedro
Ibrahimovich

Subs: Green, Cassano, Dempsey​

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Now that's a great matchup, FB has got amazing midfield actually although Rood's attackers are better than FB's attackers. The defense are very similarly lined up however I feel FB's defense is marginally better due to Marcelo's inclusion over Rood's Baines.

I'm actually going for FB this time, as I feel his side is much more balanced and plus his midfield is amazing.

Scrumpet

There are no words
It was a close game. Team Rood stormed into the lead and Ronaldo and Eto'o fired him 2-0 up at HT. It looked like they had the game sewn up but then John Terry got sent off for being a twat. A quickfire Ibra double had the match finely poised but Pedro grabbed the winner for Fort Boyard in injury time.

AttackingFlair

Both are very good teams but I'm going to go for FB, mainly because while Kheidera and Busquets are good players, Xavi and Modric would easily run things in that midfield. Pedro and Pato are good finishers, Ibrahimovic has creativity and they also have Cassano off the bench.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
14-12

I guess that's as close as I might come all voting.

Just to say my part, I think that midfield is the important part of any team and I fail to see the true playmaker in Rood's team, he would need Giggs to put in a great performance in a playmaking style and allow him to drift into the centre to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I think players like Khedira and Baines are weak picks, somewhat unknown quantities, with Baines in particular liable to go missing in a match up against pedro/maicon.

Still Rood's team is class, even if I (inevitably) prefer mine.

Red-Indian

You just have to give it to Rood. FB's team lacks width - very dependant on the fullbacks for it.

I would've replaced Kaka with Berbatov but otherwise its just very well balanced.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Very tasty defence and midfield for FB.

Meanwhile for Rood, putting Khedira and Busquets together sounds like it's going to turn into a 6 at the back, 4 up front formation, though I reckon Alves and Giggs could combat that.

Overall, on the "who scores - wins" basis, I'm going with Rood.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
14-12

I guess that's as close as I might come all voting.

Just to say my part, I think that midfield is the important part of any team and I fail to see the true playmaker in Rood's team, he would need Giggs to put in a great performance in a playmaking style and allow him to drift into the centre to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I think players like Khedira and Baines are weak picks, somewhat unknown quantities, with Baines in particular liable to go missing in a match up against pedro/maicon.

Still Rood's team is class, even if I (inevitably) prefer mine.
I think you and many might be ignoring Kaka, might have had a few injury problems but he is still one of the top players in the world - there will be plenty of creativity with Giggs and Kaka supplying Eto'o and Ronaldo.

It is true that I have started with my most defensive line up to keep thing tight at the back and give a good balance to my world class attack - I believe my forward line is unstoppable so I just need to nulify your threat to win this one.
Also I do have exciting options on the bench if required, Carrick can come in for Khedira and Berbatov is an outstanding option to have in reserve.

My keeper is better than yours and we both have very strong defensive units - I will point out that Busquets plays ahead of Mascherano for Barca. But It is upfront where my team really excels - when we look at Ronaldo/Eto'o/Kaka vs Ibra/Pato/Pedro then there is no contest!

MalteseRedDevil

i voted for rood because ibra always disappears in the big games and it does not get any bigger than the muppet cup final.

Fort boyard will dominate possesion and create plenty of cahnces but Ibra and pato will fail to convert. Rood will hit them on the break with the pace of kaka ronaldo and eto.

Chapster

I went FB. not sure why but I think it just has that bit more balance in the line up
and the midfield 3 is superb

Mighty Boosh

I went with Fort Boyard too, in my opinion his defence and midfield is a lot stronger. Marcelo and Maicon are a great attacking outlet providing plenty of width down the flanks and with Xavi and Modric his team will definitely create chances. The only area where I feel Rood has an advantage is in the striking department where I feel Ibrahimovic lets down Fort Boyard's team and would even be tempted to replace him with Cassano

puNANI

Defence:
Van Der Sar > Hart
Daniel Alves > Maicon
Ferdinand > Carvahlo
Terry < Vidic
Baines > Vidic.

Roods team edges it on defence.

Midfield
Khedira < Mascherano
Busquets < Xavi
Kaka < Modric (Over their careers Kaka has been a way better player, but he hasn't show anything over the last two years to warrant more praise than Modric)

Forts team edges midfield comprehensively.

Forwards -
Ronaldo > Pato
Eto'o > Ibra
Giggs = Pedro

Rood again.

But for some reason I voted for Fort. It's just that it seems to be as if his team has more balance in the midfield, and whilst Rood's team can get at you individually, I think Forts team will be better at keeping the ball. Both teams have excellent defenses which are just separated by Van Der Sar being a better keeper than Hart.

I've forgotten about the bench. Roods shits on Fort's. Hrm may change my vote.

Chapster

glad this wasn't a run away like rood's other matches so far!

seems like we got a neutral's dream of a final!

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Close game. But Rood's balance and quality in every area shades it.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes this has been by far my hardest test - the last 2 match ups were just going through the motions!

I would like to point out that there is a lot of flexibility in my squad as my midfield and forward line is easily adapted to either 4-4-2 (with Kaka pushed forward to support Eto'o) or 4-3-3 (with Giggs dropping into midfield).

As we move in the latter part of the second half, I might well send on Berba and/or Carrick to try and exploit the space that starts appearing as FB chases the game - will hope to hit them on the counter with the speed of Ronaldo and Eto'o in particular

Status
Not open for further replies.