g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 22/23

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sanchez/Dier/Martial/Tomiyasu
or
Ederson/Perisic/Undav/Dalot

And another option I'm thinking is

Sanchez/Dier/Tomiyasu/Diaz/Martial
to
Ederson/Perisic/Robertson/Rashford/Greenwood

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I can’t decide the followings:
  • should I get Rashford or Sancho.
  • should I get Grealish since I only have Cancelo as city cover.
  • Whether saka is must have if you don’t have Jesus.

Moby

Dick
Sancho is a doubt for today's game so keep an eye on that. If fit he's easily better than Rashford.
Grealish should be good value.
Don't look away from Jesus.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sancho is a doubt for today's game so keep an eye on that. If fit he's easily better than Rashford.
Grealish should be good value.
Don't look away from Jesus.
I’m going towards saka over Jesus due to penalty

Moby

Dick
I’m going towards saka over Jesus due to penalty
Are we sure Saka is on pens? Martinelli took the last one last season no? And there's Jesus in the mix now.

Also the number of pens went down quite a bit most of last season, didn't become a huge factor e.g. all those who went Kane over Son for pens got jackshit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are we sure Saka is on pens? Martinelli took the last one last season no? And there's Jesus in the mix now.

Also the number of pens went down quite a bit most of last season, didn't become a huge factor e.g. all those who went Kane over Son for pens got jackshit.
Remember city had no good penalty taker other than Mahrez after Aguero left or benched? This is why I believe Jesus is not favourite for it. Saka took 2 penalties while martinelli took 1 last season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rashford
Cancelo
I would take Saka if no Jesus. 8m is a strong price point.

Theres a good argument for Saka over Jesus too, both same price and both often equally advanced on goal.

Moby

Dick
Remember city had no good penalty taker other than Mahrez after Aguero left or benched? This is why I believe Jesus is not favourite for it. Saka took 2 penalties while martinelli took 1 last season.
Well that was a different manager, so it depends on what Arteta thinks. Arsenal haven't had a constant pen taker anyway. It was Lacazette earlier last season, then suddenly Saka took them, then it went to Martinelli. Not like it's a case like Salah, Kane etc who have been undisputed pen takers.

Saka is a good option anyway and could be a good differential as many are looking at Jesus and Martinelli over him, but that's regardless of pens which isn't a huge factor for him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well that was a different manager, so it depends on what Arteta thinks. Arsenal haven't had a constant pen taker anyway. It was Lacazette earlier last season, then suddenly Saka took them, then it went to Martinelli. Not like it's a case like Salah, Kane etc who have been undisputed pen takers.

Saka is a good option anyway and could be a good differential as many are looking at Jesus and Martinelli over him, but that's regardless of pens which isn't a huge factor for him.
I’m not sure how different manager can turn someone who’s not good in taking penalty to good, especially from Pep to Arteta.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone with a new idea for a defender?

Based on fixtures the 5.5-4.5 I consider are.

Perisic/Doherty, Gabriel/Ziinchencho, Trippier, Digne/Cash, Neco Williams and Dalot.

Anyone else?

Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Wolves I do not want unless Konate starts then I might go him and Walker over TAA and Cancelo and go big up front.

ROFLUTION

Grealish is a trap imo. Not much return unless he turns it around, and he’ll only play regularly if he actually performs - not many signs of that he’s gotten better end product yet. I’d be concerned about him not playing or subbed a lot - Pep favors Mahrez and Foden more I think

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Grealish is a trap imo. Not much return unless he turns it around, and he’ll only play regularly if he actually performs - not many signs of that he’s gotten better end product yet. I’d be concerned about him not playing or subbed a lot - Pep favors Mahrez and Foden more I think
Sterling going is big news for Grealish.
There's still talk Bilva could go to Barcelona which might suggest Foden will move centrally too, as he won't be a false 9 any more.

Cancelo needs monitoring too. He was a shoe in to play last season, but the year before was more of a rotation risk. With Cuccurella putting a transfer request in that adds to the uncertainty back there. Which at 7m you certainly don't want.

I wonder if it might be better to start on Ederson for guaranteed City coverage and have the TAA/Robertson axis.
That leaves the risk of Dias smashing their first games though.

You suspect one of Grealish/Rashford or Martinelli will hit the ground running hard, so it's how many of them do you have.

kps88

Perisic-Grealish
vs
Dias-Rashford
vs
Walker-Sancho
Just wait a bit. See how Perisic and Grealish look today, if Sancho is back in training soon, if City move on to another fullback target. So much can change in a week, pointless wracking your brain about it now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Anyone with a new idea for a defender?

Based on fixtures the 5.5-4.5 I consider are.

Perisic/Doherty, Gabriel/Ziinchencho, Trippier, Digne/Cash, Neco Williams and Dalot.

Anyone else?

Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Wolves I do not want unless Konate starts then I might go him and Walker over TAA and Cancelo and go big up front.
Only defence on my watchlist you haven't mentioned is Brighton. Good defensive team (6th best in the league last season), bad opening game against us but a nice seven game run after that, Dunk available for 4.5m.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Perisic-Grealish
vs
Dias-Rashford
vs
Walker-Sancho
Perisic/Grealish very much depends on how their likely gametime looks after this weekend but it probably has the highest upside.

I'm really tempted to just double on City's defence in my own team though. It's as safe a banking of points as you'll get.

Paul_Scholes18

Only defence on my watchlist you haven't mentioned is Brighton. Good defensive team (6th best in the league last season), bad opening game against us but a nice seven game run after that, Dunk available for 4.5m.
Yes I do consider Sanchez too if they had Fulham first rather than us away I would go for him.

