Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Mcking

Couldn't find a way to bring in De Bruyne without sacrificing Vardy, Salah or Fernandes which I'm not willing to do. Gone with Balbuena to Cresswell, and Stephens to Foden for a hit.

Yet to lock on a captain.

Martinez (MCI/NEW)

Robertson (MUN/BUR)
Cresswell (BUR/WBA)
Coufal (BUR/WBA)

Salah (MUN/BUR)
Fernandes (LIV/FUL)
Grealish (MCI/NEW)
Foden (CRY/AVL)
Bowen (BUR/WBA)

Vardy (SOU/CHE)
Bamford (BHA)

Subs: Button, Adams, Mitchell, Taylor

Not the sexiest team for the gameweek, but I hope to nail my captain. Hope Grealish and Fernandes get through their first games without bookings too.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Using my wildcard. My team so far:

Martinez
Justin Coufal Stones
Salah Bruno KDB Foden Maddison
Vardy Bamford

Bench: Shaw, Mitchell, Brewster

I can also switch Kane for Vardy with Foden for Soucek. Thoughts?

Mcking

Do you reckon it's worth taking a -4 to go Vardy > Kane for the double? Kane just seems too consistent and Sheffield are fodder.
Vardy just needs to turn up in both games to score four points. Kane would need to score at least one goal and two bonus points in the Sheffield United game to match that.

Patchbeard

I'm bench boosting this week because I've planned for this GW with actually having players who do play, but I hate having the quandary ongoing on who to bench so will be downgrading my bench straight after.

BB team is:
Martinez/Areola
Cancelo/Stones/Justin/Coufal/Struijk
Salah/KDB/Bruno/Soucek/Neto
Kane/Cavani/Antonio

So only Struijk, Neto & Kane have single fixtures and they are easy on paper.

Then the ongoing plan would be to swiftly ditch Areola, Coufal, Neto + Antonio/Cavani for a cheapo GK, DF + FW in order to upgrade Neto to probably one of Rashford/Son/Grealish in the starting 11.

Mcking

Nope, no money either :lol: so have to take -8 to change Foster.
So tripple captain or nothing then you reckon?
Bamford against Brighton, Tottenham defender against Sheffield United, and Arsenal defender against Newcastle definitely looks a bit too good to have on the bench, honestly. Glad I'm not the one in your position. Haha.

You will get ample chances to use the Triple Captain this season, but apart from the big double coming up in GW26 where you could activate the second wildcard in GW25 to build a GW26 Bench Boost, I don't think you would get a better chance to use it than now.

BootsyCollins

Bamford against Brighton, Tottenham defender against Sheffield United, and Arsenal defender against Newcastle definitely looks a bit too good to have on the bench, honestly. Glad I'm not the one in your position. Haha.

You will get ample chances to use the Triple Captain this season, but apart from the big double coming up in GW26 where you could activate the second wildcard in GW25 to build a GW26 Bench Boost, I don't think you would get a better chance to it than now.
Thanks for all the advice mate. I think i will go for bench boost.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Doesn't sound like it will be postponed, no talk of it at all. But Im just on the outside of Leeds, close to airport and it's still very bad. Buses still cancelled round this area.
Aren't games usually cancelled for snow these days due more to travel than just snow on the pitch though? Won't be any of those issues next week.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I heard the Shrewsbury manager for Covid... Could that mean the Leeds v Soton match could be back on!?!?

Paul_Scholes18

I'm not sure whether to play it or not as I have two Soton and two Leeds players on the bench!
Will you ever have a better bench? I say it is probably worth playing.

I think I am going Brewster and bench boosting this week. To carry a 15 man strong squad is not heallthy.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Will you ever have a better bench? I say it is probably worth playing.

