g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Draft - Pippa vs rpitroda

Who will win based on players'peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That's not a straightforward route to goal. Whipping in crosses is a mixed bag. On the best of days, you could get a couple of goals from crosses. On the worst of days, you could get this:
He has Pires, Brian and Michael Laudrup and Christian Vieri, not Valencia/Young/Rooney/whatnot.

A prime Drogba could not escape the death grip of Lúcio and Samuel, both aerially and on the ground. Neither could Ibrahimovic -- Lúcio tore his shirt in an aerial duel, for example.
Torn shirt implies he couldn't have him beat otherwise. You have Samuel there at Inter, not Silva.

Trippy has one major goalscoring threat in Vieri, I have two in Sánchez-Raúl. I'm not exactly sure why you would compare the aerial prowess of the three when Raúl was 1.77m, Sánchez was 1.75m, and Vieri was 1.86m.
As I said, I fully expect Raul to drop into a support role centrally and Zidane to largely play wide so I was comparing the two I believe will actually play as the referencia de area relative to the CB pairs dealing with them. Of course it isn't the only thing happening in the game (I actually think it will be Raúl scoring, not Sánchez).

Height statistics are irrelevant, my lasting memory of Sanchez is primarily the aerial route (headers and those wonderful bicycle kicks). He had Chicharito's instincts and movement, which enabled him to find himself unmarked, making height largely irrelevant. Again, much like Chicharito, he isn't the tallest, but height is only part of it. I can't believe I'm using Chicharito Hernandez to describe Sanchez :lol:

I'm not sure how you can argue that Silva might have trouble playing alongside any other central defender. He's done it all.
Great defender, but relative to Vieri you would prefer Samuel. Of course, relative to Laudrup, you want Silva. Again, I was very clear in that first post I was referring to cb pairs vs. strikers at hand.

I recall Lúcio playing alongside a younger Demichelis. The younger version of Lúcio always used to leave position and create gaps in defence when he ran up the field, a bit like David Luiz.
It is precisely that Lucio tendency to go AWOL which I think could cost you if you ended up chasing the game. A single great season with Mourinho doesn't change the player he was throughout his career.

Annahnomoss

If only you were here at the right time :(
Can't believe your team went to penalties, a monster of a team really. Back four which looks hard to upgrade even, three midfielders of the highest quality, wingers who are among the best non-tp wingers available.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Can't believe your team went to penalties, a monster of a team really. Back four which looks hard to upgrade even, three midfielders of the highest quality, wingers who are among the best non-tp wingers available.
Apparently people didn't see it that way!

What I find more frustrating is that you wait a week for someone to finally do their bit and submit their tactics after disappearing then suddenly and luck dictates that it'd be the day I couldn't comment much! @Pippa :lol:

Good game by the way, congrats @Pippa and good luck in the pennies :P.

RoadTrip

Also looking at the votes, both teams have a lot of support from the "hardcore" voters (those who vote regularly and take an interest in whats happening, rather than the quick glance voters). Rarely have I seen that happen I must admit. Shows it was actually a fairly decent game which divided opinion.

Annahnomoss

Apparently people didn't see it that way!

What I find more frustrating is that you wait a week for someone to finally do their bit and submit their tactics after disappearing then suddenly and luck dictates that it'd be the day I couldn't comment much! @Pippa :lol:

Good game by the way, congrats @Pippa and good luck in the pennies :P.
Yeah, not only does it lower the chances to win - but it makes it really boring as being there commenting is what makes it fun.

Annahnomoss

Also looking at the votes, both teams have a lot of support from the "hardcore" voters (those who vote regularly and take an interest in whats happening, rather than the quick glance voters). Rarely have I seen that happen I must admit. Shows it was actually a fairly decent game which divided opinion.
That is pretty rare indeed. Usually when it is an even game, one side has the support of the scan-voters and the other has the majority of the "real" voters.

VivaJanuzaj

Yeah that is surprising. As someone who voted for you're team I thought it will be won in a decent margin(like 5-6 votes), but apparently most "hardcore" voters voted for Pippa.

Annahnomoss

Yeah that is surprising. As someone who voted for you're team I thought it will be won in a decent margin(like 5-6 votes), but apparently most "hardcore" voters voted for Pippa.
I think it was dead even really in terms of the hardcore voters. 12-11 to Rpitroda when I counted them against each other but I did it fast.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I think both teams are really strong; individually and collectively. I thought that rpitroda´s United player would win the game, but surprisingly they didnt.

antohan

I'm not surprised. If you looked at both teams and were told it was a draw you would expect the team with a United back 5 to have gained more scan votes.

I still don't have a clue who would have won and have a feeling I didn't give Raúl his fair dues. Felt it was a draw so voted towards that.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I'm not surprised. If you looked at both teams and were told it was a draw you would expect the team with a United back 5 to have gained more scan votes.

I still don't have a clue who would have won and have a feeling I didn't give Raúl his fair dues. Felt it was a draw so voted towards that.
I agree. Pens is a fair result here if you ask me. No clear winner IMO

antohan

Indeed. And I also think Pires and Vieri in particular aren't so highly rated here. Laudrup is rated highly but also potentially below what he should be. He is up there with Zidane, if not then he isn't far off.
On the caf? No, he isn't.

RoadTrip

On the caf? No, he isn't.
If you look at accolades, and the way he was commented on, he is. Voted the best player in Spain for a 25 year period which included some of the best players born. Granted that is just one thing, but if people think Cambiasso and Alonso can do a job on him they are off their nut. Alonso is a great player, but we aren't talking about Makalele here. His strengths lie in different places.

RoadTrip

I do agree Raul doesn't always get the credit he deserves. He was a marvellous player.

I have to admit the discussion for this match didn't go how I expected to be honest. I thought itd be more focused on how Sanchez and Raul can certainly hit my defence but would they get the supply? And at the other end, how would Pippa handle my width. It was touched on but somehow we ended up going more into detail about the midfield scrap, an area where I thought I had an advantage clearly.

antohan

If you look at accolades, and the way he was commented on, he is. Voted the best player in Spain for a 25 year period which included some of the best players born. Granted that is just one thing, but if people think Cambiasso and Alonso can do a job on him they are off their nut. Alonso is a great player, but we aren't talking about Makalele here. His strengths lie in different places.
You are trying to convince the wrong person. I have had Laudrup and Zidane before and know full well which one I needed to sell and which one I was better off shutting up because he was already sold over and above how much I rated him.

crappycraperson

Scout
Pippa wins the toss and elects to shoot first.. VDS take out his jersey from Moscow and puts it on... Raul first up with ball in Hand

crappycraperson

Scout
Pippa - First Pen

Raul points towards the left, runs in and puts it away... VDS stayed put to try to call his bluff but no cigar.

Pippa - O
Trippy -

crappycraperson

Scout
Big man Vieri is first up for trippy .. Pagiluca is seen hurling expletives in his fellow Italian's direction ..

crappycraperson

Scout
Rpitroda- First Pen

Vieira blasts a cracking shot to his left but Pagiluca is up to the mark! Stunning save!

Pippa - O
Trippy - X