Fantasy Draft - Match 3: KM vs DESERT EAGLE

Which fantasy draft team gets your vote for matchday 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The line up for the first semi final of the Muppet Cup is now complete:https://www.redcafe.net/f7/fantasy-football-draft-316250/index7.html#post9502724

Now is the time to vote in the 3rd Quarter Final to see who is the first to progresses from the other side of the draw...

KM

Neuer
Sagna--Pepe--Chiellini--Evra
Song--Sahin
Mueller--Iniesta--Nasri
Drogba

Subs: Valdes, Aquilani, Fletcher

VS

THE DESERT EAGLES

Cech
Ivanovic--Vermaelen--Rodwell--Sakho
Schweinsteiger--Lampard--Alonso
Aguero--Torres--Messi

Subs: Adler, Bale, Wilshire​

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Attack vs Defence

I'm going for attack on this one, reckon any defensive weakness in the desert eagles team are made up for in goals, theoretically of course.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Aquilani on the bench sealed my decision.
He is actually playing well for Juventus this season, forcing his way back in the Italian NT, but yes my bench is weak.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
KM's team has more balance, thus sealing my vote.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think the average age of my team is under 25. I can understand the doubts over Sakho and Rodwell but the draft was about picking a side to build a team with not just for a one off match and I'd rather pick potentially great players than solid defenders near the end of their careers. If I win I'll probably tweak the formation and line up for the next game though. In my defense Bale and Wilshere on the bench is pretty f$#%ing amazing.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Desert Eagle's defence is a shambles. Looks like he went all out to get Messi and co that he forgot about the rest of his team.

SirAF

Ageist
Very very difficult, in the end I went with KM because of the overall balance.

B Cantona

Desperate
I'm not sure about Kevin 'Desert Eagle' Keegan's team balance there. You'd think a team with Messi in it would be a cakewalk in this competition, but I'm not so sure, that defence is a nightmare, and apart from Alonso perhaps, there's no real screening for them. Why is Sakho playing but Bale on the bench?! A young lad arguably out of position at the back in Rodwell... problems there

KM has a balanced side perhaps lacking that extra special touch of class, and nothing on the bench... I've just gone with Eagle's but I fear for him come the semi, and Rood must be licking his lips so far

Cal?

CR7 fan
Desert Eagle's defence is a shambles. Looks like he went all out to get Messi and co that he forgot about the rest of his team.
This, I just don't think that defence can hold up against any decent opposition.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
I'm not sure about Kevin 'Desert Eagle' Keegan's team balance there. You'd think a team with Messi in it would be a cakewalk in this competition, but I'm not so sure, that defence is a nightmare, and apart from Alonso perhaps, there's no real screening for them. Why is Sakho playing but Bale on the bench?! A young lad arguably out of position at the back in Rodwell... problems there

KM has a balanced side perhaps lacking that extra special touch of class, and nothing on the bench... I've just gone with Eagle's but I fear for him come the semi, and Rood must be licking his lips so far
exactly my first thought. wonder if he will elaborate on that.

The White Pele

Another close one, this. I'm backing KM to prevail - bit more solid at the back and enough creativity in Sahin, Nasri and Iniesta to produce goals.

Desert Eagle's side is extremely well set for the future though, whilst KM would probably have to go shopping for a striker fairly quickly.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Seeing the comments I'd probably change the line-up to

Cech
Ivanovic-Vermaelen- Sakho-Bale
Wilshere-Alonso
Lampard
Messi-Torres-Aguero

The reason i was against putting Bale at left back is because he primarily operates as a left winger and I think Rodwell is capable both in CM and CD.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Another close one, this. I'm backing KM to prevail - bit more solid at the back and enough creativity in Sahin, Nasri and Iniesta to produce goals.

