Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Skåre Willoch

No Son/Kane (yet) but I think Bruno will still get big points even if we're shit so I'm not dropping him:

Martinez

Semedo
Robertson
Lamptey

Havertz
Rodriguez
Salah
Bruno

Brewster
DCL
Ings

1.9m in the bank, which I might upgrade Havertz to Son for if I feel I need to. Already took a 4pt hit to make the above so I'll wait.

(Brewster I think will start after the internationals, otherwise I have Kyle Walker Peters on the bench to come on. Don't think Southampton will keep a clean sheet, though so there was no point trusting him from the off).
Havertz to Son should be an absolute no brainer at the moment, but for -8 total I'm not so sure. What transfers did you do for -4?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Havertz to Son should be an absolute no brainer at the moment, but for -8 total I'm not so sure. What transfers did you do for -4?
I really fecked up man. Honestly it was a fat finger mistake. I put in KWP for Reece James by ACCIDENT :lol:

Then I took a 4pt hit to make the change I wanted to make (KDB for Bruno). This transfer was more a gut feeling, even though I didn't need to make such a change. Just feel Bruno will get big FPL points generally.

Anyway now I'm sitting without Son FFS :lol:

Skåre Willoch

I really fecked up man. Honestly it was a fat finger mistake. I put in KWP for Reece James by ACCIDENT :lol:

Then I took a 4pt hit to make the change I wanted to make (KDB for Bruno). This transfer was more a gut feeling, even though I didn't need to make such a change. Just feel Bruno will get big FPL points generally.

Anyway now I'm sitting without Son FFS :lol:
Haha, wow! :lol:

As for KDB -> Bruno, it's a fair bet with high risk / high reward, I guess. I gambled on Sterling over KDB myself, even though I'm shitting myself every gameweek. The fact that everyone has KDB makes me so stressed out. The same reason I won't get rid of TAA. My nerves simply can't take it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I'm using my wildcard this week, so far i have this:

Ryan
Mitchell Coleman Walker-Peters Castagne Ayling
KDB Salah Bruno Neto Hoijberg
Wilson DCL Jiminez

ROFLUTION

I'm using my wildcard this week, so far i have this:

Ryan
Mitchell Coleman Walker-Peters Castagne Ayling
KDB Salah Bruno Neto Hoijberg
Wilson DCL Jiminez
Looking solid, but no Trent or Robertson seems risky, considering they scored about 200+ pts last year. for 7 and 7.5m that's simply good value. I also have Jimenez myself, but I dont think he'll get around the same amount of points overall as Trent or Robertson.

ROFLUTION

What are peoples opinions on Saiss v. Castagne?

Part of me wants Saiss as Wolves have great fixtures, a defensively solid team and it saves me 0.5 in the bank.

But Castagne is like a winger with great attacking potential but Leicester look shaky in defense and have tougher fixtures so I'll be relying on those attacking returns...
Also looking at Castagne myself, but waiting to see how Leicester/Castagne pans out. A bit ubstable at the moment, but he is so much value, also if he rises 0.3 more and Leicester performs. So I'll stay put and observe for now, mostly due to me taking some hits to do some bigger moves.

Martinez
Trent - Mitchell - Lamptey - James - Vinagre
Son - Salah - Sterling - Grealish - Burke
Watkins - DCL - Jimenez

Vinagre and James pains me, but I'll wait for transfers to be available before I can ship em

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Grab Watkins while you're at it! Looks value
Considered him but don't want triple villa. Plus, who of Kane, DCL and Maupay can I replace? I feel Maupay is the best of sub 6.5 as Brighton are attacking like crazy this year and he's on pens.

Also looking at Castagne myself, but waiting to see how Leicester/Castagne pans out. A bit ubstable at the moment, but he is so much value, also if he rises 0.3 more and Leicester performs. So I'll stay put and observe for now, mostly due to me taking some hits to do some bigger moves.

Martinez
Trent - Mitchell - Lamptey - James - Vinagre
Son - Salah - Sterling - Grealish - Burke
Watkins - DCL - Jimenez

Vinagre and James pains me, but I'll wait for transfers to be available before I can ship em
I think if you're getting Castagne, it's more for his attacking potential. The good thing with him is that he's an easy guy to replace of he doesn't work out. I feel annoyed though as I was tinkering with my WC team and took him out for a night... Then his price went up. Which is why Lewis is now on my bench instead of KWP :lol:

I would be a little worried about your squad depth.

lamptey looks good but seems to be getting subbed early. Vinagre gone. James back on the bench. PVA is nearly back so Mitchell's on borrowed time. Burke will also get less time if Brewster comes into the team...

