Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Pickle85

38 with three to play. Only fielding nine so was feeling pretty good about that until spurs came and ruined it yesterday. I'm wildcarding this week but have never found it this tricky to build a wildcard team. Beyond 3x city I'm struggling to see the must haves.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:Lol:

Yesterday was pretty much my first time in this thread. I had no idea it to was this serious and elitist in here. What the feck did I wade into?
It's all in jest.
What isn't in jest though is those clowns who don't contribute all year then show up 12mins after the final table and report coming 73rd in the world having helped no one all year.

Withnail

42 with three arse and a Toney to go. Not too bad but currently have a few red arrows now after Son's hat-trick. Some feckers captained him! I'm still leading my work league which is the only one with a cash prize as most didn't have him, thankfully.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's all in jest.
What isn't in jest though is those clowns who don't contribute all year then show up 12mins after the final table and report coming 73rd in the world having helped no one all year.
To be fair, they're too busy in their mum's basement checking stats and watching tape whilst ignoring their actual lives so that's probably why they don't post here :lol:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
It's all in jest.
Fair enough, sounds like this thread is more cooperative than I thought.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
I avoided this thread also many years until I started playing FPL myself this is serious business hehe.
So did I, had no interest in FPL for a good 15-20 years because I last time I played it was a very dull game with just goals and assists involved. From memory, last time I played I was persuaded to buy Steve Staunton because of his accurate long balls from defence. Now I'm obsessed with it, like I am with fantasy Australian Rules.

Never played fantasy in a classic league though so it's been a steep learning curve. But after 22 transfers, burning two chips including the triple captain in week 1 on a 2 point Sterling performance, I'm really getting the hang of it!

Got myself up to 6,600,000th place. Don't even @ me, cnuts.

Update: Just realised I'm to 5,556,483 now. Didn't I tell you pimpin' was easy?

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Son yesterday was a classic case of FPL trolling you. Also Fulham scoring 3 and Mitrovic getting feck all is so annoying. Just goes to show there is so much planning you can do.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So did I, had no interest in FPL for a good 15-20 years because I last time I played it was a very dull game with just goals and assists involved. From memory, last time I played I was persuaded to buy Steve Staunton because of his accurate long balls from defence. Now I'm obsessed with it, like I am with fantasy Australian Rules.

Never played fantasy in a classic league though so it's been a steep learning curve. But after 22 transfers, burning two chips including the triple captain in week 1 on a 2 point Sterling performance, I'm really getting the hang of it!

Got myself up to 6,600,000th place. Don't even @ me, cnuts.

Update: Just realised I'm to 5,556,483 now. Didn't I tell you pimpin' was easy?
You're not alone. I had a friend at work who took a -44 in GW2 because he also made zero effort to understand how the basic fundamentals of the game :p . He's now got himself up to 4.5 millionth in the world too. So proud of you guys :drool:.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
You're not alone. I had a friend at work who took a -44 in GW2 because he also made zero effort to understand how the basic fundamentals of the game :p . He's now got himself up to 4.5 millionth in the world too. So proud of you guys :drool:.
Jesus, 11 transfers and he didn't even use the chip? I mean, not that I can talk but still.

It took me too long til I did the maths and realised 4 points is a pretty big loss for a new player vs what any player is likely to score for you.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
What's the go with 50% of managers having Jesus? Would have thought with cheaper strikers like Toney and Mitrovic scoring goals that would have gone down a bit.

Of course he'll probably score a hattrick tonight.

iammemphis

Jesus, 11 transfers and he didn't even use the chip? I mean, not that I can talk but still.
When i saw him the next morning asking wtf is he doing, he just laughed in disbelief and said he thought he was activiting his WC, he's such a lovely guy but that was inexplicable. He's paid to enter the league too. :lol:

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
When i saw him the next morning asking wtf is he doing, he just laughed in disbelief and said he thought he was activiting his WC, he's such a lovely guy but that was inexplicable. He's paid to enter the league too. :lol:
I missed out on tripling De Bruyne's 14 point week 2 performance because I didn't realise you had to scroll down and click "save" when changing your team.

EDIT: Just looked it up, that was a different week. But I missed out on doubling De Bruyne's 14 for that reason.

iammemphis

What's the go with 50% of managers having Jesus? Would have thought with cheaper strikers like Toney and Mitrovic scoring goals that would have gone down a bit.

He has gone down loads but not everyone is going Haaland and Kane and a third. So if that's the case you're probably still going Haaland, Jesus and Toney/Mitro.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Good price, decent team and they had great opening set of fixtures.

He'll start being taken out now though as their fixtures toughen up.

