Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
97pts and I'd already used my TC on Haaland few weeks ago.

Very happy with my rank rise. 140k to 85k. :)

paulscholes18

Got myself back inside The top 100k (very much just 99.5k), hopefully I can stay there longer than last time and push for a top 50k finish.

BootsyCollins

Going in with this team :
Kepa
Trippier-White-Lewis
Rashford-Mahrez-Ödegård-Martinelli
Mitrovic-Kane-Haaland(c)

Subs : Ward, Shaw, Botman, Andreas

There is something bugging me about my team, but i cant put my finger on what.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
87 and still came out with a green arrow despite no Rashy TC. Think I survived with minimal damage thankfully.

Decisions to make are do I take a -4 to bring in a City defender for one of Shaw or Thomas and which one of Gnonto and Andreas do I bench?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Have to transfer out Stones. Not hugely excited about replacing him with a City defender, but given they've a double, who would be their best option? Akanji? Walker going to play do we think?

Have 3 Arsenal players, so can't take an Arsenal defender.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
87 and still came out with a green arrow despite no Rashy TC. Think I survived with minimal damage thankfully.

Decisions to make are do I take a -4 to bring in a City defender for one of Shaw or Thomas and which one of Gnonto and Andreas do I bench?
How many players have TC on Rashford? I had him as regular cap plus Bruno and Shaw. And after wednesday i even dropped a little.
I would buy Lewis if i am you.

troylocker

Going in with this team :
Kepa
Trippier-White-Lewis
Rashford-Mahrez-Ödegård-Martinelli
Mitrovic-Kane-Haaland(c)

Subs : Ward, Shaw, Botman, Andreas

There is something bugging me about my team, but i cant put my finger on what.
That doesn't look too shabby. I guess what's bugging you is the doubt around minutes for White, Lewis, Mahrez and Martinelli, but those 4 might also be potential differentials for you even though there are safer picks out there.

Had a good week this week despite saving my triple captain chip for Haaland this week, and ended on 100p. Sitting around 100k now.

My GW24 team:
Kepa (Ward)
Trippier, Shaw, White (Badiashile, Bueno)
KDB, Mahrez, Odegaard, Rashford (Mitoma)
Kane, Haaland (TC), Nketiah
0,9M ITB

Plan is to roll a transfer in GW24 and maybe take a -4 into GW25 depending on whether Bueno is out in the cold or not. Then it will be Shaw -> Tarkowski and KDB -> Salah (C) + Bueno -> someone who's playing if Bueno has lost his place.
I like the look of the team, and there is multiple ways I can go depending on doubles in GW26 and 27.

BootsyCollins

That doesn't look too shabby. I guess what's bugging you is the doubt around minutes for White, Lewis, Mahrez and Martinelli, but those 4 might also be potential differentials for you even though there are safer picks out there.

Had a good week this week despite saving my triple captain chip for Haaland this week, and ended on 100p. Sitting around 100k now.

My GW24 team:
Kepa (Ward)
Trippier, Shaw, White (Badiashile, Bueno)
KDB, Mahrez, Odegaard, Rashford (Mitoma)
Kane, Haaland (TC), Nketiah
0,9M ITB

Plan is to roll a transfer in GW24 and maybe take a -4 into GW25 depending on whether Bueno is out in the cold or not. Then it will be Shaw -> Tarkowski and KDB -> Salah (C) + Bueno -> someone who's playing if Bueno has lost his place.
I like the look of the team, and there is multiple ways I can go depending on doubles in GW26 and 27.
Yes thats probably it.
And the feeling that Arsenal going to fall of a cliff.
How close is Jesus to returning?

I also feel that you guys who went with the Haaland TC this round is going to gain alot of points of us Rashy TC. Even if Rashford did as good as my TC ever done.

Moby

Dick
Current Team:

Kepa, Ward
Trippier, Shaw, Ake, Mings, Patterson
Saka, Martinelli, Rashford, Bruno, Andreas
Kane, Haaland, Nketiah

5 doublers, 3.1 ITB. 1 FT.

Possible moves:
Bruno back to KDB - meh.
Bruno to Mahrez
Martinelli to Mahrez
Martinelli to Odegaard
Roll.

Any suggestions, @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @others

Dont feel like getting another City attacker is essential at this point, but then it's a double and it's obviously tempting. Really not feeling like spending 12 odd mill on KDB so if it has to be one would probably be Mahrez for Bruno - which feels like a pretty dumb move.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Current Team:

Kepa, Ward
Kane, Haaland, Nketiah

Possible moves:
Bruno back to KDB - meh.
Bruno to Mahrez
Martinelli to Mahrez
Martinelli to Odegaard
Roll.

Dont feel like getting another City attacker is essential at this point, but then it's a double and it's obviously tempting. Really not feeling like spending 12 odd mill on KDB so if it has to be one would probably be Mahrez for Bruno - which feels like a pretty dumb move.
I'm doing Bruno to Mahrez. We're not as optimal without Casemiro and have a blank whilst city have a double and playing gw25 and then also playing Bournemouth, who concede a lot. He can get benched sure, but the upside and his potential EO will be high and I wanna negate that.

He won't be a long term move though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I’m chasing in all my leagues by about 30-40 points and I’m also the only one near the top that has Odegaard… really tempted to put him as captain this week knowing everyone else will have Haaland. I am going to get half of Haaland’s points anyway but Ødegaard scoring would make things way more interesting and at least it won’t be another week with maximum 5-10 point swing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Current Team:

Kepa, Ward
Kane, Haaland, Nketiah

Possible moves:
Bruno back to KDB - meh.
Bruno to Mahrez
Martinelli to Mahrez
Martinelli to Odegaard
Roll.

