Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Withnail

I guess the easy replacement is Castagne to Chilwell right?
Feck I already have Chilwell. Not many options at the price at the moment.

Maybe Zouma or Mings?

Dunno if I should go for someone like Kilman and upgrade Rodriguez to Rashford.

I already have Saiss so not sure I want to double up on Wolves defenders.

Neo_Mufc

Done

Maybe Zouma or Mings?

My advice would be try not to double up on players as this strategy rarely works or imo anyway. Have a look at the fixtures and see who has a nice run coming up.

Players you could consider: Tierney (not one I like), Dallas/Ayling, AWB, Mings? I'm not saying throw them in but just look at everyone before you double up.

Withnail

Done

My advice would be try not to double up on players as this strategy rarely works or imo anyway. Have a look at the fixtures and see who has a nice run coming up.

Players you could consider: Tierney (not one I like), Dallas/Ayling, AWB, Mings? I'm not saying throw them in but just look at everyone before you double up.
Yeah I hear you and I don't want to double up but I also feel Rashford will get more points from here on in than Rodriguez and to upgrade him I'd need to downgrade Castaigne.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Maybe Zouma or Mings?

What is your defence at the minute?

I wouldn't overthink Kilman too much. A 4.1m defender is usually a third sub and if you get anything out of him he's a bonus. In Kilmans case he's currently starting and if he isn't starting he gives you the insurance of covering Saiss who you already have. Atleast 1 of them will play every game and it's great to have Wolves cover, one of the best defensive teams in the league

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see Antonio has been ruled out for 4 weeks apparently. Back to the drawing board, might be no ignoring Hatrick Bamford.

Also has me questioning Cresswells attacking potential (who I own)
I did wonder about a couple of posters on fantasy scout considering him as he came off at half time clearly injured last week.
So 4 weeks seems a natural outcome.

A few injuries dotting around. Seem to be ok at the moment so hopefully a decent week sees me back up.
I'm tempted on Bamford. Sometimes you only get so many warnings, and a hatrick and scoring in about 4 separate games must be a huge one. Similar to DCL really.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
#2 in the Redcafe league is a ghost team with Kane as captain, Son, but Werner as third sub!

sillwuka

Martinez
Dallas Saiss Chilwell
Grealish Salah Son Foden Pereira
Calvert Lewin Kane

My team for the weekend, i'm not that confident to be honest..​

Withnail

What is your defence at the minute?

I wouldn't overthink Kilman too much. A 4.1m defender is usually a third sub and if you get anything out of him he's a bonus. In Kilmans case he's currently starting and if he isn't starting he gives you the insurance of covering Saiss who you already have. Atleast 1 of them will play every game and it's great to have Wolves cover, one of the best defensive teams in the league
Well that's the problem I already have a rubbish third sub defender whose never going to play and haven't had a chance to swap out yet.

I have two transfers and my team is

McCarthy/Ryan

Chilwell Walker-Peters Saiss (Castagne BranthWaite)

Rodriguez Salah Son Fernandes (Jorginho)

DCL Ings Bamford

I could bring in Kilman/Zouma for BranthWaite/Castagne but I think it could be a good time to get rid of Rodriguez.
His fitness is iffy again for this week and Zaha/Grealish are cheaper and have a kinder run of fixtures.

Nickosaur

Chilwell seems an obvious option now but I'm going to need to wait until after this deadline before I bring him in. I'll then have 2x FTs and a bit more flexibility.
Team for this gameweek is looking like:
Martinez
Robertson / Saiss / Justin
Rodriguez / Salah / Son / Barkley
Kane (C) / DCL / Jimenez
Bench: Mitchell / Taylor / Alzate

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Brought in Rashford (when I already have Bruno). Downgraded Semedo to Konsa which enabled me to drop James and get Rashford.

Think its a good move in the long term, I'm fully backing United :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Have to get rid of Castagne. Which one of the below would people suggest?