Desert Eagle's side is extremely well set for the future though, whilst KM would probably have to go shopping for a striker fairly quickly.
Which was one of the main things discussed in our draft. Damn since i may actually lose this i would like to point out that KM's side has Aquilani and fletcher on the bench and only Drogba as a striker!

sorry km

arjwiz

You should probably put a tiny little recap of that rule (and any other such pertinent ones) at the top of the first post then. You would want the voters to be on the same page as you 'selectors/managers'

The White Pele

Which was one of the main things discussed in our draft. Damn since i may actually lose this i would like to point out that KM's side has Aquilani and fletcher on the bench and only Drogba as a striker!

sorry km
I get your point and the teams were chosen with that mind. But for the sake of this tournament when we're choosing starting XIs and tactics, its easier to compare the teams at a single point in time if that makes sense. That's my interpretation of it anyway.

Overall for the draft, there can be no outright winner really as we can all argue that we've chosen different selection strategies e.g short term success or building for the future. Whereas comparing XIs with a view to simulating a match makes it more clear cut and easier to decide on a winner.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I've still not voted on this one - cant decide

DE's front 6 are impressive but the defence is a joke - Rodwell is never going to be a CB for a start.

KM has better balance but lacks star quality and the bench is weak

hmmm ... latest score is dead even at 22 all so this vote could make all the difference !

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ivanovic at CB and Rodwell at right back would perhaps be the better solution, but regardless I reckon DE wins this quite easily, to counteract his amazing attack you need a fantastic defence and I don't think KM's defence is that great.

Torres, Messi, Bale et al.. dayum.

Excal

Sakho's primarily a CB at PSG, so I suppose sit Rodwell and move Sakho over for Bale. Still, Sakho's hardly a world-beater at CB either. There's really no combination of DE's defenders that adds up to a good defense.

Point Prunier

Sakho's primarily a CB at PSG, so I suppose sit Rodwell and move Sakho over for Bale. Still, Sakho's hardly a world-beater at CB either. There's really no combination of DE's defenders that adds up to a good defense.
Thats what i was thinking when i saw the team.

But i think Sakho is maybe a little better than the credit you appear to be giving him

Chapster

surely messi torres and aguero would take get a good look with pepe in the back and evra not being as good as he was.

Torres in poor form or not, messi is red red red hot

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Torres/Aguero/Messi is all well and good but KM has a good goalie, very good defense with good help from Sahin and Song.

The attack isn't too shabby as well.

I think that's not the reason KM will win though. More down to a very slow midfield for The Desert Eagles. A close one.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I've voted for KM - mostly because I just cant get over Rodwell at CB, I think that is DE's Lukaku moment !

I reckon DE has a better squad on paper but KM has more of balanced team - yesterday was close but this one was an even more difficult choice

sajeev

wow! it is even now at 30-30.

voted for KM, better team

AttackingFlair

For all those saying Bale at left back, maybe he's been shit most the time he's played there? I think the midfield would be better if it was Schweinsteiger, Alonso and Wilshere, solid platform with creativity.

Chapster

For all those saying Bale at left back, maybe he's been shit most the time he's played there? I think the midfield would be better if it was Schweinsteiger, Alonso and Wilshere, solid platform with creativity.
agree with this

vic090482

Voted for KM. Vermaelen is always injured, that would leave a gaping hole in the back for Drogba and Inestia to exploit...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Well injuries shouldnt really come into it to be honest - more about the recent and future potential ability of the players and team.

still very close, only a couple of votes in it - the respective managers might want to give it one last push to try and convince a few more to vote for them ...

KM

I've to admit that i'm a little puzzled by the lack of extra class in my team. I mean my teams contains Iniesta and Nasri who are probably the amongst the classier players in the world whereas Mueller was the Golden Boot winner at the WC and Sahin has probably been the best midfielder in German League this season. Drogba can destroy any defense on his day. So I think my attack is pretty good. My defense is good and the presence of Song gives it even more solidity. Although, the main weakness of my team is the bench which I admit is weak(a brainfart on my part).