Dunk is someone for the future on my wildcard I think and Sanchez too. Maybe Lamptey.

Moby

Dick
Perisic/Grealish very much depends on how their likely gametime looks after this weekend but it probably has the highest upside.

I'm really tempted to just double on City's defence in my own team though. It's as safe a banking of points as you'll get.
Yeah Cancelo Dias is a fine double up but that means less money in midfield.

I'm a bit unsure whether Cancelo is worth 7m. If we can get two of Ake Dias Walker it can improve the midfield a fair bit.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Cancelo Dias is a fine double up but that means less money in midfield.

I'm a bit unsure whether Cancelo is worth 7m. If we can get two of Ake Dias Walker it can improve the midfield a fair bit.
Who do you want as premium? The only ones I feel I miss in my team right now is Sancho , Kane and Son.

Going from Diaz to Son takes 4 million though so both Cancelo and TAA have to go.

Paul_Scholes18

Ive been on Salah and Kane since the start and I doubt that would change regarding premiums.
Yeah sorry which more expensive player would you get if you do Cancelo to Walker?

For me it would be Martinelli to Sancho.

The one I could get is Kulu to cover Spurs over Martinelli, but then I would worry about lineup so much with Richarlison so not sure it is a huge improvement beyond gameweek 1.
Bowen would be good, but they start with a hard game so could wait on him.
Mount or Maddison not for me right now.
Sterling over Diaz not sure it is better.
Bruno not sure about.

Cancelo though I feel good about having. He is not midfielder good in attack, but could match most 6.5 or lower mids for attacking returns possibly.

HairyBack23

Finally settled on this lads. Thoughts?

Raya

Trent
Robertson
Trippier
Dias
Cancelo

Maddison
Son
Martinelli

Jesus
Haaland

Bench: Pereira Colback Archer

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Cucurella has to be an option, partly fixtures (if stays), partly ability v price and partly if he goes to City.

If thinking of him, probably need to put what you think is your likely final team in NOW... then if he does move to City, you can keep him until need to make a tfr.

Moby

Dick
Cucurella has to be an option, partly fixtures (if stays), partly ability v price and partly if he goes to City.

If thinking of him, probably need to put what you think is your likely final team in NOW... then if he does move to City, you can keep him until need to make a tfr.
I can't get around having Cucu for GW1 though. If he stays having submitted a TR he probably won't play, and if he goes to City I don't think he will start right away. Walker when fit generally starts and is a senior figure in that team, think Cucu will come into play more when CL starts and they rotate. Either way, not an option for me for first few GWs, rather get Zina, Trips, etc who are at the same price and look like starters with decent potential.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I can't get around having Cucu for GW1 though. If he stays having submitted a TR he probably won't play, and if he goes to City I don't think he will start right away. Walker when fit generally starts and is a senior figure in that team, think Cucu will come into play more when CL starts and they rotate. Either way, not an option for me for first few GWs, rather get Zina, Trips, etc who are at the same price and look like starters with decent potential.
Sorry, wasn't clear. Just replying to the poster who mentioned Brighton and suggesting that (if looking at Brighton), Cucurella would be an option.

I won't pick him from start, possibly not at all unless him and Cancelo nail the FB positions

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saw a little analysis clip that pointed out that Newcastle's Almiron is ripping it up pre season, with 6 goals and 2 assists.
5m.
Worth a watch list add.
You suspect someone at Newcastle will prove great value, Trippier and Bruno most likely. I'll probably start with Trippier.

Pickle85

Really tried to get Sterling into my team but can't see a way without downgrading Salah or Cancelo. I do think this may be the season that no Salah pays off but I'm not brave enough to put my money where my mouth is.

Paul_Scholes18

Saw a little analysis clip that pointed out that Newcastle's Almiron is ripping it up pre season, with 6 goals and 2 assists.
5m.
Worth a watch list add.
You suspect someone at Newcastle will prove great value, Trippier and Bruno most likely. I'll probably start with Trippier.
He feels like someone not good enough based on last years. He is an attacker though.

If you go him there is Bailey as well at that cost.

Paul_Scholes18

The guy that wanted Fred that I said probably not. Fred is looking very good with assist potential as well so if you want him maybe worth picking him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone used the free rating tool on fantasy football hub site?

Free to input team and get predicted score for GW1 (pay if want more). Gave me 68.5 points… hmmmm.
Getting 68.8 but still not sure.

Just feel I should have Martial and a 8m MF, but dont know how to fit them in

ROFLUTION

Sterling going is big news for Grealish.
There's still talk Bilva could go to Barcelona which might suggest Foden will move centrally too, as he won't be a false 9 any more.

Cancelo needs monitoring too. He was a shoe in to play last season, but the year before was more of a rotation risk. With Cuccurella putting a transfer request in that adds to the uncertainty back there. Which at 7m you certainly don't want.

I wonder if it might be better to start on Ederson for guaranteed City coverage and have the TAA/Robertson axis.
That leaves the risk of Dias smashing their first games though.

You suspect one of Grealish/Rashford or Martinelli will hit the ground running hard, so it's how many of them do you have.
not sure about the last part - i dont expect any of them to hit the ground running, maybe Martinelli, but the other two could be swing and a miss too

Walker seems safe too, if Cucurella comes, I think he’s above Ake for the central defender spot til Laporte is back

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Finally settled on this lads. Thoughts?

Raya

Trent
Robertson
Trippier
Dias
Cancelo

Maddison
Son
Martinelli