Fabian Keller

Will be an interesting one to see if Rodgers goes. Think you have to have Maddison in then (and probably captain too). Pope vs Ward is trickier than yo'd think. Having Mitro cancels out Pope's points, but Ward is Ward. Still, it's Forest and if Leicester are ever gonna keep a clean sheet its here. Especially with a new manager. Wishful thinking I know.

podurban2

Don’t do what I did. Thought I activated WC earlier this week (apparantly I didn’t), resulting in -68 points.

iammemphis

I missed out on tripling De Bruyne's 14 point week 2 performance because I didn't realise you had to scroll down and click "save" when changing your team. Ended up having Sterling as captain with the triple chip. It cost me 36 points.
Thats brutal tbh and ive messed up the save team a few times still. But the problem with the chips is they are normally always better to be used in double gameweeks. Otherwise you're wasting their full potential for points, and if you're miles behind early on in the game you just have to persist with the game as its a marathon and not a sprint. Following FPL guys on twitter helps to understand the strategy people are following each week too.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Have had a nightmare start this year. Had Rashford until I dropped him for Liverpool and sold him just before kick off.

Had Andreas on the bench when he hauled x2.

Not had Haaland captain two times he has hit high numbers

Had Liverpool defenders, and persisted with Salah.

I put Son in this week and when he was named on the bench and Dier scored (I got rid of him this week as well) I thought I might as well give up at this point.

Still around the 1m ranked mark, onwards and upwards, cheers Sonny boy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This thread being infiltrated by the filthy spoon-fed casuals. Us dedicated hard-working professionals can’t let this happen. Make the fantasy thread great again.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Thats brutal tbh and ive messed up the save team a few times still. But the problem with the chips is they are normally always better to be used in double gameweeks. Otherwise you're wasting their full potential for points, and if you're miles behind early on in the game you just have to persist with the game as its a marathon and not a sprint. Following FPL guys on twitter helps to understand the strategy people are following each week too.
Edited my post, it wasn't that week so it didnt quite cost me that many points. But this is the first time I realised that using the triple chip in a double game week might be a factor. I'll remember for next season. :lol:

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
This thread being infiltrated by the filthy spoon-fed casuals. Us dedicated hard-working professionals can’t let this happen. Make the fantasy thread great again.
Not even true, I run two of my teams like a casual. The other three I run like a damn pro.

Pickle85

Kane & Diaz Vs Toney and Salah anyone?
The former for me. I have a feeling (based on nothing!) that Toney will do a DCL and have a purple patch then go quiet. I don't think that the Salah vs Diaz points differential will be enough to make up for the Kane vs Toney.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
The people who have more than one fantasy team are the same people who turned off football manager after a loss and played the match again.

Scum of the earth.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The former for me. I have a feeling (based on nothing!) that Toney will do a DCL and have a purple patch then go quiet. I don't think that the Salah vs Diaz points differential will be enough to make up for the Kane vs Toney.
That's my thinking too. I'll see how Toney plays against Arse and then maybe decide.

Real_Knut

Brought Son inn and captained him because I thought there would be plenty of chances to counter against Leicester and they are atrocious defending dead balls. Now, I can keep believing I know anything at all about this game until the next time I forget to hit the "save" button or think that Raheem Sterling is a great choice for captain.

14th in the Newbies league and 600 000 overall is pretty good. Probably flattering though

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Kane and Diaz. Kane is on fire and has good fixtures. Also might be a popular captain choice in GW 11.
In that case, better to book in a transfer and have Toney for Bournemouth whilst Kane plays away to the Arse and then do the transfer next week?

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
38 with three to play. Only fielding nine so was feeling pretty good about that until spurs came and ruined it yesterday. I'm wildcarding this week but have never found it this tricky to build a wildcard team. Beyond 3x city I'm struggling to see the must haves.
I'm on a WC, too

Leicester City are approaching their easiest run of fixtures after the international break

N Forest
Bournemouth
C Palace
Leeds

Maddison is a must have. With Teilemans on PK's, he's a very good option, too.
Though I don't trust the defense.

saik

Great, Odegaard injured. I just can't catch a break these last 2 gameweeks ffs. Only 37 points with 2 Arse to go now. :(

Red Star One

Can’t understand why I just didn’t buy Saliba but White for this extra 0.3, sometimes I really make idiotic decisions

Pickle85

I'm on a WC, too

Leicester City are approaching their easiest run of fixtures after the international break

N Forest
Bournemouth
C Palace
Leeds

Maddison is a must have. With Teilemans on PK's, he's a very good option, too.
Though I don't trust the defense.
Maddison is a great shout, thanks. Added. I had a crazy moment where I debated daka but realistically it's a no go, right?!

Moby

Dick
In that case, better to book in a transfer and have Toney for Bournemouth whilst Kane plays away to the Arse and then do the transfer next week?
You can do that, but they are away at Bournmemouth (who seem to be a little better since they binned that garbage keeper). I'd just go with Kane. It's the NLD.

I'm in the same boat right now, one of my ways to raise funds is doing Kane to Toney and I'm considering doing it this GW instead of later down the line but I'm finding it really tough to sell Kane in this form. He's the highest FPL point scorer right now not named Erling Haaland.