ROFLUTION

Considered him but don't want triple villa. Plus, who of Kane, DCL and Maupay can I replace? I feel Maupay is the best of sub 6.5 as Brighton are attacking like crazy this year and he's on pens.

I think if you're getting Castagne, it's more for his attacking potential. The good thing with him is that he's an easy guy to replace of he doesn't work out. I feel annoyed though as I was tinkering with my WC team and took him out for a night... Then his price went up. Which is why Lewis is now on my bench instead of KWP :lol:

I would be a little worried about your squad depth.

lamptey looks good but seems to be getting subbed early. Vinagre gone. James back on the bench. PVA is nearly back so Mitchell's on borrowed time. Burke will also get less time if Brewster comes into the team...
Yeah they are all very valid concerns and things I look to adress. Maupay looks great value, so I'm considering shipping out Jimenez for him (giving Jim 2 games more to impress) to do some moves in other places / squad depth. Just took a -8 hit to get in Salah, Grealish and DCL before it was too late for my budget. Annoying that Ferguson is knee injured. A good 4.0 option would make life easier.

Only thing concerning me about Maupay is Brighton. Started out last year very energetic too but faded, possibly due to squad depth.

kiristao

Have Salah and KDB. Should I replace either one for Bruno or Son? Not too sure about going for Son as I already have Kane. Not too confident about Bruno against Newcastle either so wondering if I just stay put and get 2 free transfers next week. I can also switch Mitrovic or Antonio for Muapay specially Antonio as Spurs have 3 tough games coming up. HELP!

Skåre Willoch

Only thing concerning me about Maupay is Brighton. Started out last year very energetic too but faded, possibly due to squad depth.
Very few players are “set and forget”, especially in that price range. Play him until Brighton starts fading, then swap him for someone with an upwards trend. That’s key, I guess. Pukki last year , for example. Plenty of players had him early on for a decent haul, then took him out just as his promotion-boost faded.

That said, I won’t go anywhere near Maupay. I don’t think he’ll be consistent enough. Just as I stayed away from Ings last season, because I was too proud. “Danny Ings is never the answer”.

Skåre Willoch

Have Salah and KDB. Should I replace either one for Bruno or Son? Not too sure about going for Son as I already have Kane. Not too confident about Bruno against Newcastle either so wondering if I just stay put and get 2 free transfers next week. I can also switch Mitrovic or Antonio for Muapay specially Antonio as Spurs have 3 tough games coming up. HELP!
Son has been the best player in the league so far. Bruno and United are yet to click. I guess Bruno will haul some points if/when we figure things out, and even if we don’t, he’ll still probably score a few. But Son seems to be the one player everyone should have. He can be the next player to score 5 in a game if he keeps going the way he’s started the season.
I went for Kane myself (did Son -> Kane after Son’s four goal game), and can’t figure out a way of getting him back in without -8 or even more. And that scares me a lot. A big part of why I’m saving up to 2 FTs for the next GW.

edit: I realize I didn’t actually answer your question. Either do KDB -> Son, or stay put. It could easily backfire, but high risk high reward etc. I wouldn’t do KDB -> Bruno just yet.

Last edited:

kiristao

Son has been the best player in the league so far. Bruno and United are yet to click. I guess Bruno will haul some points if/when we figure things out, and even if we don’t, he’ll still probably score a few. But Son seems to be the one player everyone should have. He can be the next player to score 5 in a game if he keeps going the way he’s started the season.
I went for Kane myself (did Son -> Kane after Son’s four goal game), and can’t figure out a way of getting him back in without -8 or even more. And that scares me a lot. A big part of why I’m saving up to 2 FTs for the next GW.

edit: I realize I didn’t actually answer your question. Either do KDB -> Son, or stay put. It could easily backfire, but high risk high reward etc. I wouldn’t do KDB -> Bruno just yet.
Thanks.

kafta

Looking solid, but no Trent or Robertson seems risky, considering they scored about 200+ pts last year. for 7 and 7.5m that's simply good value. I also have Jimenez myself, but I dont think he'll get around the same amount of points overall as Trent or Robertson.
Tinkered a bit and changed it to this:

Ryan
Robertson Mitchell Lampety Chilwell KWP
KDB Salah Son Neto Jorginho
DCL Ings Watkins

Ended up adding robertson son and ings for bruno wilson and coleman

Mcking

Tinkered a bit and changed it to this:

Ryan
Robertson Mitchell Lampety Chilwell KWP
KDB Salah Son Neto Jorginho
DCL Ings Watkins

Ended up adding robertson son and ings for bruno wilson and coleman
Jorginho is there for the penalties, right? Honestly don't see the point of having him if you aren't going to start him every game.

kafta

Jorginho is there for the penalties, right? Honestly don't see the point of having him if you aren't going to start him every game.
Anyone better to get for a price of 5? or cheaper?

