Fantasy Draft - Match 4: Fort Boyard vs SharkyMcShark

Which fantasy draft team gets your vote for matchday 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
We now know 3 of the SemiFinalists in the inaugural Muppet Cup, now is the time to vote in the last Quarter Final to see who is the last team to progress ...

FORT BOYARD

Hart
Maicon--Carvalho--Vidic--Marcelo
Mascherano
-Xavi------------Modric
Cassano
----Pato---------Ibrahimovich

Subs: Green, Pedro, Dempsey

VS

SHARKY MCSHARK

Cesar
Santon--Nesta--Kompany--Abidal
De Rossi--Scholes--Cambiasso
Villa--Milito--Silva

Subs: Stekelenberg, Park, Hazard​

B Cantona

Desperate
Boyard just has the AC Milan front line! Sometimes they look fantastic, more often they look patchy and certainly can't be relied on come the important game

I think Sharky has the more solid team. Two times out of three, I reckon they victor, even if they'd get dicked the third, so I'm going with them

K Stand Knut

This is actually more difficult than it looked first of all and I almost regretted my vote for a second.

I went with Sharky in the end though due to him having much, much better options on the bench and a front 3, which would almost guarantee a goal a game. Boyard's front 3 is exceptional but seems to consist of 3 players that could potentially not even turn up on the day.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fort Boyard's front three are more talented but are more eccentric and inconsistent too where as the front three of Sharky's are more solid and consistent. The rest of the team is pretty much same tbh. I think Sharky has the better team.

MalteseRedDevil

i think that a team with wingers would expose boyard. maicon and marcelo are good going forward but not so solid defensively. Also Cassano and Pato never track back.
But since sharkys team is very narrow i think that they would fail to expose this flaw. Therefore i'm going with Boyard in this one

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Wow forgot all about this, just logged in for the first time in ages how coincidental. I see my subs were picked for me, hilarious choices eh.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Wow forgot all about this, just logged in for the first time in ages how coincidental. I see my subs were picked for me, hilarious choices eh.
feck me, back from the dead! You hadnt been on since about Xmas so we gave up on you coming back to complete your team. you are actually lucky to get those subs, it could have much worse as the likes of Heskey were mentioned - anyway now you are here I suggest you start talking up your chances!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that Cassano would be a rubbish wide forward.

And that my team has Scholes
So you are both here - FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT ...

:D

Excal

I very much like Scholes, even at his current age, but I can't really give you points for him given that Boyard's got Xavi.

Boyard, your bench was picked in 3 different ways. Pedro was picked as one of the best players remaining, and a way to give your team width. Dempsey was picked as one of the three unselected players in the PL with the highest fantasy point totals. Green was picked because after England/USA, I cannot think of Rob Green without smirking, so I find him hilarious.

Actually, that both Green and Dempsey were picked is doubly hilarious.

Both teams have very strong and balanced midfields, but no width. Boyard's fullbacks will likely be better at providing width, but are more vulnerable defensively. Sharky's forwards are steadier, though Boyard's would have the benefit of familiarity. I like Vidic/Carvalho better than Kompany/Nesta, but I like Cesar better than Hart at this point.

Having carefully analyzed everything, I have voted for Boyard because the coin landed on "heads".

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Rood is smug cos he knows he's got the best side in this competition, I can tell!
:angel:

I went out of my way to resurrect this thing after it nearly died at Xmas - wasnt going to let that all star line up go to waste !

dont think my semi will be easy as the last match up though - never can be sure how the people of the Caf are going to vote ...

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Well if its not outside the rubric I think id probably be better playing something more akin to 4-1-2-1-2

------------Hart------------

Maicon---Carvalho---Vidic----Marcelo

----------Mascherano---------------

------Xavi------------Modric------

------------Cassano---------------

-------Pato----------Ibra----------

I understand the statement about being exposed at wing back, but the the virtue of this system is Mascherano will play very deep and the team would be focused heavily around possession football. My team are adept ball players with the exception of the DM. Plus Sharky has no wingers, so in this match-up such a (supposed) weakness at fullback will not be exposed.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
And did I pick bloody Joe Hart??

What glue was I sniffing then??

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
You are playing him in a front 3, hardly out and out winger now is he.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
feck me, back from the dead! You hadnt been on since about Xmas so we gave up on you coming back to complete your team. you are actually lucky to get those subs, it could have much worse as the likes of Heskey were mentioned - anyway now you are here I suggest you start talking up your chances!
Sorry mate, had a busy schedule with work and stuff kind of forgot about the place. Cheers for keeping my place warm.

Just remember I would have beaten you in the 2008 fantasy draft, even if you have this one sewn up!

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Both have solid defences but Sharky's midfield is aging badly. Not sure how they would be able to control the tempo for large parts of the game. Whereas Boyard's looks to be both dynamic and experienced enough to dominate possession, while his wingbacks are the best in the business offensively.

Boyard's team also has that little bit of genius up front with Cassano and Zlatan, even if they're both a little erratic.

Had to go with FortBoyard.

Valentino

well Scholesy on his day shits all over his opponents. so my vote to go Scholes team SHARKY MCSHARK

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
If its not too much bother could I have the edited formation from post #25 put in the OP, whenever a mod see this.

Think that formation may have cost me some early votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.