Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Pickle85

Think I'll go similar.
Just pondering Foden v Bruno.
Did you go Bruno because you already had Foden?
The double in 37 and knowing Bruno plays every minute always is a big appeal.
Yep, already had foden and wanted Bruno. He's looked much better of late and like you say, he'll always play. My dilemma now is that some of the punts I loaded up with a few weeks ago when I WCd with an eye on 37 have looked poor (Maddison and Hojlund step forward) but it's tough to get rid when I still have a couple of pretty average SGW players in my squad. Ideally I'd go Hojlund to Isak and Maddison to Gordon, but to maximise BB I still need to replace a defender and a goalkeeper who have only one game in 37. Decisions decisions...!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, already had foden and wanted Bruno. He's looked much better of late and like you say, he'll always play. My dilemma now is that some of the punts I loaded up with a few weeks ago when I WCd with an eye on 37 have looked poor (Maddison and Hojlund step forward) but it's tough to get rid when I still have a couple of pretty average SGW players in my squad. Ideally I'd go Hojlund to Isak and Maddison to Gordon, but to maximise BB I still need to replace a defender and a goalkeeper who have only one game in 37. Decisions decisions...!
Tough time of season.

If I do my free 2 transfers I can field

Petrovic
White Gabriel Branthwaite
Palmer (c) Son Saka Bruno Garnacho
Isak Solanke

Only 3 doublers but Isak and Bruno big single and both have a week 37 double..whilst holding Haaland for that too.

Haaland benched

Wondering about maybe even a -8 to do Solanke to Jackson and Gusto to a doubler.
Or be patient with what I have.

Gusto is a write off this double but possibly still doable for their other double...

Solanke has a decent home and Jackson is a bit hit and miss.
And Because I have Gusto I'd need to do the double hit as he's my 3rd Chelsea.

Pickle85

Tough time of season.

If I do my free 2 transfers I can field

Petrovic
White Gabriel Branthwaite
Palmer (c) Son Saka Bruno Garnacho
Isak Solanke

Only 3 doublers but Isak and Bruno big single and both have a week 37 double..whilst holding Haaland for that too.

Haaland benched

Wondering about maybe even a -8 to do Solanke to Jackson and Gusto to a doubler.
Or be patient with what I have.

Gusto is a write off this double but possibly still doable for their other double...

Solanke has a decent home and Jackson is a bit hit and miss.
And Because I have Gusto I'd need to do the double hit as he's my 3rd Chelsea.
I feel like this double may be a disappointment tbh. I ditched gusto for porro and a -4 today more out of hope than expectation, tbh. Thinking back on it I would probably take it back now and monitor how he goes for 37, if he's looking like being back in time. As a Jackson owner, he makes Chelsea games basically unwatchable for me as I always come out wondering how he's not had a hat trick. I like that side with two FTs - don't think it's worth taking a hit to cram any more hit and miss spuds or Chelsea players in tbh.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I feel like this double may be a disappointment tbh. I ditched gusto for porro and a -4 today more out of hope than expectation, tbh. Thinking back on it I would probably take it back now and monitor how he goes for 37, if he's looking like being back in time. As a Jackson owner, he makes Chelsea games basically unwatchable for me as I always come out wondering how he's not had a hat trick. I like that side with two FTs - don't think it's worth taking a hit to cram any more hit and miss spuds or Chelsea players in tbh.
Happy with my 2 transfers. Just nervous about Foden as with Haaland out he tends to step up more and its always worrying having no City.

Foden instead of Bruno is one option.
-4 Saka to Foden another. With Saka not having hauled for a while and having 2 tough aways left and Foden in top form and having 5 games left potentially.

Pickle85

Happy with my 2 transfers. Just nervous about Foden as with Haaland out he tends to step up more and its always worrying having no City.

Foden instead of Bruno is one option.
-4 Saka to Foden another. With Saka not having hauled for a while and having 2 tough aways left and Foden in top form and having 5 games left potentially.
Yeah, saka to foden is the eventual move, isn't it?
I'd probably go foden ahead of Bruno this week, then get Bruno in before 37. Of the two of them I'd see foden as having the higher potential upside. I don't think taking a -4 to get both is worthwhile though, given that it'd be for saka who can put points up himself (though has tailed off for sure). Good luck, whatever you decide. Let's lock it in!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Salah benched certainly helps when already shipping him this week.
Nothing like him scoring 5mins in to dampen things!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah, saka to foden is the eventual move, isn't it?
I'd probably go foden ahead of Bruno this week, then get Bruno in before 37. Of the two of them I'd see foden as having the higher potential upside. I don't think taking a -4 to get both is worthwhile though, given that it'd be for saka who can put points up himself (though has tailed off for sure). Good luck, whatever you decide. Let's lock it in!
Yes, Bruno is on incredible form but maybe I've missed that now. I have Garnacho so Foden is probably the bigger priority.
When Haaland doesn't play he seems even bigger a threat.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This is the team I recommended this guy I help out who is about to pay WC:

Vicario, Ederson
Porro, Disasi, Schar, Van Hecke, Maguire
Son, Palmer, Foden, Gordon, Bruno
Jackson, Isaac, Haaland

To think I could have had this team if I didn't spunk my WC prematurely :(

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah I have to now take a -8.

Gonna leave the keepers as there's a chance one might play and they are low returns for a hit anyway.
Yeah might do the same as still uncertainty over the likes of Petrovic as it is.

I've just done Salah to KDB for -4. Now either bring in a defender for Udogie or Jackson for Morris and bench one of Haaland/Salah.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Personally wouldn't
I'll leave it. Deadline decisions often don't go well and Saka has a good fixture next week.
Will leave it to week 37.

Wycombe have their last game at 1230 kick off today so should be back to watch the Burnley game hopefully...need Garnacho to have a big one.

troylocker

Yeah might do the same as still uncertainty over the likes of Petrovic as it is.

I've just done Salah to KDB for -4. Now either bring in a defender for Udogie or Jackson for Morris and bench one of Haaland/Salah.
Just did the same. Not taking another hit to get a Spurs defender (original plan)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
feck it -8 done and that's it. Isak, KDB and Schar in for Toney, Salah and Udogie. Hail Mary on Son as captain as well because everyone is going Palmer and so will my ml rival. Hope Haaland plays.

Neto (Areola)
Schar Gabriel Reguillon (Zab) (Gusto)
KDB Foden Saka Son Palmer
Haaland Isak (Morris)

Good luck everyone.