Mitoma for Andreas?

Moby

Dick
I'm doing Bruno to Mahrez. We're not as optimal without Casemiro and have a blank whilst city have a double and playing gw25 and then also playing Bournemouth, who concede a lot. He can get benched sure, but the upside and his potential EO will be high and I wanna negate that.

He won't be a long term move though.
Agreed. There is rotation risk with him but they don't have too many options either and he's getting more goalscoring chances than KDB who looks to be creating more and stays away from the box. I am around 0.2 short of Andreas to Mahrez which I could have done if I was monitoring price changes, but anyway that would have left me with a massive benching headache anyway. Rather punt on Mahrez or even Grealish and go with it. But again Bruno could have easily hauled yesterday if others didnt miss chances, our attack seems ok and Leeds and Leicester can't defend that much. I really will decide between either rolling or getting Mahrez.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Current Team:

Kepa, Ward
Kane, Haaland, Nketiah

Possible moves:
Bruno back to KDB - meh.
Bruno to Mahrez
Martinelli to Mahrez
Martinelli to Odegaard
Roll.

Yeah I'm not sure another City attacker is worth it either, so with a luxury transfer maybe Martinelli to Ode assuming he's ok. Don't complain if Martinelli burns you though.

Rolling would be useful now we know more about the future dgw's in 25. Bruno > Salah in that week looks obvious.

MUFC OK

116 this week. Now taking a -4 to do: Bruno, Cancelo, Martinelli > Mahrez, Akanji, Odegaard.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
How many players have TC on Rashford? I had him as regular cap plus Bruno and Shaw. And after wednesday i even dropped a little.
I would buy Lewis if i am you.
Don't know overall but a fair few did in my mini leagues. Cost me 12 points in the end after TC'ing Haaland a few weeks back. No biggie.

I can't see Lewis playing both games. Probably won't against Arsenal. He might get more league games after though in the easier fixtures they have as Pep might favour experience in Europe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Current Team:

Kepa, Ward
Kane, Haaland, Nketiah

Possible moves:
Bruno back to KDB - meh.
Bruno to Mahrez
Martinelli to Mahrez
Martinelli to Odegaard
Roll.

I'd probably leave it in your scenario, as Bruno feels decent to have right now.
Even last night he could have had a few assists

I'll be bringing Mahrez in, but for Almiron.
May well leave that as my 2 City boys. Have 3 Arsenal, sort of feels like the wrong ones, with Martinelli, but will have to suck that up.

Nickosaur

107 thanks to TC Rashy and just outside the top 25k.

Think my transfer will be Bruno out for KDB or Mahrez for the DGW.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Who will you bench after that?

I should have done Martinelli to Mitoma a couple of GWs back when I was really tempted. Seems a bit late now.
I am rotating Mitoma and Toney. Last gw it went great. Toney got 1 point and Mitoma got 11 on the bench :lol:

Nickosaur

Really want Mitoma but it just doesn't make much sense for me with the BGW coming up.

Plus my starting XI is pretty stacked for the next few weeks.
This week I need to decide whether to bench Botman (bou) or Mitro (NFO). Leaning towards Mitro but Forest have improved a lot in recent weeks.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Midfield choices of Almiron, Bruno, Rashford and Martinelli. Need to get Mahrez or KDB in it seems, but not sure who to take out. Bruno was obvious before last week since he's blanking in GW25 but he seems a good option to get some extra points before then.

IrishRedDevil

You can see points on main screen or you can click on player and check what he has done game by game. I don't know what was confusing in that (for FPL player)?
Shaw didn't get an assist. Get it? :houllier: Maybe you should click a few of those places you mentioned to check for yourself.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Shaw didn't get an assist. Get it? :houllier: Maybe you should click a few of those places you mentioned to check for yourself.
He got awarded an assist for the Fernandes penalty in your first game last GW. Maybe it doesn't show on the results fixtures on Player information as it's not a "proper" one but he did have 5 points after that first game.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was under the impression I had triple captained Marcus too. I realised after the weekend that I had failed to save it. Schoolboy error.
Bollocks. I realised I made the same error. There was me counting on 120 extra points. FML

edit: I am joking about the 120 extra btw

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Pope (kelleher)
Gabriel - tripper - Shaw
KDB - Odegaard - Rashford - Mahrez
Nketiah - Haaland (C) - Johnson

subs - Andreas - Mee - Faes

Bank 3.6m
All specials still to play

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I have Cucurella and two duds at the back. With Chilwell coming on last game and Cucu being absolutely woeful, should I take the -4 to take him out for a cheaper player this week?

Idea would be to use the money to get in Tarkowski/Kilman for the double instead of the duds.

Or should I role with him this week in the hopes that he is dragged off with a cleany after 60 minutes?

RedDevil@84

TC for me. I think he’ll play 90 in both, thats my criteria - not sure he’ll play double 90 on a dgw later in the season if City have focus on europe or are out of reach for the title
He will blank in Arsenal game. Hopefully will score 3 against Villa though.

Cornish

Who to bench- Robertson (Everton at home) or Rico Lewis (doubles but will he play any/both?)
Swaying towards benching Robertson. If I’ve got Lewis and not going to play him in a double gameweek then when am I?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Who to bench- Robertson (Everton at home) or Rico Lewis (doubles but will he play any/both?)
Swaying towards benching Robertson. If I’ve got Lewis and not going to play him in a double gameweek then when am I?
Be brave. Have fun. Play Lewis. Get hurt. Rant. That's the FPL way.