Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Paul_Scholes18

Definitely a good case for it to be honest, with cheaper players getting decent numbers. But they’ll still surely be up there with the highest performing defenders by the end
To be honest I have no idea which defense to invest in. Martinez in goal feels fine.
There is a case for West Ham, but they got tricky games. Surely can't keep getting them?

Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Leicester, Everton, Wolves all look suspect to some degree in defense.
Maybe without Kepa Chelsea will improve, but they conceded 3 vs West Brom though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be honest I have no idea which defense to invest in. Martinez in goal feels fine.
There is a case for West Ham, but they got tricky games. Surely can't keep getting them?

Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Leicester, Everton, Wolves all look suspect to some degree in defense.
Maybe without Kepa Chelsea will improve, but they conceded 3 vs West Brom though.
Has to be attacking defenders. Castagne is looking good.

Paul_Scholes18

Has to be attacking defenders. Castagne is looking good.
The fixtures are getting worse for Leicester. I got Justin and may need to bench him at times.
Villa next looks hard after tonight as well.

We will see if the big teams improve things though. Or if the smaller sides keep scoring goals and getting wins.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
When using wildcard, is there a way to take advantage of the price rises? Anyone looking at getting a double rise in next couple of weeks? As I know you only gain the 0.1 if a player you own goes up by 0.2.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
When using wildcard, is there a way to take advantage of the price rises? Anyone looking at getting a double rise in next couple of weeks? As I know you only gain the 0.1 if a player you own goes up by 0.2.
There is if people go up enough and you keep an eye on who's rising. You could put in players who you don't plan on keeping and bag the .1.

Problem is, a lot of people are gonna wildcard now, and wildcarded transfers don't affect prices.

Dan_F

Good luck to anyone wildcarding. Enjoy two weeks mulling over that gameweek! I’m going to try and forget out FF for at least a week. I think only Mitro is going to drop from my team, so I’ll take that 0.1 on the chin, so that I still have a free transfer when players are back from the internationals.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Saïss got nobbed down to only two bonus points. Looks like I will have 26. I imagine this will be one of my worst weeks ever compared to the average, which is over 57 for the top 10k.

Paul_Scholes18

This is the most crazy start to a season I can remember. Many pens, lots of goals and clean sheet very hard to predict.
Many players with megascores with 3-4 returns or more.
Feels like you either get a big haúl or nothing.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bruno out for Son then? I want to keep Bruno in, at least for all his pens, but Son is surely better value

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So annoying that I had Son and Bissouma on the bench. Especially Son, because I had him in the team until the very last minute when I read on Reddit that people thought Mourinho would bring him on for the last 5 minutes if he was fit. I'll never be looking at Reddit again.

Played my WC to hopefully take advantage of price movements.

Went from:

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Castagne
Salah, KDB, Son, Klich
DCL, Jiminez, Mitrobitch

Subs: Steer, Dallas, Bissouma, Taylor

To this badboy of a team:

McCarthy
TAA, Saiss, Chilwell
Salah, Sterling, Son, Rodriguez
DCL, Maupay, Wilson

Subs: Steer, Ayling, Bissouma, Ream

I can easily take out Wilson for Bamford and save some cash to do things like upgrade McCarthy to Martinez but I feel Wilson being on pens makes him a more attractive option.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bruno out for Son then? I want to keep Bruno in, at least for all his pens, but Son is surely better value
I've done it. Son in before the rise. If I switch TAA to Robertson, it allows for Klich to Rodriguez, which I'll do slowly with free transfers, all going well. Cue Son getting the rona in the break.

Paul_Scholes18

So annoying that I had Son and Bissouma on the bench. Especially Son, because I had him in the team until the very last minute when I read on Reddit that people thought Mourinho would bring him on for the last 5 minutes if he was fit. I'll never be looking at Reddit again.

Went from:

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Castagne
Salah, KDB, Son, Klich
DCL, Jiminez, Mitrobitch

McCarthy
TAA, Saiss, Chilwell
DCL, Maupay, Wilson

I can easily take out Wilson for Bamford and save some cash to do things like upgrade McCarthy to Martinez but I feel Wilson being on pens makes him a more attractive option.
I am not sure you are doing enough to justify the wildcard for this week. Could have just brought in Wilson if you want big points vs us ;) if you had the cash I should say.
The rest you get got tricky fixtures. James could do well vs Liverpool, but they might want revenge.
I would have waited one more week, but it could work well. It is a crazy season.
Everton vs Liverpool could be 4-4 and then Newcastle vs us could be high scoring too.

starman

Such a piss take, I have 4m in the bank and decided to get Kane as he is going up tonight, I am replacing Wilson who is the third highest scorer but has dropped 0.1.from his original 6.5 m:rolleyes: i now need to find 0.1 and spend 4 points:mad:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Had to take a hit because Chilwell and Son must be going up soon.