DE's midfield and attack are very good but the defense is poor tbh. Rodwell is not even a defender and while Sakho is a central defender and only deputizes as a left back when necessary(sorta like Evans at left back). Vermaelen himself is not that great at defending, his poor positioning last season even cost Arsenal some goals.
Sorry DE!. But you started it :P

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I've to admit that i'm a little puzzled by the lack of extra class in my team. I mean my teams contains Iniesta and Nasri who are probably the amongst the classier players in the world whereas Mueller was the Golden Boot winner at the WC and Sahin has probably been the best midfielder in German League this season. Drogba can destroy any defense on his day. So I think my attack is pretty good. My defense is good and the presence of Song gives it even more solidity. Although, the main weakness of my team is the bench which I admit is weak(a brainfart on my part).

DE's midfield and attack are very good but the defense is poor tbh. Rodwell is not even a defender and while Sakho is a central defender and only deputizes as a left back when necessary(sorta like Evans at left back). Vermaelen himself is not that great at defending, his poor positioning last season even cost Arsenal some goals.
Sorry DE!. But you started it :P
Lets start with the GK who I don't think have been mentioned yet. Cech is arguably the best keeper in the world whereas Neuer was third choice for Germany just a couple years ago, has not played for a big club and only got the starting role at the WC because of an Injury to my substitute keeper.

In defense both right back in Sagna and Ivanovic are very good. Ivanovic offers a bigger goal threat and can also play center half but Sagna is very good at bombing forward as well. I think Vermaelen's injury has reduced his stock quite considerably. He was in the team of the year last season and being only 25 I'd have him over any of Km's center halves. Sakho is a bit of an unknown but he has captained France at all youth levels and at 21 is a huge prospect. Rodwell is definitely my weak link at the back. He started out his career at the back and was even touted as the next Rio at one stage but it is definitely not his best position. I do think KM has a better defense though not by a huge amount.

Midfield is Song,Sahin,Nasri vs Schweinsteiger--Lampard--Alonso. I think my midfield has more steel and experience than KM's especially when you consider that all three of his players have had only about 2-3 seasons between them where they were at the very top of their game whereas all three of my players have been regarded as the best at what they do for almost 15 years between them. Plus my bench has Bale and Wilshere whereas his has fletcher and Aquilani!!

Up top its a trio of Iniesta-Drogba-Mueller vs Aguero-Torres-Messi. I think my attacking options are clearly superior so I won't go on about it much.

Just want to add that my average age of my squad is under 24 which is a lot better than KMs.

KM

Lets start with the GK who I don't think have been mentioned yet. Cech is arguably the best keeper in the world whereas Neuer was third choice for Germany just a couple years ago, has not played for a big club and only got the starting role at the WC because of an Injury to my substitute keeper.

In defense both right back in Sagna and Ivanovic are very good. Ivanovic offers a bigger goal threat and can also play center half but Sagna is very good at bombing forward as well. I think Vermaelen's injury has reduced his stock quite considerably. He was in the team of the year last season and being only 25 I'd have him over any of Km's center halves. Sakho is a bit of an unknown but he has captained France at all youth levels and at 21 is a huge prospect. Rodwell is definitely my weak link at the back. He started out his career at the back and was even touted as the next Rio at one stage but it is definitely not his best position. I do think KM has a better defense though not by a huge amount.

Midfield is Song,Sahin,Nasri vs Schweinsteiger--Lampard--Alonso. I think my midfield has more steel and experience than KM's especially when you consider that all three of his players have had only about 2-3 seasons between them where they were at the very top of their game whereas all three of my players have been regarded as the best at what they do for almost 15 years between them. Plus my bench has Bale and Wilshere whereas his has fletcher and Aquilani!!

Up top its a trio of Iniesta-Drogba-Mueller vs Aguero-Torres-Messi. I think my attacking options are clearly superior so I won't go on about it much.

Just want to add that my average age of my squad is under 24 which is a lot better than KMs.
:lol:
Vermealen is not better than both Pepe and Chillieni, you're just making things up to suit yourself. The difference between my defense and yours defense is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.