Fantasy Draft - Match 3: KM vs DESERT EAGLE

Which fantasy draft team gets your vote for matchday 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
:lol:
Vermealen is not better than both Pepe and Chillieni, you're just making things up to suit yourself. The difference between my defense and yours defense is huge.
He's younger than both of them and a bigger goal threat. Also since one poster mentioned his injury record it should be noted that Pepe has only played 73 games in almost 4 seasons seasons at Madrid. I never said he was definitely better than both of them or anything like that. It's comes down to personal opinions at the end of the day and in my opinion I would rather have Vermaelen than either of your center halves( Pepe for sure, Chiellini is closer though.) ;)

Enigma_87

You know who
Lets start with the GK who I don't think have been mentioned yet. Cech is arguably the best keeper in the world whereas Neuer was third choice for Germany just a couple years ago, has not played for a big club and only got the starting role at the WC because of an Injury to my substitute keeper.

In defense both right back in Sagna and Ivanovic are very good. Ivanovic offers a bigger goal threat and can also play center half but Sagna is very good at bombing forward as well. I think Vermaelen's injury has reduced his stock quite considerably. He was in the team of the year last season and being only 25 I'd have him over any of Km's center halves. Sakho is a bit of an unknown but he has captained France at all youth levels and at 21 is a huge prospect. Rodwell is definitely my weak link at the back. He started out his career at the back and was even touted as the next Rio at one stage but it is definitely not his best position. I do think KM has a better defense though not by a huge amount.

Midfield is Song,Sahin,Nasri vs Schweinsteiger--Lampard--Alonso. I think my midfield has more steel and experience than KM's especially when you consider that all three of his players have had only about 2-3 seasons between them where they were at the very top of their game whereas all three of my players have been regarded as the best at what they do for almost 15 years between them. Plus my bench has Bale and Wilshere whereas his has fletcher and Aquilani!!

Up top its a trio of Iniesta-Drogba-Mueller vs Aguero-Torres-Messi. I think my attacking options are clearly superior so I won't go on about it much.

Just want to add that my average age of my squad is under 24 which is a lot better than KMs.
Cech is nowhere near the best goalkeeper in the world. He was before the injury, but is not the same. Neuer is a top goalkeeper, not the best certainly, but he's not that far off the current form Cech shows..

The defense is what sets you guys apart. Rodwell in there is like a patched variant. It's like United fielding Carrick as a CB. Sakho is not established player by any means, Bale is not a left back as well. The defense is really poor and not much though put into.

Your midfield is better I agree, mainly due to the more experienced players in there but a bit narrow. Nasri/Sahin/Song is not much worse tho. Sahin and Nasri both have been on fire this season and in better form than Alonso and Lampard.

Attack I give the edge to KM. Messi is definitely the best player in the world right now, but Drogba, Iniesta are both better than the other two options.

Really I would've given you the edge but the patched up defense kills you..

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Enigma_87;9507911[B said:
]Cech is nowhere near the best goalkeeper in the world. [/B]He was before the injury, but is not the same. Neuer is a top goalkeeper, not the best certainly, but he's not that far off the current form Cech shows..

He clearly is one of the best. I agree there was a period after his injury where his form dipped but he's been back to his best for a while now.Also proven at the top level for a big club side, something Neuer has never done.

The defense is what sets you guys apart. Rodwell in there is like a patched variant. It's like United fielding Carrick as a CB. Sakho is not established player by any means, Bale is not a left back as well. The defense is really poor and not much though put into.

Sakho is 21, a regular for his club, captained France at all youth levels and has been capped by the senior side. Also Rodwell is 20 and spent the early part of his teens paying center half hardly the same thing as Carrick filling in for United.

Your midfield is better I agree, mainly due to the more experienced players in there but a bit narrow. Nasri/Sahin/Song is not much worse tho. Sahin and Nasri both have been on fire this season and in better form than Alonso and Lampard.

Like I said all three have been doing well this season whereas my midfield have been amongst the very best at what they do for years and years. It's one of the reasons I left wilshere on the bench, because I don't think he is at the level of the other 3 yet.

Attack I give the edge to KM. Messi is definitely the best player in the world right now, but Drogba, Iniesta are both better than the other two options.

Really I would've given you the edge but the patched up defense kills you..
Any manager in the world would pick Torres over Drogba if given a straight choice, the age difference alone would guarantee that. Also like Vermaelen I think his current form is what is reducing his stock. Iniesta and Mueller are fantastic players. In fact Mueller is someone I rate very highly but I'd take Messi and Aguero over them any day.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I like to see the managers defending their teams!

still just 2 votes in it with KM ahead - we are approaching full time so if you havent voted then do it now - we might yet need extra time to get a clear winner ...

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I must confess that I didn't even know who Sahin was. That he keeps Fletcher out of the team is interesting.

But Desert Eagle's defence is puzzling - I can't believe he couldn't find a better central defender than Everton reserve central midfield Jack Rodwell - and I'd have found room for Bale in the starting XI.

KM it is.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's younger than both of them and a bigger goal threat. Also since one poster mentioned his injury record it should be noted that Pepe has only played 73 games in almost 4 seasons seasons at Madrid. I never said he was definitely better than both of them or anything like that. It's comes down to personal opinions at the end of the day and in my opinion I would rather have Vermaelen than either of your center halves( Pepe for sure, Chiellini is closer though.) ;)
Younger and bigger goal threat aren't the first things I would look for in a defender tbh.

vic090482

Well injuries shouldnt really come into it to be honest - more about the recent and future potential ability of the players and team.

still very close, only a couple of votes in it - the respective managers might want to give it one last push to try and convince a few more to vote for them ...
My point stands, Vermalen-Rodwell CB partnership would get murdered by any half decent striker.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
My point stands, Vermalen-Rodwell CB partnership would get murdered by any half decent striker.
I agree. I can't believe that the following weren't a better choice than Rodwell:

Carragher, Skrtel, Alex, Dawson, K.Toure, Cordoba, Thiago Silva,

Even Jagielka, who is at Everton!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I thought KM was going to take this one as he opened up a 4 vote gap but a late fightback from DE has bought it back to a difference of 2

we are into injury time and the whistle could go at any minute ...

KM

I thought KM was going to take this one as he opened up a 4 vote gap but a late fightback from DE has bought it back to a difference of 2

we are into injury time and the whistle could go at any minute ...
As Sir Alex would say, this is Squaky Bum time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Desert should have gone with 3-4-3 and it would easily be him winning for me, a formation that Chile used in the World Cup. Still, I think that defence isn't really that bad, while midfield and attack are ridiculously good so they would win.

Valentino

the Eagles have Messi, that is all need to know. those who votes against the team with messi in it, are delusional.

KM

the Eagles have Messi, that is all need to know. those who votes against the team with messi in it, are delusional.
Ok.

Team A

Almunia
McShane--Squillaci-Silvestre-Konchesky
Keith Andrews-Poulsen
Jovanovic-Obertan-Messi
Jo

Team B

VDS
Maicon-Vidic-Kompany-Cole
Essien-Xavi
Ronaldo-Fabregas-Iniesta