Wayne's World

Haven't looked at my squad for nearly 10 days now but checked today and see I have four players who are doubts and was thinking of bringing the likes of Chilwell in and seen he's got injured on international duty today too.

Going to be a difficult week :wenger:

Adcuth

Never come out of an international break without someone being doubtful. fecking KDB

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is why you wildcard on international break!

Had left some funds for KDB, but may go with the combo of Salah-Son-Rodriguez-Grealish-Jorginho instead, leaving the 4.5m in the bank

Or potentially may even bring Bruno in for Grealish and hope he can at least continue his decent returns despite our woeful form.

Could even squeeze in a front 8 of

Salah-Bruno-Son-Grealish-Rodriguez with DCL, Watkins and Brewster up front

Dan_F

I think I’ll need to shift Podence and Foden soon, they were always temporary and haven’t really produced. Definitely want a Villa asset.

Grealish, Klich, Taylor or Barkley/McGuinn, Trossard, Chilwell.

K Stand Knut

I’ve got £2.7m in the bank and considering Vardy for Kane and Mitrovic for DCL but not keen on a -4 when it’s a derby weekend for Everton even if Liverpool have looked shaky.

What do any of you think???

DCL ultimately HAS to score to make it worthwhile and Mitrovic has an ‘easyish’ fixture

ROFLUTION

I’ve got £2.7m in the bank and considering Vardy for Kane and Mitrovic for DCL but not keen on a -4 when it’s a derby weekend for Everton even if Liverpool have looked shaky.

What do any of you think???

DCL ultimately HAS to score to make it worthwhile and Mitrovic has an ‘easyish’ fixture
DCL should be looked at in a longer perspective than just the scousederby. All stats show that he gets so much deliverance after Everton's improved creativity, so he'll be a threat in a lot of games I reckon

ROFLUTION

Selling De Bruyne for Son? Or Werner for either Kane or Son (with a hit)?
Definitely throw Werner out of your team for a better option. At 9.5 he's just not producing. Currently he's terrible value compared to otherd, even if he scores 1 next game.

K Stand Knut

DCL should be looked at in a longer perspective than just the scousederby. All stats show that he gets so much deliverance after Everton's improved creativity, so he'll be a threat in a lot of games I reckon
I am trying to think long-term but can’t help but think Liverpool will dominate the derby after humiliation against Villa.

Add to Mitrovic against Sheffield United and I just can’t decide. Especially when it’ll be a 4 point hit and I can just make one transfer this week and one next

ROFLUTION

I am trying to think long-term but can’t help but think Liverpool will dominate the derby after humiliation against Villa.

Add to Mitrovic against Sheffield United and I just can’t decide. Especially when it’ll be a 4 point hit and I can just make one transfer this week and one next
Dont see how Mitrovic against SU is a better option albeit there's the penaltyrisk. They're defensively sound. Liverpool just conceded 7(!) and you're considering taking one of the hottest players out for Mitrovic because of one game. Kane also has supreme underlying stats. Wouldnt do it if I was you.

Paul_Scholes18

Definitely throw Werner out of your team for a better option. At 9.5 he's just not producing. Currently he's terrible value compared to otherd, even if he scores 1 next game.
Might as well get both Kane and Son for a hit. Do not like that double up, but they got nice fixtures.
Once Aguero is back and looking good I can get him for Kane.

K Stand Knut

Dont see how Mitrovic against SU is a better option albeit there's the penaltyrisk. They're defensively sound. Liverpool just conceded 7(!) and you're considering taking one of the hottest players out for Mitrovic because of one game. Kane also has supreme underlying stats. Wouldnt do it if I was you.

Apologies if it’s not been clear!!!!!

I’ve got Vardy and Mitrovic currently and considering transferring in Kane and DCL but it’ll cost me 4 points.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just read that due to Ronaldo getting covid that Bruno might miss the next 4 games isolating!