Ryan
Chilwell Digne Robertson
Grealish KDB Salah Son Rodriguez
DCL Maupay

Bench Brewster Mitchell and two fodders

I am not going to rotate at all. Me rotating has cost me 16-point performance from Maupay and 24-point performance from Grealish. Fixtures don’t seem to be important anymore.

Neo_Mufc

61 points. Not particularly happy because my captain was KDB.

I've left the captaincy on him twice in a row now because he's going to be at the top but I'm starting to think this is a stupid strategy.

Anyone?

I also have 2 transfers. I need to bring in Son or Kane but it looks like their price will increase. Is it due tonight?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
61 points. Not particularly happy because my captain was KDB.

I've left the captaincy on him twice in a row now because he's going to be at the top but I'm starting to think this is a stupid strategy.

Anyone?

I also have 2 transfers. I need to bring in Son or Kane but it looks like their price will increase. Is it due tonight?
Yeah both set to rise tonight.

Skåre Willoch

86 points. Quite happy with that.
My defense is shite, though. Need a total revamp, with rotations etc. happening. I have two FTs and looking to get rid of two of Dunne, Mitchell and Reece James.
Also not happy picking Zaha over Grealish. Zaha has green fixtures for weeks, but Palace isn't exactly a gung ho offense. I can do the swap now, but probably waiting until after the break. Squad value is already 101.4, so not to bothered about price changes.

James -> Cresswell/Masuaku and Zaha -> Grealish? Yay or Nay?

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I am not sure you are doing enough to justify the wildcard for this week. Could have just brought in Wilson if you want big points vs us ;) if you had the cash I should say.
The rest you get got tricky fixtures. James could do well vs Liverpool, but they might want revenge.
I would have waited one more week, but it could work well. It is a crazy season.
Everton vs Liverpool could be 4-4 and then Newcastle vs us could be high scoring too.
I know what you're saying but whenever i play WC, certain players will remain (Son, Salah, TAA, DCL). These are my season keepers and will only get rid of there is injury, and with their price, they're easy to replace.

Playing the WC let's me get the other players I really want (Chilwell, Sterling, Rodriguez and Maupay) whilst avoiding paying more for them...

With that said, question:

Wilson and McCarthy Vs Bamford and Martinez?

Skåre Willoch

I know what you're saying but whenever i play WC, certain players will remain (Son, Salah, TAA, DCL). These are my season keepers and will only get rid of there is injury, and with their price, they're easy to replace.

Playing the WC let's me get the other players I really want (Chilwell, Sterling, Rodriguez and Maupay) whilst avoiding paying more for them...

Wilson and Martinez?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Wilson and Martinez?
That was what I wanted but I'm 0.1 off unfortunately. Not sure where to get that as I'm really happy with the rest of the team:

McCarthy
TAA, Saiss, Chilwell
DCL, Wilson, Maupay

Skåre Willoch

That was what I wanted but I'm 0.1 off unfortunately. Not sure where to get that as I'm really happy with the rest of the team:

McCarthy
TAA, Saiss, Chilwell
DCL, Wilson, Maupay

McCarthy and Wilson it is, then. I still don't trust Bamford, and I think he'll lose his spot to that spanish fella in a couple of weeks.

Paul_Scholes18

I can also get Robertson in place of TAA but I just know that's a disaster waiting to happen.
I think Robertson has looked more involved in attack so far. Main thing with TAA is the direct freekicks I think.
If we actually had any solid defenses with premium picks I would maybe invest in them.

Coleman, Bellerin could be good picks I think at good value. Although Arsenal got fairly tricky fixtures I think.

Paul_Scholes18

McCarthy and Wilson it is, then. I still don't trust Bamford, and I think he'll lose his spot to that spanish fella in a couple of weeks.
It was Wilson or DCL at the start for me. Now it feels like I should have got both somehow.
Think the main problem for me has been Werner. With almost every other starting premium striker scoring well he has been a problem.

Paul_Scholes18

The thing about Chilwell is I fear he might be dropped too if Chelsea have a shocking game maybe against Southampton.
Reece James has started the season fairly well, but got dropped and could be back with Azpilicueta moving to the left.
I guess Chilwell cost a lot so might be more secure.

I had him for the 9-0 game last season which was nice. Apart from that game he was pretty average.
Castagne is a good player that you let go for him.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
The thing about Chilwell is I fear he might be dropped too if Chelsea have a shocking game maybe against Southampton.
Reece James has started the season fairly well, but got dropped and could be back with Azpilicueta moving to the left.