Saiss
AWB
Kilman
Bellerin

My other defenders are: Robertson, Chilwell, Ayling and Lewis.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Wolves vs Palace is awkward for me. I have Saiss in my team so a Wolves clean sheet would be nice but Zaha is my vice captain. Frank Lampard has floated the idea that Timo Werner might take Chelsea's penalties after Jorginho missed during the week. Yes please, Frank!

I have tossed up the idea of replacing Aurier with Ruben Diaz or Kurt Zouma but I'm somewhat keen to go into next weekend with two free transfers instead of one.

Patchbeard

My previous mantra was never to pick our players, due to us being so unpredictable from 2016-2019 so it made it even more frustrating watching us! That suddenly changed second half of last season post Bruno signing and it was essential to have Bruno + two of Martial/Rashford/Greenwood.

This season I'm not sure...Greenwood looks too expensive, Bruno is debatable vs KDB, Martial would be a shoe-in if he was still Midfielder but he's not, whereas Rashford looks like the best bet because he's now the 'midfielder' when it looks like we might start playing 2 up more regularly.

I'm erring on the side of caution for a bit longer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tempted to ditch Robertson and Grealish for Bellerin and Rashford... Thoughts?

Leonzo1

Had 2 free transfers this week. I was pretty happy with my team so I swapped Ryan for Steer to save some funds. Now I'm fecked with Castagane injured and Mitchell and James in doubt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tempted to ditch Robertson and Grealish for Bellerin and Rashford... Thoughts?
I'm looking to bring Grealish in rather than ditch him. Probably the best fixtures in the league between now and GW15, very promising stats and Villa are a decent team. Might take penalties too.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What are peoples thoughts on Bamford? Is he going to carry on with this crazy run?

I was going to swap Castagne to Saiss or Kilman but I have enough cover to do this next week because I can do Maupay to Bamford... Not sure if that's a worthwhile move...

Adcuth

What are peoples thoughts on Bamford? Is he going to carry on with this crazy run?

I was going to swap Castagne to Saiss or Kilman but I have enough cover to do this next week because I can do Maupay to Bamford... Not sure if that's a worthwhile move...
Personally I think he'll carry on getting goals for the majority of the season unless Leeds have a major drop in form.

Sarni

I'm looking to bring Grealish in rather than ditch him. Probably the best fixtures in the league between now and GW15, very promising stats and Villa are a decent team. Might take penalties too.
That makes sense. I won't mess with my team.

Nickosaur

He won't keep this up. Well, he might. Either way I'm a stubborn bastard and he's not getting into my team.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I aint touching my team this week. Ideally I'd move on Maupay but think the 2 transfers next week will be more valuable. Everyone else has decent enough fixtures on paper. Salah captain again.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
My previous mantra was never to pick our players, due to us being so unpredictable from 2016-2019 so it made it even more frustrating watching us! That suddenly changed second half of last season post Bruno signing and it was essential to have Bruno + two of Martial/Rashford/Greenwood.

This season I'm not sure...Greenwood looks too expensive, Bruno is debatable vs KDB, Martial would be a shoe-in if he was still Midfielder but he's not, whereas Rashford looks like the best bet because he's now the 'midfielder' when it looks like we might start playing 2 up more regularly.

I'm erring on the side of caution for a bit longer.
im the same and wary I still need to get in early for the differential scores. Rashford is probably how I will start off but I’m happy to just watch us do well against arse and start seriously thinking about our players after Everton. My other picks just have easier matches and while the form backs it up it would be silly to gamble. I think Arsenal and Everton will be tight games Ole won’t want to concede first and foremost. I was expecting goals v Chelsea but I think it will be more of the same for the next few weeks while everything starts to click in the league.

we have a few potential bargain players. If maguire starts knocking in a few corners and our defence tightens up I reckon he’ll shoot up the rankings fast and 5.4 million is decent. Same with AWB.