I think I am going Brewster and bench boosting this week. To carry a 15 man strong squad is not heallthy.
Normally I agree, but my bench is:

Forster, Ayling, Dallas, Adams

Forster probably won't play
Ayling will probably concede and get 2 points
Dallas is a beast and is the main reason I would play the chip
Adams is useless

A part of me just says to play it so I can work on freeing up the funds on my bench and not worry about this stupid chip

But the other part of me thinks I'm simply playing a chip for Dallas...

Also, a strong bench in this crazy year isn't necessarily a bad thing...

K Stand Knut

McCarthy/Forster
Target/Holding/Davies/Mitchell/Dunne
Fernandes/Zaha/Son/Grealish/Podence
Kane/Vardy/DCL

Wondering whether to FH or WC? What to people think. I’m quite happy with the team overall but don’t think I’ve a) got enough DGW players or b) got enough city with their run of fixtures.

More inclined to WC because I think it’ll be more beneficial long-term and allows a FH later

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
McCarthy/Forster
Kane/Vardy/DCL

Wondering whether to FH or WC? What to people think. I’m quite happy with the team overall but don’t think I’ve a) got enough DGW players or b) got enough city with their run of fixtures.

More inclined to WC because I think it’ll be more beneficial long-term and allows a FH later
I would wildcard the shit out of that team personally but totally up to you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any. news on Leeds Brighton? Snow is bad in west yorkshire. Some buses in Leeds have been canceled because of the snow. I wonder if the game will be called or push a few days,
Snow postponement in the top flight are usually due to conditions outside the ground.
With no fans id doubt that it would get called off as all prem games have undersoil heating

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My TC options:

KDB - do I trust pep? Is he even in good form? Are City actually in good form?

Bruno - Liverpool game could be cagey and he’s on 4 yellows so could easily miss the second game

Rashford - not in form

Soucek - could actually be a great option with his fixtures. Feels weird going off meta though

Mcking

McCarthy/Forster
Kane/Vardy/DCL

Looks like a Wildcard to me, but you never know.

Deery

Dreary
Yep. Were playing Villa who had a covid outbreak.
Then they gave Villa Newcastle as a second game .
Thanks, was wondering why when I seen Villa playing, it’s a tad unfair on Everton haven’t got a game..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok friends. Line up as below. Doublers in CAPS

MENDY (4m non playing keeper)
DIAS STONES JUSTIN TAYLOR Dier
DE BRUYNE BRUNO GREALISH Son Smith Rowe
WATKINS Bamford Kane

What to do
1)Triple captain? KDB looks the only choice really.
2)Bench boost has the problem of
a)No second keeper
b)Taylor has a double but is still 50-50 for tomorrow and has Liverpool in his 2nd game
c)Smith Row/Bamford/3 Tottenham boys only have singles
3)Play neither chip (or still if i go TC) - how do I get Justin into my starting 11? Looks to me like i'd need to risk leaving out Bamford (great home game v Brighton) or Dier (away to dreadful SU)
Can't leave any of the other 9 out.

0.5m in bank

Coufal and Soucek would be nice to get in - Taylor to Coufal works. But then i'd have Justin & Coufal to try and get into the 11. That'd need a BB but a 4m keeper would only stretch to 4.2 and no-one plays on that. (Forster played 90 for Southampton last game, but surely just while McCarthy was injured)
Would a BB be worth it with Justin/Coufal/Smith Rowe on it? 5 games between them?

What should we do here?

Deery

Dreary
My TC options:

KDB - do I trust pep? Is he even in good form? Are City actually in good form?

Bruno - Liverpool game could be cagey and he’s on 4 yellows so could easily miss the second game

Rashford - not in form

Soucek - could actually be a great option with his fixtures. Feels weird going off meta though
If it was me I’d play it safe and go KDB.

Mcking

Stop me from putting TC on Vardy.
Chelsea and Southampton has two of the best defensive record in the league. Two home games, and Vardy has scored like one goal at home all season.

Poor underlying stats, and relies heavily on penalties which has been far and few lately. Hasn't scored from open play in last five games. Dodgy fitness as well.

I'm probably going to Triple Captain him btw.