I had him for the 9-0 game last season which was nice. Apart from that game he was pretty average.
Reece James has lost his starting spot to Azpi. He's only played well in 1 game, the game against Brighton where he score and assisted. Its great for FPL but in reality he's defensively very poor.
Chillwell is guaranteed starting LB for every game he is fit to play. I actually took a -4 to dropped James for Chillwell and bagged a cool 18points. Trust me on this, Azpi and Chillwell for our RB and LB respectively is probably the most guaranteed starters in our back 4. Only injury will change that.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Yeah Castagne was one I didn't want to drop but Leicester will keep conceding it looks like and therefore he has to keep getting attacking returns... For 5.7, I need him to be in a more solid defense...

Chilwell is 0.2 cheaper in a defense that should settle soon and is on corners.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Went from:

McCarthy
TAA, KWP, Castagne
Salah, KDB, Son, Klich
DCL, Jiminez, Mitrobitch

McCarthy
TAA, Saiss, Chilwell
DCL, Maupay, Wilson

Why did you swap Dallas for Ayling out of interest? I've actually gone the other way :lol:

His attacking stats look way better.

Now on

Guaita / Forster

TAA / Saiss / Dallas / Lamptey / Mitchell

Salah / KDB / Son / Foden / Alzate

Jimenez / Wood / DCL

The turds in bold are on borrowed time.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Team is currently looking like this (played wildcard two weeks ago)

Martinez
Chillwell - Justin - Reguilon
Barnes - Salah - Son - Rodriguez - Havertz
Calvert Lewin - Werner

Bench: Miazek, Lamptey, Creswell,Brewster.
1.2m left in the bank.
Brought in Reguilon and Son for Shaw and Debruyne respectively after these last games. Not having a City attacker might hurt in the long run but I'm gonna wait to see which of the cheap guys in there gets a consistent place in the lineup. Think Debruyne is too expensive for what he's shown so far.
Miazek has left Leeds but I wouldn't care about that until I'm ready to play Bench Boost.
Might swap Barnes for Greewood if United show signs of recovering or Foden if he proves to be a mainstay in the City team (looking at Ferran Torres too).
Yep still keeping the faith with Werner. I'll give him our next 4 games to see where he is with Pulisic and Ziyech back in the starting lineup and Havertz behind him.
That Havertz spot is special reserved as a rotation spot for the Chelsea attacking trio behind Werner {Havertz (8.4), Pulisic (8.4), Ziyech (7.9)}. Whoever is in form and available to play gets that spot.

PS: Captained Debruyne twice and he blanked on both occasions (nearly TC’d him for the weekend)
Took Son out of my team twice and he hauled every time (one for being shit against Everton and one for fear of long injury layoff)
Yeah I'm not listening to anyone who tells me Debruyne to Son is a mistake!

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Castagne was one I didn't want to drop but Leicester will keep conceding it looks like and therefore he has to keep getting attacking returns... For 5.7, I need him to be in a more solid defense...

Chilwell is 0.2 cheaper in a defense that should settle soon and is on corners.
Ziyech might take corners when back though. Or at least he did take set pieces for Ajax.

IrishRedDevil

Really pissed off that the Son ''injury'' made me use my Wildcard last week.

Missed out on his 18 points and now I have to take a -4 to get him back in.

:(

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Why did you swap Dallas for Ayling out of interest? I've actually gone the other way :lol:

His attacking stats look way better.
Depends how you look at his stats. His stats were inflated in the Championship as he got a lot of his attacking returns when he was playing in midfield to cover injuries. When they both start in their preferred positions (LB and RB), Ayling's stats are actually better.

Watching their last few games, Ayling seemed to be the better option and from Leeds fans opinions, he has zero competition so will never be dropped barring injuries. Dallas is first choice LB but there are apparently 2 other LBs at the club and I can see Dallas being rested or dropped for one of them should Leeds get a hammering at some point. In fact, after his joke of a performance against Fulham, I was shocked he didn't get dropped after that game.

Ayling also seems to have the playstyle which leads to more potential bonus points.

Now watch Dallas get a goal next game and me come here and rant :lol:

Neo_Mufc

My 2 transfers with aim to prevent a price rise (Didn't happen)

Werner out - I waited patiently for 4 weeks hes done sweet f.a
Greenwood out - He is nothing like what he was end of last season and looks to only be getting 70mins as well so no point

Son in - Obvious reasons.
Wilson in - Has a lovely set of fixtures and looks like Newcastles main goal scorer with pens.

Paul_Scholes18

What do we think about Telles? Could he be a defensive solution and drop Shaw.
Feels too big risk right now though, but he has been very good for Porto in attack.
If he is 5 million like Shaw I might be tempted.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
What do we think about Telles? Could he be a defensive solution and drop Shaw.
Feels too big risk right now though, but he has been very good for Porto in attack.
If he is 5 million like Shaw I might be tempted.
We'll coach that out of him don't you worry.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Telles looks a dead asset at 5.5. His attacking output will be way, way down in a tough league with no set pieces.