Rashford at 9.4 is cheap if we keep playing 2 up front. He’ll be up there for goals at the end of the season.

Greenwood looks like he’s fit again but I’m wary of rotation with him so I’m happy to watch for now

I think Bruno is essential once the fixtures change and if Liverpool keep stuttering I’ll probably take salah and grealish or Zaha out for Bruno and rashford.

Last edited:

KennyBurner

Does anyone have a list of each penalty taker for each team? Making a team full of penalty takers could probably win the whole tournament.

Leonzo1

Tempted to bin Rodriguez. Out for this week then he plays against us so not expecting him to do much, but after GW 8 he has great fixtures again. Thoughts?

Sarni

Tempted to bin Rodriguez. Out for this week then he plays against us so not expecting him to do much, but after GW 8 he has great fixtures again. Thoughts?
Depends on how much you bought him for?

He's still very likely to outperform his current price tag over the rest of season.

Sarni

Does anyone have a list of each penalty taker for each team? Making a team full of penalty takers could probably win the whole tournament.
It is available in Fantasy Premier League app.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So with Rodriguez out and Castagne out, I had to do two transfers on a week where I was struggling to even think of one. Got rid of Castagne and Maupay for Saiss and Bamfrod with Ayling first sub when Rodriguez doesn't play.

Wont make a sub this coming week and give me two free transfers for the international break.

Watch the Bamford train stop now hahaha

Paul_Scholes18

So with Rodriguez out and Castagne out, I had to do two transfers on a week where I was struggling to even think of one. Got rid of Castagne and Maupay for Saiss and Bamfrod with Ayling first sub when Rodriguez doesn't play.

Wont make a sub this coming week and give me two free transfers for the international break.

Watch the Bamford train stop now hahaha
You not worried that Saiss gets benched? I have him on my bench at the moment.
Feels like his days as wingback is over and he got to fight with Kilman now for a spot in the team.
Coady would probably have been the safe pick. Granted much lower ceiling.

Sarni

Feels like his days as wingback is over and he got to fight with Kilman now for a spot in the team.
Coady will not get any offensive returns, he hasn't had a shot since he came to Premier League, but he's nailed on to play 90 minutes every single game which is good as you'll benefit from Wolves clean sheets.

My sweet spot for defense, having shipped Digne out, is Robertson, Chilwell, Cresswell, Coady and Bellerin. First three always feature for offensive returns, the last two will play whenever the fixtures are right and also depending on who is available in midfield and attack. I do not necessarily like that my only fodder right now is Brewster, and even he will be playing for Sheffield. Everyone else is basically a nailed starter and good... time to use bench boost soon I guess.

Leonzo1

My sweet spot for defense, having shipped Digne out, is Robertson, Chilwell, Cresswell, Coady and Bellerin. First three always feature for offensive returns, the last two will play whenever the fixtures are right and also depending on who is available in midfield and attack. I do not necessarily like that my only fodder right now is Brewster, and even he will be playing for Sheffield. Everyone else is basically a nailed starter and good... time to use bench boost soon I guess.
Wow that looks like a massive overkill in defence. How does your attack and midfield look like with this much firepower at the back?
Very few clean sheets this season so far, not sure I'll ever go with more then the minimum 3 defenders, let alone 5 high budget ones.
On the other hand I'm having an atrocious starts so far so what do I know.

Paul_Scholes18

Coady will not get any offensive returns, he hasn't had a shot since he came to Premier League, but he's nailed on to play 90 minutes every single game which is good as you'll benefit from Wolves clean sheets.

If we didn't have a budget I would pick Patricio and Semedo from Wolves if anyone. Although Semedo is no Doherty either.

Didn't Coady score for England though? Maybe he will finally get one on a corner for Wolves too?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Kilman will get benched when they're all fit.

If Saiss is benched, I have Ayling and Lewis on my bench to cover.

Then I'll just swap him out later. No risk.