Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Canuckred64

Looks like this weekend match week is severely reduced, games in London probably off due to policing issues and Brighton/Crystal Palace off due to rail strike. With 3 Arsenal, 3 Liverpool, 2 Chelsea, 1 Crystal Palace and 1 Brentford players not playing I could have 5 players this weekend.

There seems to be a need for a free chip this weekend where you get to pick whoever you want this week only. Reverts back to your actual team next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks like this weekend match week is severely reduced, games in London probably off due to policing issues and Brighton/Crystal Palace off due to rail strike. With 3 Arsenal, 3 Liverpool, 2 Chelsea, 1 Crystal Palace and 1 Brentford players not playing I could have 5 players this weekend.

There seems to be a need for a free chip this weekend where you get to pick whoever you want this week only. Reverts back to your actual team next week.
The rail strike was cancelled wasn't it?

Nickosaur

Think I'll just play wildcard. Was thinking of reducing/ditching my Arse/Liverpool coverage anyway as their fixtures turn.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I will have to Free Hit if that's the case as well. Will have Salah, Trent, James, Raya, Toney, Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba all out.

Nothing to do with smart chip use just pure bad luck and we'll have to suck it up. People who wildcarded last week and were allowed to roll it over got lucky.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I will have to Free Hit if that's the case as well. Will have Salah, Trent, James, Raya, Toney, Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba all out.

Nothing to do with smart chip use just pure bad luck and we'll have to suck it up. People who wildcarded last week and were allowed to roll it over got lucky.
If it will be full gw then we were sort of lucky (sort of). But if it will be only 4 or 5 games then we were completely fecked because it is gw for free hit, not wildcard.

I will end up probably with playing 4 or 5 players. With wildcard:(

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

The biggest scandal in football since Qatar got the World Cup.

SteveTheRed

Chelsea v Liverpool expected to be postponed. Their home game against Salzburg on Wednesday going ahead.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
If it will be full gw then we were sort of lucky (sort of). But if it will be only 4 or 5 games then we were completely fecked because it is gw for free hit, not wildcard.

I will end up probably with playing 4 or 5 players. With wildcard:(
Hmmm fair point. Hadn't thought of it like that. I think if United v Leeds, Chelsea v Liverpool, Brentford v Arsenal and Spurs v Leicester is off you've definitely been shafted as it only leaves City of the traditional top 6 clubs with a game on. If I was on a wildcard and forced into it I'd ditch Salah, leave Trent, Saliba and Martinelli on the bench and try and make a team from what's left (Pope, Trippier, Cancelo, Williams, KDB, Bowen, Ward Prowse, Gordon, Isak, Mitro, Haaland) but yeah that would be a tough pill to swallow. I don't like that midfield long term but I do like the defence and attack. Probably have money in the bank to get James, Diaz etc in later on.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hmmm fair point. Hadn't thought of it like that. I think if United v Leeds, Chelsea v Liverpool, Brentford v Arsenal and Spurs v Leicester is off you've definitely been shafted as it only leaves City of the traditional top 6 clubs with a game on. If I was on a wildcard and forced into it I'd ditch Salah, leave Trent, Saliba and Martinelli on the bench and try and make a team from what's left (Pope, Trippier, Cancelo, Williams, KDB, Bowen, Ward Prowse, Gordon, Isak, Mitro, Haaland) but yeah that would be a tough pill to swallow. I don't like that midfield long term but I do like the defence and attack. Probably have money in the bank to get James, Diaz etc in later on.
All those games are in danger? Ffs, i am fecked.
My team (if those mentioned games are off) is;
Trips, Cancelo
Bailley, Pereira, Kdb,
Haaland

Shit on the stick

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
All those games are in danger? Ffs, i am fecked.
My team (if those mentioned games are off) is;
Trips, Cancelo
Bailley, Pereira, Kdb,
Haaland

Shit on the stick
I think so. I don't know how possible it is but if those 4 games were cancelled along with Brighton and Palace I think the only fair way to navigate it would be to deactivate any chips in use and activate a free hit for everyone for one week only (no carry over). Of course we'd all have the same teams (Pope, Trippier, Isak, Mitro, Cancelo, KDB, Haaland) but at least it wouldn't punish anyone unfairly.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
I think so. I don't know how possible it is but if those 4 games were cancelled along with Brighton and Palace I think the only fair way to navigate it would be to deactivate any chips in use and activate a free hit for everyone for one week only (no carry over). Of course we'd all have the same teams (Pope, Trippier, Isak, Mitro, Cancelo, KDB, Haaland) but at least it would keep it wouldn't punish anyone unfairly.
I'm less concerned about this week as you say whatever happens would affect most of us equally. But all these fixtures having to be reschedules in an already hectic season with a WC happening in winter will be an absolute mindfeck just like last season with DGWs popping up absolutely out of nowhere.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm less concerned about this week as you say whatever happens would affect most of us equally. But all these fixtures having to be reschedules in an already hectic season with a WC happening in winter will be an absolute mindfeck just like last season with DGWs popping up absolutely out of nowhere.
Can barely remember what a normal season was like.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Looking like just 3 blanks then. Slightly annoying as I wanted to do Jesus > Mitro but that will have to wait now as I'll need to take a Liverpool or Chelsea player out instead.

Mo > KDB or Son I guess.

Edit: Shit I've got Harrison as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brighton v Palace still off then? Thought the strike was cancelled?

That Sanchez and chimpy non playing keeper doesn't look genius right now.
Or having GroB

Those 2, TAA, Salah, Rashy and James out.

Only Andreas to come in from the bench.

Probably the time to use the wildcard as it only can be used for however many more weeks anyway.
Just annoying to have to bang it before an international break.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've got 7 players in the 3 cancelled games ffs :lol:
3 choices.
FH, Wildcard, or suck up an understrength team.

So annoying to have to use a wildcard a week before internationals though.

Plus you don't want to leave yourself too light on Liverpool, Chelsea, United.
It could barely be worse teams to be without their players. Only City and Arsenal more so really.

Nickosaur

Hmm...If it's just three blanks then I can use my 2x FTs to get a full team out.

Ward (may as well play no keeper)
Cancelo / Trippier / Saliba / Neco Williams
Foden / Martinelli / Andreas
Haaland / Jesus / Mitrovic

Feels a bit lightweight in midfield...
But would mean I can activate WC/tinker to my hearts content over the international break

Bristol_Red_87

Brighton v Palace still off then? Thought the strike was cancelled?
Same issue as United v Leeds.

Both games would see a heightened/increased police presence, which can't be fulfilled with redistribution of officers to London.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well, that is not true. We, ( unlucky/stupid/bad players) who activated wildcard are double fecked.
We spent wildcard and built a team based on next 4 or 5 gws. 1 gw is off now and for second we will have 1/3 of squad which means total debacle. Using wildcard lost all meaning.
Who didn't hit wc, he can do free hit and then wildcard.

Stupid/unlucky/golf drivers (:lol:) players will get 20-30 points and spent wildcard in nothing.
Smarter/lucky players will do free hit, get 50+ points and use wildcard after that.

K Stand Knut

Surely they will put something in place for this debacle?

Nobody will want to use their wildcard, will they on the basis that they are probably going to have to use their transfers over the next few weeks to get back to something resembling the team people actually want

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Impossible to navigate through this without FH I think. I am going to have 7 players missing, some of my rivals are WCing but I think it is a terrible idea as you won’t want to go without some of these players long term.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
3 choices.
FH, Wildcard, or suck up an understrength team.

So annoying to have to use a wildcard a week before internationals though.

Plus you don't want to leave yourself too light on Liverpool, Chelsea, United.
It could barely be worse teams to be without their players. Only City and Arsenal more so really.
Make any FTs you’ve got, consider a -4 or -8 even to get a decent number of players out while retaining WC?

BootsyCollins

On a wildcard from before.
Currently my team is like this :

Raya(Ward)
Trippier, Williams, Cancelo (James, Dalot)
KDB, Andreas, Martenelli, Kouyate (Rashford)
Kane, Toney, Haaland

A mix of getting points this round, but also a little longer thinking(James, Rashford and Dalot comes in for Williams, Andreas and Kouyate) and can switch KDB to a Diaz after they meet to free up money.
Any thoughts or tips?

ROFLUTION

Surely they will put something in place for this debacle?

Nobody will want to use their wildcard, will they on the basis that they are probably going to have to use their transfers over the next few weeks to get back to something resembling the team people actually want
considering the fixtures, a wildcard now isnt that far off imo. Money is almost not the problem anyways with what I want to do, so a flexible squad with the money spread out seems fine.

Personally I’d probably like to see how Chelsea fare under Potter and also whether United can continue before going for more than one player from them. So I can just go for Rashford for 1 gw and switch to Saint Maximum for instance afterwards

edit: wtf United’s game is off too?!

Last edited: